Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2008/09

Started by ICHAPMAN, August 26, 2008, 11:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneydavid

Hello , I have a question. What time is ´Merry christmas : Walt disney studios´ on the 15th of november? Its not in the guide , is it :

http://fr.actualite.disneylandparis.be/ ... arades.pdf
And can people tell me what i can expect/what it is?

Thanks!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Anthony

It's basically a Christmas version of the Good Morning Walt Disney Studios mini-parade and meet 'n' greets.

It ran a few years ago with a few re-decorated cadillacs, Christmas characters and general Disney characters. I'd image it's scaled down a bit from 2005 though, like Good Morning WDS was this year.

Edit: And I see it in the guide as being on at 10.30am on the 15th November.

Merged with Disney's Fairytale Christmas topic.

Disneydavid

Quote from: "Anthony"It's basically a Christmas version of the Good Morning Walt Disney Studios mini-parade and meet 'n' greets.

It ran a few years ago with a few re-decorated cadillacs, Christmas characters and general Disney characters. I'd image it's scaled down a bit from 2005 though, like Good Morning WDS was this year.

Edit: And I see it in the guide as being on at 10.30am on the 15th November.
But what time is it?

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Kris

So what do people think of this story?
http://www.dlrptoday.com/2008/11/17/sle ... tmas-2008/

I personally think it's cheating to put on a different show for the press and travel companies and then display a limited show for everyone else. I mean, I love DLRP and really want the best for the resort/everyone involved, but it's like advertising a top of the range Porche, only to really be offered a model that's a few years old and definitely without iPod dock. You know?

That said, firework 'bursts' have always been missing from these newer ceremonies and I think this proves that it ultimately still works (whatever the weather issues). I never understood why the princesses still play such a large role, especially now the parade has all the new toy-like costumes which pretty much match the Mickey and the gang's ceremony attire.

The lights in the Central Plaza trees really gave the illumination so much more atmosphere... I still miss them this year. Will they return? Since everyone is in CP anyway, it makes sense to bring the magic to the guest rather than get them to look over people's heads. I'll all for Santa and some elves coming back to the show. Was so lucky Daviddu59 was there to catch it on video for us :)
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

littlemermaid83

I agree with the above post.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Quote from: "Disneydavid"Hello , I have a question. What time is ´Merry christmas : Walt disney studios´ on the 15th of november? Its not in the guide , is it :

http://fr.actualite.disneylandparis.be/ ... arades.pdf
And can people tell me what i can expect/what it is?

Thanks!
Hi, is the schedule updated? or is this weeks elsewhere?
Thanks
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

Kris

Does anyone else think the Chante C'est Noel remix is done by the same people as the Twilight mix used earlier in the year? It has a similar sound to it...
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I agree with the above post.

I agree too, but still, if you look at some of the pictures taken, they look incredibly beautiful  and really sell DLRP well. It'll be great to see some more shots like these in future brochures :)

littlemermaid83

It will be nice to see the pictures but if people book up expecting to see that every night then they would be disappointed.

I know i would be.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

jazzluvva

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I agree with the above post.

I agree too, but still, if you look at some of the pictures taken, they look incredibly beautiful and really sell DLRP well. It'll be great to see some more shots like these in future brochures :)

we were there that night (self, wife & 2 kids), yes the fireworks & projections we're lovely & the operatic singers were perfect, but the situtation & build was utter hell, the organisation was complete madness, and it was a miracle that noone was injured or worse in the crush, vitrually alll of central plaza was sectioned off solely for the press, we had had to climb on a hill near frontierland to have any chance of seeing it, the only cast members we experienced were more concerned about us getting too close to the press zone than anyones actual safety, and the prevailing crush as people attempted to get to main street was a dangerous situation, clearly no risk assessments had been taken when keeping CP clear.
The PR images will look fantastic I'm sure, but this was at a cost to many park guests that day, I hope DLRP is able to learn from this before a tragedy occurs

Did anyone else have a better experience?

jazzluvva

i haven't made it very clear, but it was the situation whilst viewing the Fantilusion and the period inbetween fantillusion & bougillumination enchantee

Lindyloo

PLEASE can anyone help, im very faimilar with Florida, but after my husband leaving us on Valentines day, it will be just me and my 6 yr old daughter going 1st Dec 3 nights.

When are the parades ?  I cant find the times past 21st Nov ?
What cant we miss?
Any hints or tips please?
Do we go to Father christmas first thing?  queues build ???  
As I understand wew get into park at 8am as we are in Sante Fee?
Thank you :D/

jazzluvva

hi, this might get moved to trip planning,but i'll carry on anyway, Disneylan Park is Very similar to Magic Kingdom & Walt Disney Studios is similar to Disney MGM, so you should roughly know youre way around

if you have extra magic hours ie, 8am opening, you will have access to most of fantasyland rides plus Buzz, Space Mountain & Orbitron Rockets in Discoveryland - as you are avoiding the weekend you shouldn't have any problems with queues, but make sure you do Peter Pan & Dumbo as early as you can, then get to frontierland soon after 10am to do Big thunder Mountain, to beat the queues, or to get Fastpass.  Studios park is 10am start, do Crush Coaster ASAP, as there is no FP & big queues (prob 30-40 mins).

Parades: no parades in studios right now

Disneyland Park - Once Upon a Dream parade at 4pm - to see the Princess stop watch from central plaza near Frontierland/Adventureland entrance (or further up main street to see other stops)

Fantillusion parade at 7pm - watch from halfway up main street to see Fairy & Villian stops, or watch from near Adventureland entrance to see Villian & Princess stops

Enchanted Candlabration at 6pm - watch from in front of stage so you can see the castle and the length of main street

Try to see the shows too - Lion King & Mickeys Winter Wonderland - Santa's Grotto is right next door to Mickey's Winter Wonderland too

have a great trip

On our first day we just wandered around, took it all in, did a couple of rides, got hot chocolate, then the next few days military precision!! :lol:
Dont underestimate the cold, it is freezing, get thermals!!! :shock:
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Can anyone confirm the dates that the Disney Village Christmas Market will be onsite.

I realise that my own post from the front page says that this will be December 21st,  but I've started to see suggestions that the start date for the market will be December 12th (Disney Central Plaza, French Travel Websites - listing Christmas Market dates).

As promised, the response from DLRP (Sharesholders Club) is that:

"The Disney Village Christmas Market will start on December 12th and will take place until January 6th."

Regards

Iain.