Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote from: "Japper"Well, why build multiple toy story rides/themed areas when some other important movies don't have a ride? Like the little mermaid, beauty and the beast (!!!!), 101 Dalmatians, Winnie the Pooh, The Lion King, Wall-E...

They could build excellent new rides with those movies..

Ariel is swimming to DLRP soon...

jeakat24

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Japper"Well, why build multiple toy story rides/themed areas when some other important movies don't have a ride? Like the little mermaid, beauty and the beast (!!!!), 101 Dalmatians, Winnie the Pooh, The Lion King, Wall-E...

They could build excellent new rides with those movies..

Ariel is swimming to DLRP soon...

Really?? I loved the original idea for the mermaid ride, it's my favourite film. I would love it if they made an Ariel themed ride, even they didn't go with the original concept  :lol:  :D  :D/
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Willow

Quote from: "Kristof"Ariel is swimming to DLRP soon...

Can.
Of.
Worms.  :wink:

_____

Been thinking about the Half pipe coaster/Disk-O/Rockin' Tug/Whatever.
DLRP and Disney in general have a good relationship with Vekoma. Could they be thinking about using the Vekoma version of the Half Pipe? Never been built anywhere else in the world and instead of a launch it uses a chain system.

Link

Riebi

This laughing place article speaks of up to 5 attractions. I just believe at the tree mentioned before but what could other attractions for this area be?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

anthony2k6

so, surely at some point in the future Toy Story Land will get Toy Story Mania right? it seems to have been a massive success in the american parks.

RnRCj

Quote from: "anthony2k6"so, surely at some point in the future Toy Story Land will get Toy Story Mania right? it seems to have been a massive success in the american parks.

I really hope not. Even more Toy Story is baaaaad. :sick:

Hathaway Browne

^Why? If its placed in Toystoryland then there's no problem. Mania is a proven hit that would do WDS the world of good.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Anthony

I don't think there are any solid plans or proposals to add Toy Story Midway Mania to Toon Studio. As far as we know, the current proposal is a Toy Story mini-land of several (likely three) small flat rides with a large-scale Ratatouille dark ride "anchoring" the land a few years later. Not TSMM.

Yesitsme

Quote from: "anthony2k6"so, surely at some point in the future Toy Story Land will get Toy Story Mania right? it seems to have been a massive success in the american parks.
Has it really been a massive success??? I have read that the DCA version hasn't had much of an impact on the park attendance.

Am I the only one who finds the whole TSM concept really boring? It's like going to a theme park and playing arcade games all day, at least Buzz Lightyear is an actual dark ride with a story. I would much rather see the technology used for something more interesting like the Monsters Inc ride being built in Tokyo.

I can't wait for the Ratatouille ride, the more I hear about it the more I think it is going to be something truly special. I just hope that by then they have turned the area into 'Pixar Place' and come up with a more cohesive theme.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Yesitsme"Am I the only one who finds the whole TSM concept really boring? It's like going to a theme park and playing arcade games all day, at least Buzz Lightyear is an actual dark ride with a story. I would much rather see the technology used for something more interesting like the Monsters Inc ride being built in Tokyo.

I agree. TSM doesn't really appeal to me. I like a dark ride where I can get lost and feel like I've been transported into another place, with surprises around every corner. TSM just has a really basic layout and it seems very repetitive.

We've only just got Buzz Lightyear anyway. We don't need another Toy Story themed interactive dark ride.

Nala_84

I just wanted to say that I rode such a skateboard-ride-type last Friday, but in a much smoother/softer way than the example in the video I guess ;)!

When I looked at the video-example on the first page, I thought: THIS thing in a more child-themed land? I'd never go on it!!!

But the wheelride I rode in the Movie Park Germany last week was so amazing, my heart was beating so fast while queueing, when this fast thing rushed for- and backwards next to us, with the people on it screaming :mrgreen: It was already dark, and because of the fact that "our" wheel was pretty big and the ride was more like a wave than a "U", the spinning wasn't bad at all!

Here's a video of it, but it becomes much faster when it's over the little hill in the middle:

http://www.movieparkgermany.de/home/hom ... fault.aspx

I really hope that WDS will, if this attraction's not only a rumour, prefer the Movie Park type of ride instead of such a big "U" ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

smurfy74

are you refering to the crazy surfer nala???

Nala_84

Yes I am.... sorry, the link worked before, but now it doesn't :shock: But yeah, I meant the Crazy Surfer :mrgreen:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Remco K.

DaltonTerror posted a picture on the Themepark.nl forum which shows certain marks in the Studio Tram Tour. Can these be marks for construction?

Kristof

Remco, I merged your topic with the Toy Story Land topic since they are related.

I also want to add this...

A permit to cut 3.9900 ha of the forest...

The permit is posted on the construction announcement board across the police building.