Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "Anthony"Strange to see all three small rides featured, but I suppose WDS had such a lack of "icons" to start with they're still clutching at straws. Hopefully when it grows a bit further it'll be refined down a bit (drop Slinky, Flying Carpets, perhaps).

Maybe after 2010 they will not be as heavily featured, purely as they would no longer be new attractions.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Willow"
Quote from: "Anthony"Strange to see all three small rides featured, but I suppose WDS had such a lack of "icons" to start with they're still clutching at straws. Hopefully when it grows a bit further it'll be refined down a bit (drop Slinky, Flying Carpets, perhaps).

Maybe after 2010 they will not be as heavily featured, purely as they would no longer be new attractions.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they'd have a tight squeeze trying to fit all three attractions on there when Ratatouille opens :wink:

CafeFantasia

Don't you mean if Ratatouille opens? It's still just a rumour at the moment, isn't it? Disney haven't announced anything and construction hasn't started.

I remember how, back in 2002, people were saying the Tower of Terror would open in 2-3 years!

-breeno-

I don't know why some people are critising this so much.  It's just for the small park map.  It's kind of suppose to look cramp and stuff, the real thing to look out is when they release the proper WDS map, will be interesting viewing (and reading here).

Anyway i think it looks good, with the expection of the backwards facing Buzz.  I'm surprised they put all 3 attractions in, but i'm guessing after these are seen as new attractions one or two will be removed.  Nice to see the bucket exit makes an appearance just beside Slinky.

And i agree with Anthony, the Tram Tour looks hilarious :lol:

Alan - if my memory serves me correct ToT was originally planned to be opened in 2004/2005 but due to problems over in California our tower plans were shipped over to America.  Also i'm pretty sure Ratatouille will happen, which reminds me has TSP even been officially confirmed yet by Euro Disney SCA? :?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

pussinboots

I can't get past the half-pipe thing. It's Paris' first truly uncamouflaged carnival crap ride. It's our Mulholland Madness, our Primeval Whirl. And now it sits prominently on the map alongside the Tower of Terror. Blegh.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "pussinboots"I can't get past the half-pipe thing. It's Paris' first truly uncamouflaged carnival crap ride. It's our Mulholland Madness, our Primeval Whirl. And now it sits prominently on the map alongside the Tower of Terror. Blegh.

Agreed, but worse as you will be able to see it from much further away.
since 2001 (many before that)

svenneke1

I think the map looks quite good. I'm not going to critizise the attractions before they are built. Drawings always look different than the real stuff [-o<

But, does anyone know how high the parachute tower is going to be?

-breeno-

From what i know the parachute is the same outer shell as Jumpin' Jellyfish (or at least i heard) which is 60 feet (18.2m) tall.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

svenneke1

Quote from: "-breeno-"From what i know the parachute is the same outer shell as Jumpin' Jellyfish (or at least i heard) which is 60 feet (18.2m) tall.

If it is going to be 18,2 m... It is very small :shock:

mehdi5

I hope they cover the area up good on the side of the Hollywood Boulevard, perhaps a facade like the one that covers the Honey I Shrunk The Kids zone in DHS, the current one doesn't really cover it up much from certain angles if you ask me.

andrewuk

Maybe the half pipe will be sunk into the ground so that it doesn't end up being so high?
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Soap

Thanks to Alain and his great blog:
//http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/10/wds-toy-story-playland-update.html

The new stuff looks somewhat better and more proffie, still we will have to wait and see if this isn't going to be a blast or a total disaster...
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

davewasbaloo

:roll:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
since 2001 (many before that)

RnRCj

A bit over-sized isn't it? The parachute thing is about as big as ToT.

I hope this all gets torn down in a few years to make way for something that isn't crap.

WDS was doing well until very recently. :cry: