Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Quote from: "Reiana"Many years ago we had this kind of ride at the Oktoberfest, too.
I remember it being quiet funny.

It's there this year, too. I took pictures of it today. After that, I went into a beer tent (Schottenhammel, to be precise)... and then my memory gets a bit blurry  :wink:

Reiana

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Is it really there this year. Haven't seen it on monday.
I only remember the good old Music Express.

I think I have to take another look. :lol:

Anthony

Oh, I actually had no idea Slinky Dog would do that. It does look a bit scary for what should be the land's most child-friendly ride, but I suppose it's unlikely the TSPL version will go so fast. Theme-wise it's going to be a very clever way to represent Slinky's spring, so nice choice WDI!

Just to add to the orange track thing - this may well have been an issue with clearing it with Mattel/Hot Wheels. Hot Wheels now have to be credited whenever a specifically orange track is used in publicity for next year.

Infact, the main TSPL visual has been updated with orange track and very minor changes, but the awful PLAYLAND letters remain! Gah!!

RnRCj

From Disneytheque, the first art of our Toy Story Playland on the official resort map:

Yuck. Toon Studio looks like funfair-land. I forgot about the huge Buzz looming over the entrance. :sick:

peep

Looks really oddly placed in that image, probably the angle of the map. I also forgot about that giant Buzz...Do not want.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

CafeFantasia

On the concept art for Toy Story Land at Hong Kong Disneyland, a massive Woody is shown at the entrance. I wonder why they decided to use Buzz Lightyear at Walt Disney Studios instead? Seems like a strange decision considering Buzz Lightyear already has his own attraction in Disneyland Park.

QTXAdsy

You have to be kidding me on. Is that art the best DLP do?

Here Come The Belgians!

Gareth

i think it looks very at home if that makes sence and it looks like it the map for walt disney studios and overall looking great if you ask me :D  :D/

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

ford prefect

Not keen on the giant Buzz, however the rest looks fun.  Will wait until the first pics before giving a more balanced opinion.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

luke85

The problem with the resort maps is that everything on them is so distorted, so it's hard to judge exactly how TSPL will look based on this alone.

The Butlin Boy

Why have they gone as far as to actually redesign the Tower of Terror so that everything is facing towards the reader, and then they put Buzz facing away? :roll:  :P

I don't mind the visual, it doesn't put me off of the concept, but the style of the design means that it can't go into full detail. Although it doesn't make me feel any better about the Buzz though (I don't like how the map has him standing on toy bricks so that you can walk through/under his legs), they should have stuck with the original rumour/idea of a generic robot, something like the below picture, slanted (as if partially buried) was my initial thoughts on the concept:

Failing that, even Woody as seen in the Hong Kong concept art would probably have worked better (mainly because Buzz already has a main attraction in the Disneyland park) :)

Willow

All the attractions are distorted on the park maps, and not an accurate representation of the actual attractions. Its pointless analysing the image, shows nothing new and nothing that we didn't know already.

Anthony

Here's a version without a giant logo over the top:

Haha, look at the ridiculous Studio Tram Tour route!

Quote from: "Willow"All the attractions are distorted on the park maps, and not an accurate representation of the actual attractions.
Yes, this map in particular definitely isn't meant to be accurate, just give a rough idea of what's at each park.

Strange to see all three small rides featured, but I suppose WDS had such a lack of "icons" to start with they're still clutching at straws. Hopefully when it grows a bit further it'll be refined down a bit (drop Slinky, Flying Carpets, perhaps).

Disneydavid

Its looking great!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

davewasbaloo

:roll:  :x  :evil:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
since 2001 (many before that)