Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteComparing the construction of "fairground" attractions to "major" attractions like ToT or Space Mountain what sort of build time are we expecting for this project?

I'll have a look at the construction timeline of Cars, which is basically similar.  Again, worth pointing out is that these are all heavily customised attractions, it's not like they're build up over night like at a local fair.  The area will also see lots of theming elements and lots & lots of greenery, so that will take some time as well.

QuoteWell the rumoured opening is June 2010

The expected opening date is August 2010, but DLP management is pushing/hoping to get it open earlier.

Anthony

I spotted these in Adventureland... think they could be used for TSPL's "grass" surroundings?

They're at the bottom of the steps to the suspension bridge, near the floating bridge.

Now seriously, the park was HEAVING this week - Crush on 120mins, Cars on 40 mins (and only using one set of cars?!), RNRC on 40mins and the queue for Tower stretching through the WHOLE line and out to where High School Musical is performed on Place des Stars. It just wasn't very enjoyable. Roll on 2010 (and 2012, hopefully).

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Anthony"Now seriously, the park was HEAVING this week - Crush on 120mins, Cars on 40 mins (and only using one set of cars?!), RNRC on 40mins and the queue for Tower stretching through the WHOLE line and out to where High School Musical is performed on Place des Stars. It just wasn't very enjoyable. Roll on 2010 (and 2012, hopefully).

That sounds pretty normal for when the schools are out. I suspect TSPL will make it worse because of low capacity. WE were at Legoland last week where we waited an average of an hour per attraction, and at Thorpe Park Yesterday, the spinners were at 30 minutes and coasters at 60-90. I expect it to be a crowd nightmare when these stupid rides open.

PM, PotC and IASW have shorter lines for a reason and it has nothing to do with popularity issues. In Walt's day, they knew capacity mattered (and so did theming).

Let's put the Walt back in Disney.
since 2001 (many before that)

Gareth

i cant wait to see this in all its glory i love toy story and anything new a dlp is fine by me :D i think that the greeness of the outside backyard will also add more colours to a already courfull part of the park :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"Just put this up on WDSfans.com:

Quote from: "WDSfans"Toy Story Playland decorated fences soon.
Posted by Kristof on Friday, June 19 2009

Grandmath reports on Disney Central Plaza that decorations will soon be placed on the blue construction fences currently circling the Toy Story Playland.

He says they will be in the same vain as the decorations during the Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Toon Studio constructions.

These would be the first real public confirmations of the project.

To be continued...

Source: Disney Central Plaza and http://www.wdsfans.com

How soon exactly??? :roll:  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Let's put the Walt back in Disney.
There I was thinking we might be able to go for at least a page without that. No chance!

davewasbaloo

That's what campaigning is all about!

-breeno-

As is this place. :wink:  :mrgreen:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

davewasbaloo

Indeed as many channels as possible

lil-shawn

a new pic of the costruction site of TSPL...
pic is from DCP....

//http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/708/photo571.jpg

davewasbaloo

Just think what all that land could have held  :(

peep

Quote from: "lil-shawn"a new pic of the costruction site of TSPL...
pic is from DCP....

//http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/708/photo571.jpg

Looks like there is plenty of construction going on. I'm more intrigued than anything else about this addition to the Studios. I'm still not happy about it (think there is too much Toy Story at DLP) but I think it will be a great addition for kids which is what the Studio needs I suppose.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

CafeFantasia

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. The Walt Disney Studios fantasy that many of us dream about already exists, it's just not in France. Save up and go to either Disney's Hollywood Studios or Universal Studios in Florida. Both of these parks feature beautiful, immersive, richly themed environments, and huge World-class attractions. And the best part is, they're already built; they're in the present, not in the distant future.

The Walt Disney Studios park may never be in the same league as Disney's Hollywood Studios or Universal Studios. Of course, it would be great if it was, but Disney don't seem to be taking that direction. Toy Story Playland is taking up a huge chunk of land and reduces the possibilities of Hollywood and New York environments being built in the future.

The more they build what we don't want, the less likely it is the park will turn into what we DO want.

RnRCj

After strolling around WDS last week, and I can say that I'm still 100% against this project. This was totally the sort of thing I didn't feel like doing whilst I was there.

WDS already has it's carnival rides - the Flying Carpets and Cars. No need for more.

davewasbaloo

Yep, just when you think WDSP is on the right track with things like ToT, Stitch Live and Playhouse Disney Live, they go and throw in a bunch of junk that make it seem worse than Adventureland in Southend or Flamingoland.