Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QTXAdsy

Actrully, do you all think this topic should be counted as a rumor now that construction has started?

Here Come The Belgians!

Anthony

We usually leave the "Rumour" tag until it's been officially confirmed.

An even funnier line than the one above:

QuoteWe are closely managing our costs and have curtailed certain capital spending in this current environment. However, in line with our long-term growth strategy we continue to invest in the resort and are developing new attractions to open next year.
Sounds like rather a begrudging investment... you can tell these managers would prefer to slap some more crap on the castle and call it a theme year.

littlemermaid83

:shock:  :shock: That concept art looks awful, looks like a 3yo drew it.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

charlied

What about if this is just a short term project to get lots more money then once they've got all the money they need the WDS team will go all DCA and completely redo everything.  [-o<  Well that's a nice idea but you can tell that they're really strapped for cash at the moment because otherwise they could of included Midway Mania in the plans.

disneyfreak90

WOW that would be great!!! :mrgreen:

Adam

Quote from: "charlied"What about if this is just a short term project to get lots more money then once they've got all the money they need the WDS team will go all DCA and completely redo everything.  [-o<  Well that's a nice idea but you can tell that they're really strapped for cash at the moment because otherwise they could of included Midway Mania in the plans.

I don't think Disney are strapped for cash, but managing their costs. They can't build a huge new ride every year, due to time, costs and effort, so another TOT-type ride can be built every year. I think TSPL is well timed and will include some good new rides. Also, an important point to consider is that these new rides will be much more child friendly than some, evening the park out for adults and children, and will no doubt bring more younger guests over to the Studios, along with Playhouse Disney, Stitch and Cars.

Tie-in opportunities are going to be huge and if they do it right, these new rides could be the most publicised rides ever at DLP.

Willow

I honestly think that its going to be a very popular area for a lot of people, maybe not the Disney purists but for more casual visitors.

It could work very well if marketed correctly, and for a much smaller budget than a TOT or a Ratatouille.

Reiana

Wow, look like a huge area. :shock:

Willow

I do love it when large holes are dug during construction.

I should imagine we will see some more work starting in the next couple of months, maybe around October - November-ish.

-breeno-

I'm guessing that is the foundations being started yes?  Great photos by the way, hopefully we will be seeing some vertical work very soon.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

OMG HOLES!!!!!!

Hopefully those are designed for all the rides to collapse into shortly after opening, falling down into a bottomless pit full of roaring flames! :twisted:

In all seriousness, I wonder what the big hole right in the middle is for? Going by the plan, it seems there will only be a pathway in that area and not a ride.

QTXAdsy

Hahaha! :lol:  
You just don't even like this area don't you, RnRCj. :P

Here Come The Belgians!

Magic M

Comparing the construction of "fairground" attractions to "major" attractions like ToT or Space Mountain what sort of build time are we expecting for this project?

Will be be completed by June? July? August?  Has Disney already set a deadine for this new land?

-breeno-

Quote from: "Magic M"Comparing the construction of "fairground" attractions to "major" attractions like ToT or Space Mountain what sort of build time are we expecting for this project?

Will be be completed by June? July? August?  Has Disney already set a deadine for this new land?

Well the rumoured opening is June 2010 so i'm guessing work would be complete about April/May with finishing touches being made just before the opening.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!