Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneydavid

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Agent Lex"But fine, if you want an undeniable comparison, Fantasyland. Just... Fantasyland.
Those are indeed themed carnival rides, but at least they don't stick up 25M in the air...

If i may say , this thing fits in the Studios. I looks like a big thrillride, so yeah , its welcome in there. They can theme it as : 'Carnival/Funfair in  Hollywood!' becouse this this will be one of the eyecatchers next to Tower of Terror and the earfulltower.

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "Kristof"And something else, this is an OLD plan.  The marketing and press teams all over Europe were shown a scale model of the land earlier this week.  It featured not two, but one Half Pipe coaster.  And everything will be surrounded by large trees, 12m high bamboo and large glass blades like at the HISTA set at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Any pictures of this model?

RnRCj

The problem is that Toon Studio (and the whole park) is so undeveloped and they're already throwing in a load of carni rides. Fantasyland has restaurants, shops, e-tickets, nice buildings, beautiful landscapes, places to explore... so the few carnival rides amongst all that don't look bad at all.

Toon Studio on the other hand just has attractions and one small stall. Where is the area development? Disney should be improving the park. To do that they need to add restaurants, shops, and places to explore - because the Studios lacks those things! We've already got a couple of carni rides, why do we need more? :wink:

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Disneydavid"
Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Agent Lex"But fine, if you want an undeniable comparison, Fantasyland. Just... Fantasyland.
Those are indeed themed carnival rides, but at least they don't stick up 25M in the air...

If i may say , this thing fits in the Studios. I looks like a big thrillride, so yeah , its welcome in there. They can theme it as : 'Carnival/Funfair in  Hollywood!' becouse this this will be one of the eyecatchers next to Tower of Terror and the earfulltower.

Just the look of that picture terrifies me!! :shock:
Luv Aveen xoxo

lil-shawn

someone on DCP made this photo montage of toy story playland, it seems there is a lot of space for future expansion. also i was reading that next year they will maybe bring in a shop
in that area of the park, Kristof do you know more about it?

here is that pic...

Disneydavid

Yeah, well , i made a little trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aofyA7-9 ... annel_page
The videoshots are not mine , just the 'Coming soon to..Disneyland Paris' line. I think Toy Story Mania is a copy of Buzz Lightyear but its welcome in there :)!

If you like the video , you can download it on the links in my signing on iTunes or MP4 :)

[/

This is a good way to see how it fits. If this is really how it will be on the right place ...
But on that poster are 2 skateboards (i see them like surfingboards  or something) and not 1!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Willow

When the plans are over-layed there are a few places where theming can be placed.

Queues are certainly going to be an issue. There are a lot of low-capacity rides on that side of the park.

pussinboots

Quote from: "RnRCj"The problem is that Toon Studio (and the whole park) is so undeveloped and they're already throwing in a load of carni rides. Fantasyland has restaurants, shops, e-tickets, nice buildings, beautiful landscapes, places to explore... so the few carnival rides amongst all that don't look bad at all.

Toon Studio on the other hand just has attractions and one small stall. Where is the area development? Disney should be improving the park. To do that they need to add restaurants, shops, and places to explore - because the Studios lacks those things! We've already got a couple of carni rides, why do we need more? :wink:

Exactly. Fantasyland is an enormous expanse of painstakingly laid-out fairy tale themeing in which the few carnival rides simply complement everything else that's there. Oh and there are restaurants and shops and water features and a labyrinth and a steam train...

Now if one were to take Dumbo, the Carousel and the Tea Cups and put them in that little undeveloped area behind Pizzeria Bella Notte, along with only the most basic of themed surroundings, then we would have something to compare Toy Story Playland to. Or basically any of those neo-Fantasylands Disney built in the past decade. I know this has been beaten to death, but it's true.

Area development... That's the magic word, isn't it. Well, technically two words.

Also, I'm wondering where they would put Midway Mania, inevitably the big new ride for the 20th? Because by the looks of it, there might not be enough space in Toy Story Playland. (Unless they do some serious rearranging.) Which is even more worrying.

lil-shawn

I think if they would demolish the whole costuming building and take this little forest between the two streets from the tram tour, you will have a big area where they culd build toy story mania/ ratatouille, restaurants, shops and a great landscape and more buildings.
i mean this space is huge, you could put in there peter pan, snowh white, pinocchio, dumbo, the carousell, its barely half of fantasyland, maybe a lil bit less but i think you understand what i try to say!!

pussinboots

Quote from: "lil-shawn"I think if they would demolish the whole costuming building and take this little forest between the two streets from the tram tour, you will have a big area where they culd build toy story mania/ ratatouille, restaurants, shops and a great landscape and more buildings.
i mean this space is huge, you could put in there peter pan, snowh white, pinocchio, dumbo, the carousell, its barely half of fantasyland, maybe a lil bit less but i think you understand what i try to say!!

Are there plans to demolish the costuming building?

RnRCj

On Disney Central Plaza they're saying that part of it could be replaced by a shop (possibly that of Ratatouille) in the future. I haven't heard anything about it going altogether though.

lil-shawn

QuoteAre there plans to demolish the costuming building?

no i don´t think so, but it would be better, so they get a lot of new land to put in 2-3 dark rides, shops and restaurants, also a nice landscaping.

QuoteOn Disney Central Plaza they're saying that part of it could be replaced by a shop (possibly that of Ratatouille) in the future. I haven't heard anything about it going altogether though.

i was reading the same, it would be cool to get a new shop in this area, but hope this time there are not all the same merchandise like in every other shop...

pussinboots

Well, who even cares about merchandise at this point... Just a real shop would make so much difference. Or a counter service restaurant... Something to do besides standing in line for a spinning ride.

Disneydavid

Quote from: "pussinboots"Well, who even cares about merchandise at this point... Just a real shop would make so much difference. Or a counter service restaurant... Something to do besides standing in line for a spinning ride.
Great idea , but more important : FastPast!
I dont know but those Skateboard-attractions can be very populair als Fastpast runaway.

For excample : I go to Tower of Terror, I get a fastpast , and then in the meanwhile I go do this quick rides. I see this rides as a perfect 'what to do in the time that we need to wait for a fastpast time'  ride.

I found this pictures not so long ago :

For iTunes ] and MP3!

Anthony

Guessing the building behind the halfpipe(s) is some kind of CM or services area, but what could the building next to the parachute drop entrance be? I can't see any way of getting to it.

I've also been wondering, for a while... Should we be pissed off that Euro Disney SCA (or whoever will be funding this) isn't providing more money, for a more developed expansion? Or, should we just be glad to get something? I mean, can we forgive this €2bn-in-debt company for not building any restaurants, shops or even TOILETS here, or are they really infact fobbing the park off with less than they could achieve?

Side note: Toilets... I saw a poor parent get pretty stressed in the Crush queue that the nearest toilets were the other side of Studio 1 or behind Art of Disney... imagine walking back from that kids play area in the plan to the nearest place. (Not that it'll matter, because there's nowhere to buy food, of course..)