Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Well TTT, you're not going to change Disney Theme park plans past, present or future posting on this forum. So I don't know what point you're making now. Write to Disney HQ in America and tell them you don't like it. I like WDS.
Ed & David

carrydee38

i have to say I think that it will be a great addition to WDS which was lacking a lot of interest...but then you know the expression you can please some of the people some of the time but never all the people all of the time...i think its going to be like marmite you either love it or hate it...so lets all just enjoy the new additions and thank god or who ever that they are still financially in the position to add new attractions

DisneyBart

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Do you think it looks like Andy´s garden?

If you use your immagination everything is possible :-)
No?

pussinboots

The first videos:
[youtube:1z9vdzgt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purr_WK4Awc&feature=channel[/youtube:1z9vdzgt]
[youtube:1z9vdzgt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36vTsva4Cd0[/youtube:1z9vdzgt]
[youtube:1z9vdzgt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPacNZHU17U[/youtube:1z9vdzgt]
More here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crumser#p/a/u/0/purr_WK4Awc

DopeyDad

Love it! :D
Hate it! :evil:
Carnival! :x
Trees! :(
Colour! :P
Greenery! =D>
Theming! :?
DisneySEA! :roll:
Family fun! :D/
Intrusion! :(

(just thought I'd save us all the bother of the next few days worth of TSPL Tennis)  :-"

tubbsy

Quote from: "DopeyDad"Love it! :D
Greenery! =D>

(just thought I'd save us all the bother of the next few days worth of TSPL Tennis)  :-"

Dopey Dad! [-X  :lol:  :lol: :P

Sorry, gonna get shot down for this, but I think I'm going for DopeDads option one-Love it! :D and option 9 Family fun!  :D/  (yes even with the RC height restriction-the area is still fun) It looks fab!
Love it all lit up-problem is is WDS open long enough to have the lights on cos the effect is great.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Festival Disney

wow those vids are great!
First impressions: It's better than I thought it would be! I like the way Rex talks and all the lights look great.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

RockNRoller

Quote from: "tubbsy"
Quote from: "DopeyDad"Love it! :D
Greenery! =D>

Dopey Dad! [-X  :lol:  :lol: :P

Sorry, gonna get shot down for this, but I think I'm going for DopeDads option one-Love it! :D and option 9 Family fun!  :D/  (yes even with the RC height restriction-the area is still fun) It looks fab!
Love it all lit up-problem is is WDS open long enough to have the lights on cos the effect is great.

Agreed Tubbsy but Id like to add 5 and 6, loving the colours and Im with you on the lights. Going at Christmas when its darker earlier so I should see a lot of that.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"The worst thing is the still the trees. It is not supposed to be a bonzai garden.

So the trees are meant to be chopped down, making the Studio a great big block of concrete with no trees and greenery... Even better... The Imagineers could use their magic wands and make the trees grow to Massive proportions!  ](*,)

We get it TTT you HATE TSPL, we all get it, nothing that can be said will make you like it. Let other people have their opinions. If you dont like it then steer clear of it, ignore it and stop beating people down for liking it. I am reserving judgement until I see it for myself. Perhaps you should do the same and stop posting in every thread that you can sneak it in that you hate this land.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Gareth

i LOVED the idea too start out then when i started seeing pictures i got a little worried but after seeing videos i completely love it again the lights i think are awesomee and even thou parachute jump is a simple ride i think it looks like a lot of fun so overall thats what im going to disney for is fun and even if toy story playland does not fit into the studios all that well its still going to provide fun so im happy with it  :D/

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

ed-uk

I love it. It looks great in the videos. And since TSPl is based on a Disney Studios movie franchise, I think it works in WDS park. In my opinion.
Ed & David

guest3474

Here's another video courtesy of Crumser, this time a close-up of RC Racer in action and it's external station.  :thumbs:

[youtube:3cpy87yp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tcvkcOdy4[/youtube:3cpy87yp]

PetiteSirene

Just gonna give my 2 cents on TSPL, with the aid of some words from Walt Disney himself.

QuoteWe are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public.

We as hard core fans are not the general public. We see things in a different light to the general public, the general public are themselves easier to please. Yes there are things that bring hard core fans to hate this land, but will it make the public excited? Of course it will. If I ask my nephew who his favourite Disney character is he says Buzz, Toy Story is a publically popular film and so yes the general public will love it.

QuoteWe believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.

The WDS as a whole was lacking in one thing, childrens rides. The day we spent in the studios as a family was rather disjointed... Whilst my brother and husband went on ToT and RnR what did we get to do with the little one? Queue 40 minutes for either Cars or Magic Carpet, which to be fair, MC is a clone of Dumbo and Cars is similiar to the tea cups. TSPL adds an area of the park where a family can have fun together. I see nothing wrong with this and I know for a fact many children will love this... After all wasnt Walt always looking forward to the future generations?

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

DopeyDad

@Petitesirene "We as hard core fans are not the general public. We see things in a different light to the general public, the general public are themselves easier to please. Yes there are things that bring hard core fans to hate this land, but will it make the public excited?"

yup, I think its the Star Wars factor at work. Anyone who grew up with Star Wars (not episode 4-6, just Star Wars!) will probably find the prequels difficult (see Black Books for the best gags about this and Jar Jar). But we run the risk of being the 'comic book guy' if you'll pardon the mixed analogies, stuck in what we believe to be somehow 'right'.
Whenever something attains a dedicated following and then goes on to creates more, it still has to work as something to a new audience too, (I'm trying to think of something created just for the fans that worked and so far can only think of Firefly and Serenity)(geek mode off Kryton :oops: ).
I think Disney has this problem too, it's success creates hugely loyal fans who have formed their love of it on their own (past) experiences. If it changes tack for some reason (and we must at least accept that there may be possible, good reasons to do so) then it faces the fans wrath, and mighty that may be!
Now for me, I've learned to forgive Jar Jar and George Lucas, maybe in time some will find it in their hearts to forgive Disney for TSPL too.
Now, lets all picture that babbling brook....swaying trees... and the gentle sound of water......isn't that better!

DopeyDad

Quote from: "Whip"Here's another video courtesy of Crumser, this time a close-up of RC Racer in action and it's external station.  :thumbs:

[youtube:2ua0onlh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tcvkcOdy4[/youtube:2ua0onlh]

Did you notice the 'peeling' stickers by the Start entrance, that's a nice touch don't you think.