Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"
Quote from: "claire2281"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"The tree as someone said is ruening the entire view. It´s a giant tree but the coaster is almost just as big.

They may not be allowed to remove the tree. I know in the UK some are covered under conservation laws and can only be removed if they are dying and therefore dangerous.

QuoteI take it Buzz has to be MEGA popular in France since he is in both parks in such a profound way.

Buzz is pretty damn popular all over. Presumably you've heard of the massive shortage of Buzz Lightyear toys? According to John Lasseter on the Toy Story 2 commentary, stores ordered 60,000 at first and ran out amazingly quickly. At the time of that commentary over 9 million figures had been sold.

Oh come on... they should have thought about what could be removed and couldn´t BEFORE they designed the land. If they can´t remove that tree then they shouldn´t have built a thing close to it that is supposed to be a toy in a garden. The tree ruins the already vage illusion. I think they were too lazy and cheap to think about it.

Sooo... having Buzz Lightyear all over Disneyparks is a good idea? Perhaps they should put him on top of the castle aswell? Toy Story Resort Paris. The same goes for Hong Kong.

I think the word for what you're doing is conflation TTT, you ask if TTT is popular, people reply that it is and then you make exaggerated suggestions insinuating people think it would be a good idea to have buzz on the castle. I don't think anybody has suggested anything like that but what may be clear is that from a business perspective the Toy Story franchise makes good sense.

You make a good point about the trees, they've made a point on a few occasions in publicity material on the age of the trees. I wonder if they were even steered towards this kind of area because they couldn't be removed? Meaning they could build around them in a way that one large attraction and show building could not, who knows!

Donald-Duck-Malta

New pictures of Finished RC Racer Track and Rex,
Source:DLP.INFO

claire2281

I love that Rex is wringing his hands. :D
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "claire2281"I love that Rex is wringing his hands. :D

Same here!It looks really realistic! :D

Scissorsboi

As realistic as a plastic dinosaur can be! ;)

Rex does seem to be out of proportion with the Buzz though, in the movies he towers over Buzz, but in the park he seems to be smaller? The area looks like it's nice, nothing amazing, nothing terrible, just nice. It's very similar to Flik's Fun Fair, and the details are there which add to the environment.

It's a nice area that'll stay in the limelight until Ratatouille opens, and then they'll stop advertising it and it'll become just another area of the park, which will hopefully soak up the Ratatouille queues a little. It is nice to see a more 'secluded' area in the park though, where there's greenery and winding pathways instead of flat areas of pathing and boxy studio buildings.

It's not the worst thing to have gone into Studios, but it's not the best.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

danwills

Its seems that a large portion of yourselves fail to understand what this project is all about. There is a need for a new area to satisfy the needs of families in a quality environment, a need that could not be fulfilled by one attraction added to an existing land. From the photos added Toy Story Playland shows great build quality despite your personal preferences. In addition, please don't forget the current financial situation for both the company and the recent worldly events, they are not the same. Please take this into consideration. Your large attraction will come soon.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "danwills"Its seems that a large portion of yourselves fail to understand what this project is all about. There is a need for a new area to satisfy the needs of families in a quality environment, a need that could not be fulfilled by one attraction added to an existing land. From the photos added Toy Story Playland shows great build quality despite your personal preferences. In addition, please don't forget the current financial situation for both the company and the recent worldly events, they are not the same. Your large attraction will come soon.

Good Point danwills :D

Festival Disney

More pics, this time of the Barell of monkeys area!

There's gonna be some pics of the Ratatouille area tomorrow!!  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

From DCP's facebook...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "danwills"Its seems that a large portion of yourselves fail to understand what this project is all about. There is a need for a new area to satisfy the needs of families in a quality environment, a need that could not be fulfilled by one attraction added to an existing land. From the photos added Toy Story Playland shows great build quality despite your personal preferences. In addition, please don't forget the current financial situation for both the company and the recent worldly events, they are not the same. Please take this into consideration. Your large attraction will come soon.

I clearly understand what this area is for - I just think they should have chosen another theme. They could have made a family environment - for instance going along with the things they already did. You could do a fun attraction under the themes of casting, physical effects or perhaps just going behind the scenes at Toon Studio. Make a movie related playground themed to Toon Studio. It just seems like they made Toon Studio (which isn't finished) and then made a new theme for this area. If they had kept it that way that would have been a start.

Secondly, I actually do not see how this is really family related. Yes, the theme is very family friendly, but the attractions are not. Look at Parachute Drop and RC Racer - they have height restrictions (RC Racer being the same as RNRC). That is not very family friendly in my opinion. The capacity is another problem in this area - smaller kids could be a problem in queues like Crush and I can see that coming to RC Racer too.

With that being said it seems to be good quality within the theme. The theme just doesn't allow them to make as creative and abnormally high quality that we know and love WDI for.

Regarding the comment I have highlighted this suggests that you do not find this top quality either, why excuse it with financial problems. Wouldn't have been better to wait with an attraction addition to when the money is there for a proper addition with high capacity and high quality themening and in the mean time use just some of the money spend on TSPL on refurbishing some of the current magic that is falling apart?
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Tuvok

I realy like this one with the Tower in the background and green all around:

DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Festival Disney"More pics, this time of the Barell of monkeys area!

There's gonna be some pics of the Ratatouille area tomorrow!!  :lol:

I'm sorry to double post but the interior of the barrel is ruining the theme isn't it? I've searched for this type of barrel and it is app. 10 cm tall. Surely that would not be enough for Andy to build such a complex thing using the toys that in the land almost is as tall as Buzz.

I was thinking that they made good quality within the mediocre theme, but this is not good quality. WDI use to be so thought trough and within the story all the way through. I'm sorry to say, but this isn't :(

Looking forward to the Rat pictures though :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

15MagicalYears

The inside of the barrel looks like it could almost be a mini boutique?

Festival Disney

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"The inside of the barrel looks like it could almost be a mini boutique?
It will be, but unfortunatley no much needed toilets  :evil:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

RockNRoller

Im liking these new photo's, lots of colour and impact. I had a barrel of monkeys as a kid and would play for hours with them, cant wait to take my own photo's. One shot shows two barrels, one being the boutique and the other the opposite end of the tunnel in the Ratatoille (sorry cant spell) thread I guess.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"