Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetiteSirene

The fact that they have done the backdrop shows that it is on their agenda. There are refurbs going on all over the parks at the moments. I know a lot of things have been refurbed since my last visit and I am really looking forward to seeing the changes. As I've said, we have no idea what the wider picture is when it comes to their plans. They very well may suprise us.

I always like being optimistic, theres no point sitting here and complaining when they very well may be planning what we are moaning about this very second! I am looking forward to seeing TSPL, the studios has always felt very disjointed but the new addition does look immersive. It looks like an area that has a story, like the ToT and surely that cant be a bad thing, plus who knows what the next few years will bring when the 'rumoured' ratatouille ride is built xD

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

tubbsy

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"I always like being optimistic, theres no point sitting here and complaining when they very well may be planning what we are moaning about this very second! I am looking forward to seeing TSPL, the studios has always felt very disjointed but the new addition does look immersive. It looks like an area that has a story, like the ToT and surely that cant be a bad thing, plus who knows what the next few years will bring when the 'rumoured' ratatouille ride is built xD
=D>  =D>  Very well said PetiteSirene
I cant help but feel the harsh winter we all unexpectedly had has pushed maintenance like NPBs Lighthouse and Hooks ship quicker up the list than they expected. I am looking forward to seeing it all and hopefully returning soon to see the continueing improvements whether that be maintenance, entertainment or rides.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

tubbsy

Quote from: "tubbsy"
Quote from: "PetiteSirene"I always like being optimistic, theres no point sitting here and complaining when they very well may be planning what we are moaning about this very second! I am looking forward to seeing TSPL, the studios has always felt very disjointed but the new addition does look immersive. It looks like an area that has a story, like the ToT and surely that cant be a bad thing, plus who knows what the next few years will bring when the 'rumoured' ratatouille ride is built xD
 I am looking forward to seeing it all and hopefully returning soon to see the continueing improvements whether that be maintenance, entertainment or rides.
 And Walt would have loved what you said

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

I am looking forward to seeing it all and hopefully returning soon to see the continueing improvements whether that be maintenance, entertainment or rides.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"The fact that they have done the backdrop shows that it is on their agenda. There are refurbs going on all over the parks at the moments. I know a lot of things have been refurbed since my last visit and I am really looking forward to seeing the changes. As I've said, we have no idea what the wider picture is when it comes to their plans. They very well may suprise us.

I always like being optimistic, theres no point sitting here and complaining when they very well may be planning what we are moaning about this very second! I am looking forward to seeing TSPL, the studios has always felt very disjointed but the new addition does look immersive. It looks like an area that has a story, like the ToT and surely that cant be a bad thing, plus who knows what the next few years will bring when the 'rumoured' ratatouille ride is built xD

Of course they are planning forward - I do not expect anything else :) And I only showed the photo of the boulevard building to show it hadn't been refurbed yet, so if they have announced this as finished they haven't done it - that's all..

I am very optimistic, but I also like to say my view on things. And my view on TSPL isn't all positive, just as it isn't all negative. I don't think you can compare TOT to TSPL and I do not think WDI want you to either. It is different experiences. I do not think TSPL will have as immersive a story as TOT, but I hope to be proofed wrong.

You make it sound like I am just complaining to complain. Please, do not think this - I am doing everything but this and his previously said what I mean about people that seem to be doing this. But I want to be able to say my opinion although it might be negative regarding something :mrgreen:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

PetiteSirene

I dont think your complaining for the sake of complaining Forza :) unlike some comments I've read yours are very constructive! I know TSPL cant be compared fully to ToT, but the point I am making is the area is themed to fit the attraction, unlike say *cough*Crush*cough* ;) No matter the faults a lot of thought and planning has gone into TSPL, we need to give it a chance *nods*

And thanks Tubbsy, :) I really cant understand people who are saying they wont go to DLP because this addition doesnt have the things they want...  :? sometimes we all need to look at the bigger picture.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

DopeyDad

Hi Forza, I know for myself and judging from the tone of others here, I don't think anyone is trying to get at you in any way. Just chit chat you know  :thumbs: you've made very sound points, like it.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"sometimes we all need to look at the bigger picture.

As if it was taken out of my own mouth. I am not a fan of TSPL, but I have already planned a trip again next summer with my friend. And I have convinced my mum and working on convincing my dad to go in december. No way one addition would make stay away - it has so many other places where I can find the magic, just as some will find it in TSPL.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

tubbsy

Quote from: "forza_united"
Quote from: "PetiteSirene"sometimes we all need to look at the bigger picture.

As if it was taken out of my own mouth. I am not a fan of TSPL, but I have already planned a trip again next summer with my friend. And I have convinced my mum and working on convincing my dad to go in december. No way one addition would make stay away - it has so many other places where I can find the magic, just as some will find it in TSPL.

Exactly, as I have said before we dont ride or in my sons case cant ride Indiana Jones or Space Mountain but it doesnt stop us enjoying the magic elsewhere in the parks

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Whip"Here's another video courtesy of Crumser, this time a close-up of RC Racer in action and it's external station.  :thumbs:

[youtube:1wl78qvp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tcvkcOdy4[/youtube:1wl78qvp]

5 minute wait... looks like the new rides are pulling the crowds. Let´s compare this to the new ride in Tokyo Disneyland that has atleast a 2 hour wait. The better the ride the longer the wait. Not always but most often. 5 minutes sais it all.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "DopeyDad"Love it! :D
Hate it! :evil:
Carnival! :x
Trees! :(
Colour! :P
Greenery! =D>
Theming! :?
DisneySEA! :roll:
Family fun! :D/
Intrusion! :(

(just thought I'd save us all the bother of the next few days worth of TSPL Tennis)  :-"

Have you ever been to any other Disneyparks?

JelleP

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"5 minute wait... looks like the new rides are pulling the crowds. Let´s compare this to the new ride in Tokyo Disneyland that has atleast a 2 hour wait. The better the ride the longer the wait. Not always but most often. 5 minutes sais it all.
Are you joking or is this a serious comment... :|
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Scissorsboi

Firstly your post about the queue time for RC Racer, you don't know the reason it's 5 minutes - the video shows its night, so potentially it's as the park is just closing and guests are leaving, secondly the area is in soft opening mode so there isn't an official launch for it. When I was at WDW last year Space Mountain re-opened after it's lengthy down time for soft opening and it was walk on for the entire day, their big 'new' ride Toy Story Mania had a 10 minute wait. From that one 17 second long video you can't say the whole area isn't popular - you're just looking for negatives for the sake of it now.

Secondly, it shouldn't matter if someone has or hasnt been to other Disney parks, if Paris is their 'home' park then they have every right to get excited about new attractions there, if they are excited by it then clearly the new area is working - and attracting people. Yes it may not fit your view of what a Disney attraction should be, but if people like it it's not your job to shoot them down. Shoot the area down, but stop constantly telling people they're wrong because you're lucky enough to have visited more parks.

This forum was a really nice place, but now TSPL has been installed I dread coming here for construction updates because there will always be a post where someone is telling someone else they're wrong for liking something the other doesn't like.

You seem to constantly forget that Disney Imagineering created this, it's something they obviously thought was of an acceptable quality - so much so that it's going into 2 parks - so have faith that the creative teachings which brought you ToT, Space Mountain and Big Thunder in Paris, and (as you will no doubt mention it at some point) DisneySEA, know what they're doing with this.

Worst comes to the worst, just don't visit it.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Tuvok

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"
Quote from: "Whip"Here's another video courtesy of Crumser, this time a close-up of RC Racer in action and it's external station.  :thumbs:

[youtube:1bjsm1ra]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tcvkcOdy4[/youtube:1bjsm1ra]

5 minute wait... looks like the new rides are pulling the crowds. Let´s compare this to the new ride in Tokyo Disneyland that has atleast a 2 hour wait. The better the ride the longer the wait. Not always but most often. 5 minutes sais it all.

It's a 'soft opening' for crying out lout. The resort isn't communicating these 'unofficial openings'. The new land isn't officialy open before august 17 and judging from the 'lights' it openend on the end of the day, when most people are already out of the park. Seriously, if you haven't anything constructive to add here, besides your constant whining about everything TSP related, please leave this topic alone. Maybe you can join a Tokyo Disney Resort forum?

For your information: The Imagineers have designed a 90-120 minute standby que for RC Racer, because they expect large crowds for this ride. Oh don't tell me: you've said 'MOST of the rides with longer waittimes are better', EXCEPT for RC Racer, right?  :roll:
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

Why are all people answering and commenting on TTT's posts? If you don't like what he is writting then just ignore it, like I do. All his recent posts are to make people feel bad. I'm also not a fan of TSPL, but at least I want to have a possibility to post my views, postive or negative, but I try not to insult anybody here.

And by the way TTT, we already know that you don't like it. Maybe you are happy to hear that there is a rumour that WDI will not design Shanghai Disneyland and so maybe the new park will be better than recent attractions and parks.