Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

im even more impressed with the bit outside the sudios and how quite it was while it was being filmed! must of been early in the morning
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

MagicKenny

The lower part of RC has been placed on track! :)

Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Disneydavid

thnx for all the nice comments! It was hard to do becouse I forgot a very important thing for my camera. Still i am happy i did it!   I will put the video online on iTunes on not one , but TWO podcast : DLP Video podcast and (a new one) Davids Movie Factory.

The next time update  will be on 22th of may!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

jwagner

the tsplayland looks better and better everyday. Really seems to become a real improvement for the studios.
Great job WDI =D>

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "MagicKenny"The lower part of RC has been placed on track! :)

Pure Disney magic. This is the stuff that makes a world wide brand of themeparks..........

SM:M3

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"

Pure Disney magic. This is the stuff that makes a world wide brand of themeparks..........

I take that to be sarcastic seen as you don't seem to like TSPL, but if Disney left the park to stagnate and not build something like TSPL and not have any significant investment in the park since ToT started construction then Disney would not be a worldwide themepark brand. The reaction on most of the American forums is why can't they have a land like this in one of their parks so it can't be that hated.

Seems an odd decision to be building it up there rather than in the station. It really is looking good.
Thanks for the video David!

Remco K.

As posted on Disney Central Plaza:

QTXAdsy

Mmm, the area doesn't look too big as what I first thought it would be like, but still, it's all coming together now.

Here Come The Belgians!

Willow

From that picture it looks like they could be doing a "pull-through". This is where they test that the track has been put together correctly and that there aren't any problems with the main structure.
They will only be using the basic chassis of the train, its pointless having all the theming attached (it would just get in the way)

The Space Mountain trains would have probably looked exactly the same at this point in the construction phase.

I love the shade of orange chosen.

MagicKenny

Quote from: "Willow"From that picture it looks like they could be doing a "pull-through". This is where they test that the track has been put together correctly and that there aren't any problems with the main structure.
They will only be using the basic chassis of the train, its pointless having all the theming attached (it would just get in the way)

The Space Mountain trains would have probably looked exactly the same at this point in the construction phase.

I love the shade of orange chosen.
Although they need to test everything again once all theming has been attached. The structure will be much and much heavier with everything on it. The coaster will react different to a complete and much heavier car then without the theming. Just as the technical failures. Tecnical failures will come and go when anything changes on the track. Even high wind speeds and rain can cause failures.
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

JelleP

It's all coming together now :D
I'm really looking forward to the official opening in August!
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Willow

They shouldn't need to have another test like this once the theming is inplace, its purely to check the track has been put together properly and that the wheels are the correct distance apart etc.
Usually they also have a "reach envelope" attached, to check if any guests arms can reach something they shouldnt be able to.

You can see the rope pulling the car up.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "SM:M3"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"

I take that to be sarcastic seen as you don't seem to like TSPL, but if Disney left the park to stagnate and not build something like TSPL and not have any significant investment in the park since ToT started construction then Disney would not be a worldwide themepark brand. The reaction on most of the American forums is why can't they have a land like this in one of their parks so it can't be that hated.

Seems an odd decision to be building it up there rather than in the station. It really is looking good.
Thanks for the video David!

In a few years they will have to do the same thing to WDS that they are doing now to DCA.  DCA was a big shame for Disney. Still that park had much more to offer than WDS ever had.
Toys will not do anything for WDS. It will make a few more persons go to the park. Disney knows how to make a dull ride look like the coolest thing ever. But in the long run these new rides are far from a new piretes, a new space mountain or even a new small world. It´s nothing more than a few swings with funny looking paint on them.
Disney is doing the best they can with the budget they have. What they should do is to look over at OLC in Japan. They know that spending alot of money in the right places will pay back bigtime. DisneySEA is a second gate park... still it beats all Disneylands and Universal studios in the world when it comes to that important thing in a themepark, the theme of the park.
If WDS is a good park. How comes it doesn´t make more people want to visit it. Disney has made some pretty strong tv and dvd ads for the place. If the toys is the thing this park needs WDS will have around 5 million visitors like HKDL and DCA. Let´s not forget that even 5 millions is low for a Disney park.
DLP is like a pair of perfect red lips and WDS is like herpes.

luke85

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"DLP is like a pair of perfect red lips and WDS is like herpes.

Nice.

DopeyDad

wow! ever more colourful metaphors. Although Herpes does grow on you, are you starting to like TSPL a bit more now?