Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James6

I must say I love the look of this area, 3 really unique rides for the park all which suit the theme's perfectly.

Also those half pipes I think look like great fun and I can only hope it's open for my visit (end of July)
Very excited for first trip to DLRP in over 10 years! Big Thunder here we come!

Martyn

Before people start slating RC's 'fake' track, just remember, Disney dont want it to look like a Coaster, they want it to look like a toy.

electricdreams

Is their no inside info on the exact month of the new land opening  as it is getting closer ??
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

jwagner

Here are some more pics I found on centralplaza :

I don't know if they will hide the track, too....but I really hope [-o<

TimmyTimmyTimmy

The new amazing toy coaster and the soldier antenna thing also works as a new element of the stunt show. Now that´s just a great new way to blend impressions!..
The toys slaughter everything that has anything to do with the looks of this park.
Thank you Walt Disney.

Riebi

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Riebi"An early opinion isn´t always a good friend.

Is that a German saying?

no I think a riebi one  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

guest3474

Why don't we just create a new Pixar-Park, and have done away with all these additions that are not even Movie-Studio related in the slightest? That'd leave us with our original Animation Courtyard. Add in Philharmagic and an Animated-feature Broadway-style Production, and Bob's your uncle.

These are eyesores, and break the whole illusion you are in a studio. WDI must have been drunkards when they thought this one up.

Kristof

Quoteand break the whole illusion you are in a studio

Not really a bad thing for me.  Enough with the soundstages. :-)

penfold12

I have to say, that shot from the stunt show is awful! At least the tower of terror is a building that sort of blends into the eyeline when it was erected. This just is terrible. I think it's more down to the theming again, but that shot/view would be more at home in six flags parks

QTXAdsy

Hopefully they'll do something to cover it up in time, E.G make the buildings larger or a huge backdrop added.

But that's just my guess. 8-[

Here Come The Belgians!

RockNRoller

2 Comments:
1) Can we safely assume those knocking TSPL will not be using it leaving shorter qeues for those of us looking forward to it.
2) Has anyone else noticed, its not finished.
Some of the best Disney rides are carnival rides with that Disney touch, give em a chance people
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

dagobert

That's such a bad view from the Stunt Show theatre. This ugly green tower ruins the whole view. I really don't know what they were thinking when they were planning TSPL.

penfold12

Quote from: "QTXAdsy"Hopefully they'll do something to cover it up in time, E.G make the buildings larger or a huge backdrop added.

But that's just my guess. 8-[
We can hope, but I would be amazed if they do.......

dlrpkris

Urgh, that stunt show view! Surely some simple retheming there could add another couple of levels to the 'appartment' and block the tower from view entirely though?
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Riebi"
Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Riebi"An early opinion isn´t always a good friend.

Is that a German saying?

no I think a riebi one  :mrgreen:

Well, it's good!

I don't understand why they went with a carny ride this big. I can understand why they went with this whole approach of dressing up a few cheapo rides in these desperate times, but this is one ride you can't muffle away as a mountain or a tree so that it blends in with the rest of the park. This is, quite clearly, a very large carny ride, and it's not an asset to the views anywhere in the resort. The same goes for the halfpipe, even though that at least is getting some passable themeing.