Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Sorry, but Disney has lost their way in Paris, California and Florida.

I was looking at videos of Tokyo Disney the other day, and really, it just BLOWS our parks out of the water.

Then I came back here and looked at this cartoony, kid's party, tacky, ugly, Mickey's Magical Party rubbish. It actually upset me.

And the thing is, they could have used the exact same theme for this event, but made it something special. Part of the celebration could have been reviving the lost effects and entertainment around the park, and they could have actually put some classy, good-looking decorations up. Instead they chose to scrap some good parts of the park, replace them with rubbish, then on top of that put up a load of multicoloured tacky-looking decorations.

Disney urgently needs to send those quality managers to Paris. :roll:

Riebi

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Annnnnd who needs big bold castle decorations??? Whats the point? Its a fantasy castle after all, its royal and grand, i dont think Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora would approve on having they're castle dramatically remoddled again.

Who needs ANY castle decorations (beside the birthdays) :lol:  All the castle needs is some fresh paint again!  [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "zanderstarz"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "ford prefect"I rather like them!  I think the MMP will be good fun if we let it.

Well I am not willing. This is terrible.

Would you approve if the old, boring castle spire tops came back instead?? At least our imagineers are making some effort to bring MMP to the whole park and not just cutting corners.

Absolutely!!!! Paint the castle, get rid of the mold, restore it to it's glory, and get the waterfalls all back in working order and I would be ecstatic! Get rid of all the toon rubbish, when I was a kid, they were only to be found in Fantasyland at the original, and that is how I like it!!!!
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

RnrcJr and Reibi, it sounds like we are all on the same page at least.
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

Oh I´m not complete again MMP or an event like this but it´s hard to see that they don´t spent their money first in their assets and make something special with them. Why not a Magical Party that integrate the castle stage instead a new stage at central plaza, videopolis instead of a new area at discoveryland and a "light" decor that match the area around. For example I have less problems with the actual party decoration at Disneyland CA Main Street lamp posts. But this "let´s decorate the castle" isn´t something that is fitting every year. Esp. in this bad stadium the castle is. It seems they will wait till it need a expensive restauration instead of a proper refurb.  :cry:

For me it´s at the moment simply tooooo much magical party. After the great and wonderful 15. celebration (I loved it really much! =D> ) I maybe need a break  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Malin

A couple of questions?

Will the park be producing a special line up of merchadise for this event ?

Will the characters be wearing special costumes?

pussinboots

"Old, boring castle spire tops..." Yikes, I can't even begin to explain how much I disagree with that whole view.

Quote from: "RnRCj"I was looking at videos of Tokyo Disney the other day, and really, it just BLOWS our parks out of the water.

Then I came back here and looked at this cartoony, kid's party, tacky, ugly, Mickey's Magical Party rubbish. It actually upset me.

And the thing is, they could have used the exact same theme for this event, but made it something special. Part of the celebration could have been reviving the lost effects and entertainment around the park, and they could have actually put some classy, good-looking decorations up. Instead they chose to scrap some good parts of the park, replace them with rubbish, then on top of that put up a load of multicoloured tacky-looking decorations.

Disney urgently needs to send those quality managers to Paris. :roll:

I was watching some Travel Channel documentary on DisneySea and had the exact same reaction. There is a lot at Tokyo Disney Resort that has me raise an eyebrow, but at least they have the right spirit. And high standards. And some competent people backstage.

Willow

Tokyo Disney Resort has a lot more money than Disneyland Resort Paris. Paris doesn;t have the money to spend at the same level as the OLC.

Compare both Resort's 2nd parks, Walt Disney Studios and DisneySea. One is one of the worst Disney Parks and the other is the most expensive Theme Park ever.

You cannot compare the levels of quality.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Willow"Tokyo Disney Resort has a lot more money than Disneyland Resort Paris. Paris doesn;t have the money to spend at the same level as the OLC.

Compare both Resort's 2nd parks, Walt Disney Studios and DisneySea. One is one of the worst Disney Parks and the other is the most expensive Theme Park ever.

You cannot compare the levels of quality.

Obviously money is what created the difference between the Studios and DisneySea. But money was not what created the difference between Paris' and Tokyo's Halloween decorations, it's not what created the difference between the subtle approach of Disneyland's "How Will You Celebrate?" decorations and Paris' lurid Mickey's Magical Party decorations. Money is not what is going to put those awful things on the castle next month and it's not what's canceled Tarzan in favor of Disco Time In Central Plaza.

A lack of insight in what makes Disney Disney did those things.

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"Paris' lurid Mickey's Magical Party decorations
Lurid! Wow, I can't wait for 4th April to see these...

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"Lurid! Wow, I can't wait for 4th April to see these...

Ah, and the old sarcasm detector trembled ever so slightly...

Fine; what has been released so far seems a little on the garish side to me, personally.

Willow

Adverts have started airing in the UK today.

The visualisations for the Castle stage look smart.
Its really nicely made and isn't "cheesy" at all. Looks like it will be fun.

I can get a mobile phone vid up later if you guys want.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Willow"Adverts have started airing in the UK today.

I caught the last half of it earlier (heard it, ran downstairs to find it was almost finished :roll:). What I did see was alright though. Not the best ad in the world, but not as bad as I expected. :lol:

Kristof

Filmed on location in.... South Africa!!!  :roll:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"

Filmed on location in.... South Africa!!!  :roll:

Interesting move, didn't see that coming!

Anyway, here's the first YouTube video, I dare say more will come :wink:

[youtube:1go3g92g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YRWgJmi-k[/youtube:1go3g92g]

Not a bad advert, with some interesting new footage too. But I'm surprised that Stars and Cars isn't in it though :roll:

EDIT: Woo, just seen it on TV, If anyone has Channel 4 +1 in the UK, tune in at about 7:05pm tonight :wink: