Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Thanks for the video. Gets the thumbs up from me! Way better than last year's cheap-CGI-filled advert that showed the wrong parade and wrong Tower of Terror.

I wish they'd stop using that generic endcap though. You see all the nice advert and then it's like... "oh...". Anyone who's been within a thousand miles of a Disney resort knows none of the Castles look like that ugly creation. Jay Rasulo should really stop forcing the resorts to merge into one and just let them be themselves. This isn't Tesco he's running. Having a different identity for each of the resorts is a good thing.

But yeah, much better than I expected. The shots of Dance Time actually make it look alright.

Quote from: "Kristof"Filmed on location in.... South Africa!!!  :roll:
I take it that's... cheaper? Or couldn't they wait for a sunny day in Europe?

casschr05

sorry this is a little :offtopic: but
I am glad that someone found that video!!! (thanks TBB for posting it :))
and I am sorry the quality was so poor  :roll:
I was getting ready for college and watching 'The Bill' I went out of the room to grab my bag and came back in and saw the end of the advert where we see the 'obvious not DLRP castle' and the MMP logo
so thank goodness for sky plus so I rewinded a bit and saw the advert!!!

I then had to find something to record it with which was hard! therefore I ended up with a bad digi camera :lol: i put it on youtube but had to wait for it to process and I was late as it is!

Anyway I quite like the advert like some of you said (Anthony!) its better than last years and it is much better than I expected!!

Daniel

Hi, does anyone know what this video is about. Is it like a pre-celebration of Mickey's Magical Party?
[youtube:9t0076vm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-mgdYaGHRA[/youtube:9t0076vm]

pussinboots

It looks that way... I'm sure many will be glad to know "Dancin' (a Catchy Rhythm)" has been brought back from the grave.

I'll give them this; I like those Mylar balloons. Nice to see they've managed to restrain themselves from putting graphics all over them; they're very iconic this way.

Kristof

It's a parade by Disney Volunteers, it's not related to Mickey's Magical Party.  :)

experiment627

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Kristof"Filmed on location in.... South Africa!!!  :roll:
I take it that's... cheaper? Or couldn't they wait for a sunny day in Europe?

It's actually quite common: a lot of commercials are being shot in South Africa, for there are landscapes that resemble Europe quite a bit and you pretty much got sun and blue skies most of the year.

I for one am just glad that they did not re-use old footage from California and / or Florida...

Kristof

QuoteIt's actually quite common: a lot of commercials are being shot in South Africa, for there are landscapes that resemble Europe quite a bit and you pretty much got sun and blue skies most of the year.

I've seen a making off video and basicaly what happened was: they travelled all the way to South-Africa with the Stitch moving stage, one of the Central Plaza satellite stages and put a green screen behind it.

Kris

Anyone seen the 2-page MMP spread in this week's OK magazine? It's like a 'real' version of the characters on Central Plaza stage, with the shiny balloons and regular characters. Looked really nice
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kris"Anyone seen the 2-page MMP spread in this week's OK magazine? It's like a 'real' version of the characters on Central Plaza stage, with the shiny balloons and regular characters. Looked really nice

Can you post a photo of it if you get the chance, please? :wink:

Kris

I actually didn't buy it, but will try to snap it of course :)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kris"I actually didn't buy it, but will try to snap it of course :)

Ok thanks, don't worry if you can't :wink:

Kris

Still not caught the TV ad in better quality yet. I really love the graphics... and shots too. Shame about SnCH not being there and the music (from what I can tell) is a bit pants :S

smurfy74

heres a link to the tv ad on another site

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Mickey ... aris/69539

the quality is a bit better, im not sure what i make of the ad  :?

PetiteSirene

Me either... it really doesnt feel like a Disney ad at all... It certainly doesnt scream magic at me  :?

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Magicalmouse125

It's a good advert. I'm not denying that but who chose that voice over person. It is very clever how they filmed it in south africa and then green screened it on.

That mini calvalcade is good as well. Was that just a one off thing??
glad "Dancin' " back as well
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125