Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Here's a better version of the image:

EDDY

Hmmmm... if you ask me, it looks very boring and awful.
I've no idea how they will realize this for the party... :(

Where is the Pic from? Extraordinet?

greets :)
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Kris

Oh dear god, those terrible designs from last summer return! At least the designs aren't blue, magenta, red and yellow... or the big Mickey head replaced by Ariel. That really was a stupid idea :S
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

pussinboots

I can't even make sense of it. Is there a concept? Did a single thought go into this?

(Note by the way how the Mickey heads cast a shadow on the sky.)

littlemermaid83

:shock: I don't like it.

Let me say that again...I don't like it :shock:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Kristof

Quote from: "Kris"or the big Mickey head replaced by Ariel.

That was supposed to be a "magic mirror" showing several Disney characters and a picture of the family of the day.

casschr05

Does anyone know if we are expecting those main street USA lampost decorations like the ones we saw in that backstage photo last year?
(the Mickey Head ones with the confetti etc)

Willow

I still don't think that they look THAT bad....

pussinboots

The castle has beautiful, ornate, gold leaf-covered spires, more beautiful than those of any other Disney castle, each of which probably cost more than an average new car.

What is the point in having them lie backstage for another year (if not more) while these things, which all look exactly the same, designed in Adobe Illustrator and stamped out of fiberglass, take their place? Is it going to make a difference in people's enjoyment of this celebration? Is this not money that could have been allocated to, say, covering up ashtrays or fixing the caterpillar's smoke effect in Alice's Labyrinth?

/rant

Riebi

oh my god....this party is going on my nerves every decorations-stage-party-reveal more.  :?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Magicalmouse125

well................it's different and together with those lovely lamp posts it'll look lovely
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

dagobert

I don't like it, too. DLRP has such a beautiful castle and soon it will look really terrible. I really liked the 15th birthday decoration, but I would prefer a castle without any decorations.

ford prefect

I rather like them!  I think the MMP will be good fun if we let it.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "ford prefect"I rather like them!  I think the MMP will be good fun if we let it.

Well I am not willing. This is terrible.

I know, wouldn't it be great if we had a barber shop quartet on Main street and a Piano player at Casey's Corner; shootouts in Frontierland with working geysers on the rivers; working effects on all the attractions and jugglers in Fantastyland; and Discoveryland that is true to their theme (send the tamtams back to Adventureland).

Sorry, but Disney has lost their way in Paris, California and Florida.
since 2001 (many before that)

zanderstarz

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "ford prefect"I rather like them!  I think the MMP will be good fun if we let it.

Well I am not willing. This is terrible.

I like the new castle spire tops, they're neat, modern and simple. They symbolise Mickey, which is what this party is all about. The 15th chunky ones ruin the castle for me, the look faded and old now. Annnnnd who needs big bold castle decorations??? Whats the point? Its a fairytale olde world castle after all, its royal and grand, i dont think Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora would approve on having they're castle dramatically remoddled again.
Plus, MMP isnt as huge as 15th, so dont expect huge decorations. The whole point of MMP is simplicity and fun. I even prefer the street decorations to 15th, the swirly streamers and colourful ribbons deffinatly win me over as opposed to broken (now completely unplugged) twinkly posters. Its all going to be very pretty i think. You guys have all just been spoiled by the grandness of the 15th. Would you approve if the old, boring castle spire tops came back instead?? At least our imagineers are making some effort to bring MMP to the whole park and not just cutting corners.
~ just like we dreamed it ~