Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

A more themed and covered terras maybe??? Same as they did with Billy Bobs?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

AmericanMouse

What about the proposed World of Disney store? Any news on that Paris version?

Riebi

many many pics at disney central plaza.

//http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard.net/disneyland-resort-paris-f6/le-developpement-du-disney-village-t57-460.htm

Including:
Disney Village generally,
A Disapeared canopy at the steakhouse
the terrace at King Ludwigs
The filling of the former pillars
the inauguration of pause and play.

Seems they make now even a big solution for inaugurations of little kiosks :mrgreen: .
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Well, it's certainly changing. It seems like they're still not entirely sure where they're going stylistically, and the balloons and carnival rides are still in place... But at least everything looks less dated now.

Is anyone else slightly bothered by the large nondescript buildings that house everything? Take the Steakhouse for example -- lovely canopy, stylish solarium -- but it's attached to this enormous, plain building with plain windows. The same goes for the Rainforest Cafe, Hurricanes, Billy Bob's and,to a lesser degree, Cafe Mickey.

dagobert

I can't wait to see the Disney Village in September. It looks so much better than the last time. I hope they will remove these ugly balloons soon, but I doubt it.

RnRCj

Quote from: "pussinboots"Is anyone else slightly bothered by the large nondescript buildings that house everything? Take the Steakhouse for example -- lovely canopy, stylish solarium -- but it's attached to this enormous, plain building with plain windows. The same goes for the Rainforest Cafe, Hurricanes, Billy Bob's and,to a lesser degree, Cafe Mickey.

That is what I most dislike about the DV. The buildings are just too blocky and plain. I especially hate the one that houses the Rainforest Cafe. :shock:

Remco K.

New terrace for King Ludwig's:

Source: Disneytheque

Anthony

Ew, ugly wall at the back there. Maybe they could put some plants on top and let them trail down or something.

Disneytheque says it's to stop people who are leaving BBWWS wandering through the terrace. It seems like they lost the nice covered entrance to the restaurant and knight statue in the process.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Baloo"Ew, ugly wall at the back there.
It looks unfinished, but I'm afraid that's not the case. The front part actually doesn't look bad at all. It fits the terrace.

davewasbaloo

Wow, such a downgrade.  What idiots at the Disney Village 8-(
since 2001 (many before that)

Krollok

Maybe they put the statue of King Ludwig somewhere else up.
But if they don´t I wouldn´t care to mouch about it, because the statue locks ridiculous.
(I´m a bavarian)

Reiana

Ridiculous for "native bavarian" people like you and me  :lol: , but maybe not for others.

Hey, maybe they should paint the wall in bavarian colors at the KLC side  :wink:

Riebi

Maybe it´s just not finished. We are prone to do make a very quick judgment if we have no concept arts :mrgreen:

So lets pray that the wall makes it sence [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dlrp-mad

I'm starting to get worried about the Disney Village designers. There seems to be a lot of 'blank' walls appearing like the one in the photo above. I like the jobs they have done in the past, but I think that change to king ludwigs truly is not good. Let's hope we're just being judgmental and that we'll see some plants appearing in the next few months :S

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Anthony

Quote from: "dlrp-mad"There seems to be a lot of 'blank' walls appearing like the one in the photo above. ... Let's hope we're just being judgmental and that we'll see some plants appearing in the next few months :S
Hm? They just added hundreds of new plants! Or do you mean specifically here? This wall is the first not-so-good thing we've seen in a while, which does indeed make it stand out. But we can't be sure it was actually EDL-Imagineering who did it and not the owners of King Ludwig's (it's not Disney owned or run). Even then, I'm surprised that they'd build an ugly wall like that, they're usually one of the best outside-run places at DLRP. Maybe it's not finished.

Looking through some photos of the 15th launch, it's amazing to see how the place looked just a year ago:

So cold.