Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "dlrp-mad"Sad to see that Café Mickey logo go though, :(.
It's still there!!!

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "dlrp-mad"Sad to see that Café Mickey logo go though, :(.
It's still there!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Is this now the running gag in this topic?!  :lol:

User 1: Sad that the logo isn´t there

Baloo: It´s still there!!!

User 2: Reallllly sad that the log isn´t there

Baloo: It´s still there!!!

Maybe they only mean that it´s sad the logo isn´t at the picture  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dlrp-mad

:D haha,

Sorry about that :)

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Captain Pan

Quote from: "dlrp-mad":D haha,

Sorry about that :)

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

Its my fault really...  :roll: ... I put it down to exam stress... Yes everything can be brought back to that 8-[

RockNRoller

So is the logo there or not? :lol:

Only kidding
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Anthony

Maybe we shouldn't have joked... I've just got an email from someone at DLRP, and it seems they are now preparing to remove the old Café Mickey sign. With the Billy Bob's, Sports Bar, etc, signs that used to stick out into the walkway gone, it seems Café Mickey is next for a 2D cardboard cut-out look.

Hopefully we'll also get another new PVC plastic awning too. :wink:

Of course not... but maybe this'd be interesting - if you could remove one thing from DV, what would it be?

I know it's not fair to pick on newcomers, but that Pause & Play food kiosk is really hideous. And the name makes no sense.

Remco K.

Fences went up at Disney Village again:

Source: Disneytheque

Source: Disneytheque

Stitch

What do you suppose is going on behind them?
-Jenn@

Kristof

The rest of the pillar bases are being removed.  :)

I'm still struck how green Disney Village looks like in pictures now!  :shock:

QuoteOf course not... but maybe this'd be interesting - if you could remove one thing from DV, what would it be?

The rest of the pillars on the roofs and all other signs of the metal tiles.  :!:

penfold12

Totaly agree Raptor!

So, any chance of them replacing the bases currently being removed with more flower beds and trees?

Obviously they will need to re cover the floor area after digging up and removing the pillar bases, so maybe there is an option for something else to be added rather than just a little more concrete flooring?

Anthony

It just looks lovely in that first photo Remco posted. Lovely. Even just a few months ago I never thought I'd be saying that about DV. They've really turned it around this time, finally. =D>

Quote from: "penfold12"Obviously they will need to re cover the floor area after digging up and removing the pillar bases, so maybe there is an option for something else to be added rather than just a little more concrete flooring?
I'm getting greedy now, but a "Welcome to Disney Village" sign and full information board like the parks would be perfect for the spot in the second picture. The current one that's over by the WDS entrance to the Village is easy to miss (and not all that useful...). It would also be a good place to advertise the shops and restaurants of the hotels around the lake, which for now could be used like an expansion of the Village (they're included on the newest map I think). Just something to lead people a little further than the Disney Store...

Riebi

Quote from: "raptor1982"I'm still struck how green Disney Village looks like in pictures now! :shock:

Yes that´s really amazing (Bit weird to use this word after Seal sung it to loud about Heide Klum at the Germany´s next Top Model Final last Thuersday)

Remove the Pillars would be wonderful too! I´m also for a better signboard and integrating the hotels is an absolute must-have. They should try to get their guests in their Disney Restaurants around the lake.

david

i quiet like the pillars- though they were way better with the 'starry sky' lights. I think DV might look a bit empty without them, they add a lot to the atmosphere and give you much more to look at. The metal panels are pretty ugly though, so they could probably do with new facias and maybe a replacement for the starry sky so that they actually have a purpose once again

smurfy74

I agree the starry sky made it seem magical in some way as well as meaning the pillars didnt look quite so intruding. Is there any more news on the Starbucks and sandwich place that were rumoured to be coming

Riebi

Quote from: "davidrsykes"i quiet like the pillars- though they were way better with the 'starry sky' lights. I think DV might look a bit empty without them, they add a lot to the atmosphere and give you much more to look at. The metal panels are pretty ugly though, so they could probably do with new facias and maybe a replacement for the starry sky so that they actually have a purpose once again

I´m also one of these who liked the "old" village. It looked great at the beginning of the 90s with all this lights, neons etc. at night.
The problem was that the remove all signs, starlight effects, neons etc. and haven´t replaced it in any way. So the village turns to cheap and ugly. The haven´t done something what you call in german "Stadtmöblierung" (maybe street furniture in english).

Now they seem to know their fault (maybe it was also a money-decission) and make - late but they make it - a real concept with plants, terraces and all this. That´s simple great and the village seem not any more to have the charm of a french camping centre.

So I´m hoping now for a great future with additions and improvements that bring the village back to the thing that it was in the 90s: a real place to stay and have fun.