Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I'm so relieved the windows in that Café Mickey extension aren't actually opaque/smoked. It must have just been stickers whilst they were building it.  The logo and silhouette of Goofy looks good enough. I still wonder how dark it is in the actual restaurant now though...

And that horrible plastic/PVC banner is still around the top?! Yuk! It looks like a cheap kids birthday. That has got to be temporary.

Billy Bob's looks a million times better, so cosy and inviting. The plants are really stylised and specific to the building, the terrace and chairs and tables actually look quite classy. Even the plastic cover I can just about deal with.

The Village now isn't quite so far off the Downtown Disneys after all. For the first time ever, I really... liked it last month and would happily spend time there. The "Disney Village Radio" can still be a bit tacky, but they do play more British music now which is definitely a good thing. Not that French pop music is bad or anything. :-"

Remco K.

Quote from: "Riebi"What I like:
I like the trees in front of Billy Bobs and I also like the terrasse which remember myself at Paris. I like also this wonderful chairs at billy bobs.
It´s great that the continue the refurb of planet hollywood.
I really like how the terrace turned out. They created a nice, small, private space at Bolly Bob's

Quote from: "Riebi"I don´t like:
The terrasse at Café Mickey looks a bit hm too fast builded and not finished. Hope we see some planters there too.
I also would like to see a big neon sign back at Billy Bob´s.
The Café Mickey extension looks good. Though I would've prefered the grey/blackish parts in another color, like yellow or something.

Riebi

Yes. That could be better. Hope the take this PVC banner away from café mickey.
The rest is a wonderfull improvement for the village!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Riebi

Mousy.be shares some pics:

New Sign

white glow comes back to planet hollywood

They reports also that sequoia lodge is repainted and some other shots from 8.5. around the resort (Mickey at Adventureland!!! for example)

:arrow: Mousy.be: //http://home.scarlet.be/~tsi83178/photonews8mei08.html

dagobert

At first I didn't like the Disney Village, it looked a little bit like a concret dessert, but now the Village looks really good with the trees and plants. Let's hope that a World of Disney Store and an ESPN Zone will come to the Disney Village in the near future too.

Buffalo Bill

Wow! Thanks for the pic's! I haven't been in for a few days and in that short time Disney Village has really changed! Maybe I'll venture out there more often now.

Buffalo Bill

Quote from: "dagobert"At first I didn't like the Disney Village, it looked a little bit like a concret dessert, but now the Village looks really good with the trees and plants. Let's hope that a World of Disney Store and an ESPN Zone will come to the Disney Village in the near future too.

I remember when I first came to DLRP in 1995 after having spent a week in Florida. It was raining, cold, and Disney Village had this industrial feel to it. Really a turn off. It's gotten a lot of attention these past couple years while Karl Holz has been CEO and I really appreciate it. I hope his successor keeps up the momentum!

Riebi

Has someone any pics of the village at night? With the new lights at the trees etc.?

Japper

from themeparkreview:

Owain

I think thats something that wasnt mentioned ? The lights on the planter walls !
The village is looking lovely !  :)

Maarten

I like the blue lights on the planter walls. Nothing spectacular but its a nice touch. Billy Bob's terrasse seems like a winner aswell, very Parisian! Hopefully they will return Billy Bob's neon sign soon and turn the fiber optics in the trees on aswell.

By the way, I heared a rumour recently that Hurricanes will be closed down as soon as the rumoured ESPN Zone will open its doors near World of Disney and the Imax Theater. That way the popular Rainforest Cafe can expand to the upper floor of the building. I'm not sure if these rumours contain any truth, but I just wanted to share it with you all.

Riebi

Quote from: "Maarten"I like the blue lights on the planter walls. Nothing spectacular but its a nice touch. Billy Bob's terrasse seems like a winner aswell, very Parisian! Hopefully they will return Billy Bob's neon sign soon and turn the fiber optics in the trees on aswell.

Same here! It´s really a nice little detail this lights at the planters! Hope it looks even better if the light up the treelights. Thanks for posting this pic!

Seeing a billy bobs neon sign return again would be also a nice touch.

Owain

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, I heared a rumour recently that Hurricanes will be closed down as soon as the rumoured ESPN Zone will open its doors near World of Disney and the Imax Theater. That way the popular Rainforest Cafe can expand to the upper floor of the building. I'm not sure if these rumours contain any truth, but I just wanted to share it with you all.
Ohhh  :o hopefully its true !  [-o<  :D

Soap

Sorry for asking, but what's that ESPN Zone? ESPN i know has to do with sport, but what about night time entertainment?
I don't really like Hurricanes, but it is the only real nighttime club @ The Village....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

peep

I'm assuming that the ESPN Zone is like a sports bar/club. Sports bars are very popular, I've never been to one as I don't think they look that great. If I be wrong about what this place will be then please correct me.

I think it would be great for World of Disney and ESPN (whatever it is) to come to the Village. Tbh any additions to the DV is a good thing. If the Rainforest cafe gets to use the upper floor too that would be cool as its always really busy and they need more seating to help cover the demand.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320