Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Everybody on this forum who is going to visit DLRP should make a complaint about the billboard at the Guest Relation.

-breeno-

Quote from: "dagobert"Everybody on this forum who is going to visit DLRP should make a complaint about the billboard at the Guest Relation.
Got a better idea.  But we're gonna need a lot rope, some saws and as many MF members as possible who can make it out to DLP on Saturday :P

Honestly can't believe our once beautiful Studio 1 has been covered up for 4 years now.  I honestly can't remember it without the billboard!

It surely can't take over a year to repaint ONE wall?  Give me a free flight over to Paris tomorrow and some paint and i'll have it done for them in no time :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

-breeno-

Just thought i'd give this a little bump to remind everyone that this still exists ](*,)

Although it appears Hollywood has been following the never ending saga of this billboard and wants to put it on the big screen!  And i have got my hands on an exclusive teaser poster!

Remember, you seen it here first ;)

[spoiler:20mp3kzi][/spoiler:20mp3kzi]
 :mrgreen:  :lol:

BTW, "S1" stands for "Studio 1" ;)

Note: This is just a joke thing i was working on today because i was bored, it is by no means serious or me trying to show off photoshopping skills which don't exist
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Soap

Whahhahaha made me laugh out loud here  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Haha! That's brilliant Luke. You almost inspired me to make my own, something anlong the lines of Kill Bill-Board Volume 1, Kill Bill-Board Volume 2 and Kill Bill-Board Volume 3; now if only Studio 1 had had 3 different Billboards covering it up over the last few years, oh wait a minute... :roll:

Tuvok

Great picture, Breeno!

I too would like to see the Studio 1 without any form of 'decoration'. I even would be pleased when they took down this huge 'refurb thing' and replace it with an advertisement for, let's say, Disney's A Christmas Carol. Not just a normal billboard, but a nice small 3D / relief scene from the movie and add some christmas decorations and lots of lights. The resort will recieve money for the ad and at the same time add some christmas atomsphere to the Studios.

In fact, almost anything is better then the current situation. At least a 'real' billboard for a movie (or something else) has a purpose.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Timbo

It might of course be covered up to protect the building underneath ! :wink:
Thinking of doing the same thing for my house , have a huge facade with a picture of my house on it, it would mean I wouldn't have to paint the windows and have the brick work repointed , there might be a method to their madness ! :roll:
I did expect it to have an advert for "UP" , but that has passed now !

Willow

There's always Toy Story 3/Toy Story Playland which could go up next year...

:|

RnRCj

Anyone else here willing to send them an email about this? I would, but I've recently sent them an email about something else so don't want to do another. It'd be interesting to see another response.

When this thing does come down, if ever, we have got to have a big party or something!!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Anyone else here willing to send them an email about this? I would, but I've recently sent them an email about something else so don't want to do another. It'd be interesting to see another response.

When this thing does come down, if ever, we have got to have a big party or something!!

Tell me the e-mail address, and I'll get on it :wink:

Anthony

I just went through the contact form on the official site, or there's mailto:dlp.guest.communication@disney.com">dlp.guest.communication@disney.com

We should work out a standard letter of enquiry...or complaint? Depends which way you want to go. Considering how much we all spend on DLP each year, I'm willing to move into complaintland.

For a start I'm going to be emailing back the response they sent me in July and asking why the so-called WDS Quality Manager hasn't begun his/her refurbishment as stated.

bigrossco

I think if we could agree on a 'Standard' email to send out to them would be great and show power from us all if we were all to send it in!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"For a start I'm going to be emailing back the response they sent me in July and asking why the so-called WDS Quality Manager hasn't begun his/her refurbishment as stated.

If you do email back, ask them for the WDS Quality Manager's email address, so you can contact them personally. If they have nothing to hide, they should be happy to give it out.

Nicholas-c

i sent an email off mid-september, got a reply pretty speedy. Just forgot to post here :P

Basically... A "We try and offer service... blah blah blah" reply :P

QuoteDear Mr Carter,

Thank you for your correspondence concerning your recent visit to Disneyland® Paris.

To begin with, I would like to thank you for your loyalty in Disneyland Paris. It is truly heartening to learn that you have visited the Resort on so many occasions.

As a frequent visitor of the Resort, you are ware that our teams strive to offer a warm welcome to all our guests at all times, and our wish is for each guest to pass a magical moment in our company. Bearing this in mind, I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and I am genuinely sorry to learn of your experiences at the Resort.

As Disneyland® Paris is open 365 days a year, we do take the necessary precautions to ensure the magical upkeep of our Resort's appearance. Throughout the year certain areas and attractions may be closed for rehabilitations so that the area may be modified in accordance with aesthetic appearance and the safety of our guests. As such, I can confirm that rehabilitation takes place constantly throughout the year even whilst attractions are not undergoing their seasonal closures. I nevertheless regret any disappointment that you may have experienced in Walt Disney Studios® Park due to the work taking place.

I regret that you were not completely content on this occasion and can assure you that every point and comment that you have made has been passed on to the relevant departmental managers. Such feedback is invaluable to our efforts to ensure that guest needs and expectations are met and, hopefully, exceeded on each visit. I hope that, despite your concerns, we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future allowing us to restore your faith in the Disney magic.

Yours sincerely,

Gabrielle Loulier
Guest Communication
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Timbo

That email reply doesn't say anything at all !! Just the usual waffle , sounds like something a politician would come up with ! Think we should definately organise a mass emailing from MF to get an actual answer from them ; they are still letting the guests down as they are failing to respond properly to a specific enquiry !
Perhaps we should say we want to organise a Studio 1 unveiling event and ask for a date when this will happen  , then see what response DLP comes back with !! :roll: