Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

I meant not enough money for a MMP poster, didn't make that very clear.
Thats nothing to do with Walt Disney Pictures.

Nicholas-c

Approaching the 10 month mark since it changed to "Studio 1" Billboard... Any work (Doubt it over the summer...), Any news ? Anything ? :S

Surely its not hard to take it down and jet-wash it one night ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

My Not-So-Fun Fact of the Week avatar is dedicated to the billboard this week.

By my calculations, Studio 1 enjoyed 3 years and 5 months before it was rudely interrupted by a pile of scaffolding across its front. Since then, we've enjoyed 3 years and 9 months of a Disney theme park entrance being turned into ad space. Or into a refurb covering for a refurb that isn't and never even began to happen!

Shall we produce some mock-ups of which other Disney landmarks could be improved in this way, to mark the occasion?

Anthony

For a start, the Earffel Tower looks plain silly all 3D and real next to Studio 1 now. It should be the first thing to be covered in scaffolding and decorated with a lifelike image to match.

Here's the concept art:

:P

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"My Not-So-Fun Fact of the Week avatar is dedicated to the billboard this week.

By my calculations, Studio 1 enjoyed 3 years and 5 months before it was rudely interrupted by a pile of scaffolding across its front. Since then, we've enjoyed 3 years and 9 months of a Disney theme park entrance being turned into ad space. Or into a refurb covering for a refurb that isn't and never even began to happen!

Shall we produce some mock-ups of which other Disney landmarks could be improved in this way, to mark the occasion?

That's nice to know :roll:  :lol:

I know that there were originally plans for putting an MMP poster on the billboard, that never came to light, so why keep this up. What on earth makes them think that it is a good idea to spend thousands on the building, to then cover it up with a cheap billboard of the very building? :|  :?

Unless of course they are waiting to install another Chicken Little/Cars esque billboard for Up or something (Please don't [-o< )

Quote from: "Anthony"For a start, the Earffel Tower looks plain silly all 3D and real next to Studio 1 now. It should be the first thing to be covered in scaffolding and decorated with a lifelike image to match.

Here's the concept art:

:P

Love it! :P

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Love it! :P
Jolly good, should be complete by Monday!

I hate bashing DLRP constantly, so making humorously bad Photoshops is one way to vent it. :lol:

RnRCj

Haha love the little clouds! :lol: I can't understand why it's been up for so long with nothing actually hapening there. I want to see Studio 1 again. Even if it's not exactly in mint condition, it's still better than a billboard!!

Quote from: "Anthony"DLRP
Ahem, "DLP" now. :lol:

lil-shawn

hey guy´s lets face it, we will get the toystory playland, a new toystory movie and
i a toystory billboard next year.

hey anthony i think you should take a big billboard to the whole entrance of the WDS with a pic how it looked before they build this little park  :P

Anthony

To celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the new Studio 1-style billboard on Studio 1, I sent an email via the official website pretending to be a regular guest... (I'm sure it was convincing) ...with a story about how I'd visited last year and noticed the building covered up, only to have just returned this month and seen it still covered.

Here's the response (in record time!):

QuoteThank you for your correspondence concerning your recent visit to Disneyland® Paris.

I was pleased to learn that you were recently able to visit the Resort. Disneyland Paris strives to entrance its visitors by the dreams and magic with which they have come to associate the Disney name, and I sincerely hope that your stay provided you with some magical memories.

Upon receipt of your email I contacted the Quality Manager of Walt Disney Studios® Park in order to obtain his feedback on your query. He has advised that Studio 1 is currently undergoing refurbishment and that this work has just started and will continue for approximately 6 months.

Disneyland® Paris hopes to soon have the opportunity to welcome you once more to the resort.
So now, is the Quality Manager saying the actual refurbishment has just (finally!) started? Perhaps with the TV Studios under wraps now they're combining work on both to do it cheaper?

We'll see in six months, I guess... Chante, c'est Noel! :?

RnRCj

I too have used the "I'm a regular guest! Honest!" method when sending them emails! I like the way we just assume they'd completely ignore us if they found out we're fans. :lol:

Hopefully the mystery quality manager's words are truthful. It's embarrassing when you're walking into WDS with people who have never been there before, and they ask why there's a huge 25 metre billboard looming above them.

Anthony

Did you get a look behind the billboard when you were there earlier this month RnRCj?

I didn't see anything going on. But then I couldn't really tell if there were people working behind the TV Studios scaffolding. They've given themselves a nice 6 month window anyway. You'd think they were refurbishing St Paul's, not some concrete shell.

Kristof

I had a look and didn't see any progress at all.  Also no smells, paint spills, etc.  :roll:

RnRCj

Nope, I didn't see any work going on either.

dagobert

How long is this billboard already there? One year or longer?

They had the whole summer and there is no progress? What the hell are they doing with Studio 1. I really miss the nice facade.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"How long is this billboard already there? One year or longer?
This refurbishment-style one has been there since July or August last year, so at least 13 months. :shock:

But of course we haven't seen Studio 1 without a billboard since July 2005. :shock:  :shock:

We passed the halfway point a while ago, with the building now being covered by scaffolding for longer than it was originally left as built. It's an absolutely disgraceful situation. Do managers from Euro Disney SCA EVER visit the parks? Do they ever walk through the gates? Do they even know it's still there? Why is this maintenance team "restoring lost effects" when they've had the entrance of a park covered up for four years?

Hopefully a sarcastic topic title change will relieve my anger for now.