Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "andrewuk"
Quote from: "Willow"I totally forgot to mention when I got back a few weeks ago that the plant pots had gone on Friday 24th October.

I thought that they were there to get everyone looking in the shops as nobody walked through the middle, however on the friday everyone was walking through the middle once the pots had gone.

Its too cold for them to be outside now, I've brought mine idoors for the winter too :wink:

What was the point in putting them out for a few weeks then?
It would have been easier to wait until Spring.

andrewuk

Well, I don't think that Disney do things because they're easy. If they have these large and expensive plants and pots, they may as well get some use out of them.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Kuzco

....anyway: how is the refurb going along there? Still not done?
No touchy!

Japper

I heard this wasn't a refurb but just a temporary poster till Mickey's Magical Party starts :(

Nicholas-c

Sadly it seems that way...

We never did have confirmation of "Refurbish" did we ? ;) No one has ever seen/said people working on it ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"No one has ever seen/said people working on it ;)
They repainted the green/teal doors on the other side of Studio 1, but as far as we know that's... err.. it.

:(

Nicholas-c

i take it we still have a picture infront of it ? :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

Of course. :roll:  We never saw any progress of a refurbishment either.

I saw a funny video on Disney.co.uk where they'd sent a woman to WDS to film the intro to their movie previews, so she was basically stood in front of a huge wall of scaffolding with a picture on it saying "hey, I'm at the Walt Disney Studios!".

To be honest, it's taking the park's popular use of fake flat backdrops a bit far.

On a brighter note, nothing has been said about an MMP billboard for months... *gulp*

The Butlin Boy

Au Revoir Volt - Bienvenu...

Source: Mouetto on DCP

Agent Lex

To quickly clarify - the Hannah Montana billboard is at the back of Studio 1. The front is still covered by that scaffolding with the Studio 1 picture over it.

Owain

It confuses me why there advertising Hannah Montana New Episodes, when Hannah Montana: The Movie is being released in 2 months  :?

Anthony

So now...

No billboard for Mickey's Magical Party.

No refurbishment happening whatsoever.

What on earth is going on?

Willow

Ran out of money? Not enough for a new billboard or some paint?

The cost of renting the scaffolding (if it is not bought) will be outweighing getting a few people up there refurbing it.

lil-shawn

QuoteRan out of money? Not enough for a new billboard or some paint?

i know what they can do, just cut the whole dance time show in discoveryland,
then spend the money on new paint...
to paint this fassade is not that expansive!

Kristof

Quote from: "Willow"Not enough for a new billboard.

All costs for the WDS billboards (including the big one on Studio 1) have to be paid by Walt Disney Motion Pictures.