Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Very exciting news! Studio 1 is almost looking beautiful again. :D

I have a bad feeling that a new billboard will be put up though... Hopefully they are smart enough not to do something like that...

Owain

OMG  :shock:

YAYYYYYYYY

Ahhh nice to see Studio 1 in nearly its final glory :D
Im so happy !  =D>

Aveen2008

I have been wondering for so long why they have kept the cars billboard up, i thought maybe it was just something to do with the colours or the scenic look in the background of the picture but i am glad it's gone. I hope its not replaced with Wall-E because well he's a machine and it may just look ..well wrong but that's just my opinion. I am going to DLP on Thursday this week so it will be interesting to see if the scaffolding is still up or if there is a sign of anything new being put up.

Aveen xxx  :ears:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Kuzco

Well, I'm guessing we will know very soon what will happen:

1. Or the whole structure will come down in a few days

2. Or something new will be put up in a few days.

Won't be a long wait though, as the way it looks now is even worse than with that billboard up ;) Even the people of DLRP will see that :D

Can't wait untill we really know WHAT will happen!!
No touchy!

PinkPig

Where was the first photo taken?  Are they building something there or is that fence permanent?

Anthony

Quote from: "PinkPig"Where was the first photo taken?  Are they building something there or is that fence permanent?
It's from the avenue leading toward the NEX games arcade and the Disney Village parking. The fence is technically temporary, since that's where our suspected new nightclub/sports bar complex is supposed to be going, along with a new exit for the TGV station. Sometime this century.

Another new photo from Disneytheque.com:

http://www.disneytheque.com/phototheque ... 01/001.jpg

I'm amazed at how good it looks behind there after all this time. As raptor1982 said, there's no excuse to hide this building any more. KEEP IT DOWN!!

Nicholas-c

i really do hope it come down :(

btw.. anyone fancy going for a trip with spanners tonight :D

half the work is done for us!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

peep

Wow, I never thought we would see the day that the Cars poster would be taken down. I hope the scaffolding fully goes and stays like that at least until I next go at the end of the month. I've never seen it (apart from photos) without the poster, looks so much better without.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

smurfy74

Now the studios is becoming an attraction in its own right , i feel the time for the billboard is over. When we were there last week the hoards going to the studios was a delight to be seen. We compared it to last year when there was just a trickle of people going in the studios direction. Lest see what tomorrow brings!!!

Kristof

Grandmath witnessed workers remove more scaffolding in the middle of the construction.   =D>

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "raptor1982"Grandmath witnessed workers remove more scaffolding in the middle of the construction.   =D>

i would like to go "WOO" but we wont find out until morning!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kuzco

Quote from: "raptor1982"Grandmath witnessed workers remove more scaffolding in the middle of the construction.   =D>

Yay! That sounds very promising!
I'm guessing new pictures will pop up very soon somewhere :)
No touchy!

GeoffD

finally a picture of it recently without a billboard, will there be another one. I think i'll give it untill the scaffholding goes to start celebrating properly

pussinboots

I totally had the scoop, haha. It looks amazing. And there was hardly any discoloration noticeable.

evil cod

Due to having a major gap in visiting the park throughout my teenage years being 12 the last time I visted (Studios not even open) before this past years visits (21/22!) I have never had the chance to see the building in its true glory apart from photographs but there is no doubting it looks soo much better/classier/spectacular without that monstrosity of a poster on it. Im really hoping thats it gone for good and maybe it will look as beautiful as it can for my visit this August (with mostly Disney newbies  :lol:)