Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Actually, I was talking about those other sides of the buildings, those who face towards Frontlot. Especially Studio 3 (Animagique) looks like it could use a repaint. Here's a pic I took last year.
And even though they changed CinéMagique's entrance on the other side, they still didn't bother to clean the dirt off the '2' plaque, at least before the press events.  Agreed on Studio 3 too. The white roofs could do with another clean too (I believe they've done that once so far since it opened).

If anything it's the other side of Studio 1 that really needs a repaint. It looks like it's about to crumble away.

Owain

PinkPig

Eeek, if they were using it to paint or clean the building would it really go so high?  It looks a bit like they're going to put something horrendously big on it to me...

RnRCj

Quote from: "PinkPig"Eeek, if they were using it to paint or clean the building would it really go so high?  It looks a bit like they're going to put something horrendously big on it to me...

Actually, I think they are just painting it. Notice how the scaffolding follows the top edge of the building? That suggests that they are just painting it to me. If it was another billboard I think the scaffolding would probably be a big square.

I could be wrong though. :lol:

-breeno-

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "PinkPig"Eeek, if they were using it to paint or clean the building would it really go so high?  It looks a bit like they're going to put something horrendously big on it to me...

Actually, I think they are just painting it. Notice how the scaffolding follows the top edge of the building? That suggests that they are just painting it to me. If it was another billboard I think the scaffolding would probably be a big square.

I could be wrong though. :lol:

I agree with RnRCj, it looks like they're planning on repainting the "1" as well, it looks like it could do with a repaint and i couldn't see them putting a billboard over an advertising board at the left of studio 1.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

This is definitely a refurbishment now.

I hate to be one of those "Bad Show!" people, but why haven't they covered the bottom of the scaffolding with construction fences? You can see the signs for hard hats and the bare metal fences. Bad show!

And it looks like that HORRIBLE clapperboard advertising the Cars DVD is still clinging on. Someone bloody take it away! We don't want to be told "buy this! buy this!" by Buena Vista as soon as we step into a park we've paid to enter.

PinkPig

Quote from: "Baloo"And it looks like that HORRIBLE clapperboard advertising the Cars DVD is still clinging on. Someone bloody take it away! We don't want to be told "buy this! buy this!" by Buena Vista as soon as we step into a park we've paid to enter.

It's attached to some of the scaffolding so as long as that goes the clapperboard will have to go as well...

Nicholas-c

It has to be a re-paint or something (cleaning off years of dust :P) that... or they will make us look at a bigger, uglier one :S
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

GeoffD

the top of the building does need painting, i can see dirt there.
Anyway nice to see the glass round the doors. Can help but thinking 'What will happen when the scaffholding goes down'

Riebi

Wonderful that they turn it down and wonderful that they start a refurb.

but the only think: During the summer season???? Why haven´t they start this one month ago??? I mean now the most guests will run through the park and what they get is a big scaffolding...that not best show at summer. Hope they will fix it fast.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

The Cars poster contract just ended, so I guess they figured it would be cheaper to use the scaffolding for the repaint.

Kristof

A recent photo by "dlrp team" on Disney Central Plaza.

Mmm that shape kinda starts to worry me!  :shock:

smurfy74

which one are you referring to raptor the one of the eagle or the one where the whole facade seems to becoming covered in scaffolding?

Poppy The Monkey

As I was leaving work this evening at 11.30pm, I noticed something horrifing - A NEW BILLBOARD was being put in place on Studio 1...   :shock:

I went to investigate and discovered it was a fantastic poster of Studio 1 in its original form which is being put in place to disguise the rehab of the building underneath.

Like the Emporium poster a couple of years ago: it looks great and hopefully it won't be too long before the real original studio 1 is revealed again in its full glory!

penfold12

Poppy, thats great to hear. After seeing that pic above with the scaffolding being buit up around the number one, I had this horrible feeling that a new, larger advertising bill board was going up, with the number one being left on display...