Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieD

Quote from: "RnRCj"Very exciting news! Studio 1 is almost looking beautiful again. :D

I have a bad feeling that a new billboard will be put up though... Hopefully they are smart enough not to do something like that...

i would have to agree!! i think that they could be putting up another sign. :evil: ..maybe one to promote a summer film like Chronicals of Narnia or Wall:E

i dont think that we have quite seen the end of this billboard! :?:
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Kristof

My bet is that they're removing it completely...  There's no movie to promote.  Wall-E will be released in France within 2 weeks and Prince Caspian has been released already.  Cars and Chicken Little were put up at least a month up front.

Kuzco

Quote from: "raptor1982"My bet is that they're removing it completely...  There's no movie to promote.  Wall-E will be released in France within 2 weeks and Prince Caspian has been released already.  Cars and Chicken Little were put up at least a month up front.

Let's all hope so. I guess the construction has been taken down a bit again by now? Can't wait to seen new pics of that!  8)
No touchy!

SophieD

hmmmm!!

theres also High School Musical 3

which is to be released in October!! so maybe thats a contender?
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

RnRCj

Quote from: "raptor1982"My bet is that they're removing it completely...  There's no movie to promote.  Wall-E will be released in France within 2 weeks and Prince Caspian has been released already.  Cars and Chicken Little were put up at least a month up front.

I really hope so. [-o< Almost all of the photos I have of the Front Lot are ruined by the billboard.

MagicStar

Right. I just had a look on the upcoming Movies:
Within 2 weeks: Wall-E
June 2009: UP
Princess and the frog: winter 2009

To early to promote.
But what about "Bolt"? Is it worth to promote it with a billboard?
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Captain Pan

Quote from: "MagicStar"

Right. I just had a look on the upcoming Movies:
Within 2 weeks: Wall-E
June 2009: UP
Princess and the frog: winter 2009

To early to promote.
But what about "Bolt"? Is it worth to promote it with a billboard?

You've left out HSM3... October 2008... now although it doesn't need the promo it wouldn't stop it, would it!

Only one thing to do wait with baited breath

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Kuzco"I guess the construction has been taken down a bit again by now? Can't wait to seen new pics of that!  8)

I can't wait to see further pics either! Oh, the suspense... ;) I really hope the studios will return to their glory days... And furthermore, I'm wishing it will remain in its beautiful natural state all the way through my visit next summer. ;) We'll see!

I may be rather quiet on this board, but I check it often for news. ;)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Kristof

Grandmath let me know that the sides of the scaffolding are now going up.  They're probably going to use it for a repaint of the façade.  [-o<

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Grandmath let me know that the sides of the scaffolding are now going up.  They're probably going to use it for a repaint of the façade.  [-o<
We need a *gulp* smilie.

:|

RnRCj

Quote from: "raptor1982"Grandmath let me know that the sides of the scaffolding are now going up.  They're probably going to use it for a repaint of the façade.  [-o<

Well they'd better be using it for a repaint. :twisted: I'm really wanting my photo of Studio 1 without a billboard to ruin it. :lol:

Maarten

Quote from: "RnRCj"

Well they'd better be using it for a repaint. :twisted: I'm really wanting my photo of Studio 1 without a billboard to ruin it. :lol:

And I want mine next week without scaffolding and painters in front of it. Couldn't they have done this work before the summerseason?! Bad planning if you ask me.  :|

On a positive note; I am glad they are going to repaint Studio 1, especially the upper ornaments. They look quite dirty. Hopefully they will repaint Studio 2 and 3 aswell.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Maarten"On a positive note; I am glad they are going to repaint Studio 1, especially the upper ornaments. They look quite dirty. Hopefully they will repaint Studio 2 and 3 aswell.
Both studios have been repainted already. Animagique has turned blue and Cinemagique's entrance has been rehabbed. I doubt they're going to paint other parts of the building soon. I might be wrong though.

danwills

Wow, its good to hear that it may be coming down, well i hope it does. However i think it should be used as a addition to Toon Studio as some kind of backdrop bill board, maybe to fill an area for the expansion?

Maarten

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Maarten"On a positive note; I am glad they are going to repaint Studio 1, especially the upper ornaments. They look quite dirty. Hopefully they will repaint Studio 2 and 3 aswell.
Both studios have been repainted already. Animagique has turned blue and Cinemagique's entrance has been rehabbed. I doubt they're going to paint other parts of the building soon. I might be wrong though.

Actually, I was talking about those other sides of the buildings, those who face towards Frontlot. Especially Studio 3 (Animagique) looks like it could use a repaint. Here's a pic I took last year.