Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I've always thought that subtlety has been the key to Disney. It's all about the smaller details and not bold in-your-face designs. To me, the whole Mickey/Minnie thing sounds quite 2D and big when the original design of the park is actually enough. The rotating billboards are an under-used part of Frontlot and definately the way forward I think!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Bad news- it is replaced by a new round billboard showing Mickey and Minnie! Also all the "studios" will have their numbers replaced with a different image of Mickey and Minnie, for next seasons "theme" which will stretch across the two parks.
I think I'm going to vomit. I'd heard the rumours, but... really? Is there no nicer way to spread next year's theme to WDS? Would banners on lampposts not be enough? You say "round" billboard, so does that mean it fits in with the shape of Studio 1, at all? (It has that semi-circle reaching across its front windows...)

Kris is right, all these plans sound about as subtle as... well, as subtle as a giant billboard covering a theme park icon. What happened to the people who did the 15th? It sounds like we're heading for another Toon Circus.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"It sounds like we're heading for another Toon Circus.

That's exactly what came to my mind :?  Lets hope they don't go a do something very very stupid after the fantastic and successful 15th anniversary celebration :roll:

Kris

I draw the line at something similar to an Enchanted/Ratatouille poster on the back of Studio 1. I'm sure (if they had to have an event banner) that something like this could blend in a lot more.

Talking to Maarten earlier, I too would really like the Studios to focus on Mickey's black and white era... the history of the character and maybe some kind of presentation in Art of Disney Animation?

Back on topic, I'd hate these Mickey heads on the Studio numbers to be the same. One aspect that has annoyed me with the 15th anniversary branding is the duplication of the designs (however beautiful).

Japper

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Another plan I've seen has studio one returned to it's former glory without a billboard, instead the "love" theme is showcased using the 2 revolving billboards at the sides.

That really really would be great!!!

I think the bigger billboard will cost more to make , since they don't get paid for it they hopefully decide to go for the other plan :D:D *wishes*

Kristof

I don't think the giant billboard will remain up for that long.  Currently DLRP gets paid by Walt Disney Home Entertainment for the advertisement on the scaffolding.  But the actual scaffolding is being rented by WDHE, so if DLRP is going to put up a poster on it to advertise their own new "year", it would mean they'd have to pay the rent for the scaffolding themselves...  :wink:

Kris

Thinking about it, why are they proposing these new signs/decorations? Is there going to be a love season this summer or are we talking about further in the future?

Raptor suggested a new "year" event (with DLP's new shows), there's of course Playhouse Disney and Stars and Motorcars to come late 2008/early 2009 and now these decorations. Are they going to be promoted all at the same time like the 15th anniversary?

dagobert

I really hope the billboard is removed sooner than later. I would be very happy when it is removed before our next visit in September.

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Raptor suggested a new "year" event (with DLP's new shows), there's of course Playhouse Disney and Stars and Motorcars to come late 2008/early 2009 and now these decorations. Are they going to be promoted all at the same time like the 15th anniversary?
Yes, there will almost certainly be a follow-up year-long celebration from April 2009. Basically the Mickey Mouse one that was proposed for this year but postponed to allow the popular 15th to continue. Playhouse Disney and Stars & Motor Cars will be the main events.

I'd be glad to see anything in place of this billboard now.

disney-dan

Its been up for so long now that I couldn't even remember how good it looked before I saw the pictures on here. They should definitely take it down now, I think enough is enough.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

Clarebelle

I would love to see Studio 1 without the billboard, its always been cars (or not built yet  :D ) when I've been :-(
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

pussinboots

They're removing it right now. Yay.

Clarebelle

will it be replaced (maybe by wall-e?) or back to its former glorey?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Maarten

It... is... time! I can't believe this day has finally arrived!  :D

Here is a pic Grandmath took with his cellphone a few hours ago. It was posted by member Mouetto at Disney Central Plaza Forum:

Hopefully it will not be replaced by something worse!

-breeno-

Quote from: "Maarten"It... is... time! I can't believe this day has finally arrived!  :D

Here is a pic Grandmath took with his cellphone a few hours ago. It was posted by member Mouetto at Disney Central Plaza Forum:

Hopefully it will not be replaced by something worse!

Oh my god!! :o I've been dreaming of this day for years! :P   Please don't please replaced with a new one, please.  A dream it would be to see Studio 1 in all its gloary during my trip on the 13th [-o<
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!