Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"The Ratatouille poster wasn't there for long was it? :-k It's a shame that the Cars billboard didn't  go as quickly as that did :roll:

The Cars billboard can be compared to a nightmare without an end in my opinion.  :?

ightenhill

As they now have a cars themed ride I have a bad feeling this one may be hanging around for a while..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

15MagicalYears

Thats embarrasing  :oops:

I wish it could be original, no billboards.  [-o<
Please [-o<

The Butlin Boy

I seriously can't believe that it is still there :x What can we do to get rid of it? Perhaps we could make a huge online petition and send it to them... :wink:

lil-shawn

is this ugly, and stupid billboard still there or will it come down in the next time?
i  [-o<  for that and hope it will come down in the next few weeks or i will do it  :lol:

Maarten

Quote from: "lil-shawn"is this ugly, and stupid billboard still there or will it come down in the next time?

No, its still there unfortunately. But I think you'll find out soon enough if there's any progress in removing it, since almost nobody can wait to get rid of the hidious billboard. :wink:

The Butlin Boy

There were a couple of poster changes that I noticed in the park on Friday;

-101 Dalmatians DVD posters on the AODA have changed to Enchanted
-New Prince Caspian posters on the lighting rigs between TOT and Armageddon
-Ratatouille posters on the side of the Backlot Express restaurant have been changed to Wall-e

Unfortunately, a certain Cars billboard is still in Front lot :?

GeoffD

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Unfortunately, a certain Cars billboard is still in Front lot :?
For some reason that doesn't suprise me, it's like a never ending nightmare right now.

If only it could be badly damaged and therefore they have to take it down  :twisted:

But really what is the deal, clearly BVHE or Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment as it is now known have paid DLRP to have the DVD advert in place but how long was this deal and and why has it not been changed????  my guess is that the WDSHE deal has ended, as it makes no sense for WDSHE to pay for an advert that long which is not likely to offer good returns and I know WDSHE are careful with their budgets, I used to work for them in the UK.

Therefore I think the deal has ended and DLRP don't want to take it down yet as the know that as well as deconstruction cost the whole front face of studio one will need to re-painted due to sun and shade damage OR the WDSHE and DLRP deal was crazy cheap so cheap WDSHE don't care just leave it up, cheaper than producing a new huge poster.

Japper

Maybe the billboard will be there till the release of Cars 2 :D (and then the dvd release)

[spoiler:27kgu29g]I really really hope not :([/spoiler:27kgu29g]

Nicholas-c

QuoteIf only it could be badly damaged and therefore they have to take it down :twisted:

*gets chainsaw* :p

to be honest, i cant actually remember what it looked like before the cars poster >.<
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

It used to be the most beautiful part of the original park by a long stretch...

Then:

Then:

Quote from: "131184"Therefore I think the deal has ended and DLRP don't want to take it down yet as the know that as well as deconstruction cost the whole front face of studio one will need to re-painted due to sun and shade damage.
...And general weathering of green moss and worn away paint. The side facing Hollywood Blvd is pretty bad, dread to think what it's like under that billboard. Unfortunately you're half right -- it's still there because now it seems to be too hard to remove it and repaint or remove it and replace it.

Though I believe WDSHE are mainly still coughing up cash because it might help shift even more Cars merchandise... Which is disgraceful firstly because guests pay upwards of 40/50€ for the privilege to walk underneath that huge merchandise billboard, and secondly because the wonderful Cars Race Rally and Toon Studio is better advertising for the film and for Pixar films in general than anything else in Europe. If WDSHE really want some cash, let them build a proper shop in Toon Studio where they will absolutely rake it in, don't fill every available space with tacky DVD posters and film billboards.

If they need to add more colour and Disney characters to the entrance of the Studios, do it tastefully like DLP does with the Mickey Mouse clock. Since DS1 is based on Walt's original Hyperion studios, just make a replica of the famous Mickey Mouse/Silly Symphonies sign:

Something really needs to be done, but what? Can we really, honestly have any effect? It doesn't seem like anyone with the necessary powers has read any of the online forums or websites for the past two years.

Does anyone have a good address we could send letters to? Emails will probably just be ignored.

Japper

Quote from: "Baloo"

Wow, it just looks so beautiful! I really liked the posters of the rides akso It get's you a bit excited to go into the park.

Why not make a petition to get that thing removed?

Captain Pan

Quote from: Japper
Quote from: "Baloo"

Wow, it just looks so beautiful! I really liked the posters of the rides akso It get's you a bit excited to go into the park.

Why not make a petition to get that thing removed?

Now That looks like a Studio, Nice neat, and subtly a WOW factor... Would Love to have seen that when I went to the Studios on an Overcast and cloudy day would have brightened it up for me after the Shower that followed the Princess' Parade.

Now There is a reason for the Billboard if you were to follow what Studios across the world do. I'm led to believe that studios these days the do contain the picture for the latest movie/show on that soundstage within the Studio Building. So the positioning of the Billboard is valid. Yet the picture in this case is not appropriate.

The Cars poster is nice don't get me wrong but having the words Ka-Chow blasted in you year by a 17 Year Old (I did go a little Cars mad at Christmas before we went and bought her several Items including the DVD, and myself the RC Lightning McQueen- It made her stop saying 'But I like the Cookie') It's needing a dramatic Update. WALL-E is needing the advertising Space that
A. Welcomes you into the Studios.... Remember in the WALL-E adverts Pixar want Us to meet WALL-E, So why Not Give Us WALL-E So We Can Meet Him
and
B. Gives the Much Anticipated movie (in the UK its now obtaining several Page Spreads in our film magazines) the advertising it deserves.

Ok... Calm Down... Rant Over... Pan Out

Poppy The Monkey

Ive seen a couple of unapproved plans for studios for the coming months, and in the most likely plan to be approved - the cars billboard is gone!

Bad news- it is replaced by a new round billboard showing Mickey and Minnie! Also all the "studios" will have their numbers replaced with a different image of Mickey and Minnie, for next seasons "theme" which will stretch across the two parks.

Another plan I've seen has studio one returned to it's former glory without a billboard, instead the "love" theme is showcased using the 2 revolving billboards at the sides.