Café Cafés coffee location in Production Courtyard

Started by Riebi, March 27, 2008, 03:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "Riebi"For me a bit sad that the RdS-signs is gone. I loved this sign. yes that sounds a bit silly  :mrgreen:  but it was one of my favorit signs there on the round roof. Very hollywood.

I know what you mean Riebi, I agree with you that the Rendez-vous des Stars sign was quite nice. I've always liked it and I definately prefer it to this plastic sign. I agree aswell that the name Cafe Cafe's sounds aweful.

Kristof

Construction fences have been taken down!  A few pics from WDSfans.Com

Captain Pan

Nice pictures Kristof, thanks for sharing!

pussinboots

Well, could be worse.

Maarten

It is obvious that the Imagineers respected the style of the Rendez-vous des Stars building (at least on the inside; just look at the placement of the windows on both sides of the stand which are on the same height as the exsisting frosted windows for example). It looks quite art deco to me. However, the only thing I really dislike inside the Cafe Cafes is the flooring. Was it really necessary to pave it with these tiles? There must have been a better way to give it a warmer and more permanent feel. The stand itself looks great by the way, I like how they used wood (or at least give you the impression).

Did anyone noticed that the stand features the same style as the action photo stand at the exit of Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast? On the other hand its quite clear to see that the same Imagineers who designed Cafe Cafes also designed the new Cafe Mickey expansion.

Kuzco

That looks quite nice!
Have to grab a cup of coffee there next time we visit the Studio's  :)
No touchy!

Riebi

Two pics from the café in action from mousy.be:

(source: //http://www.mousy.be/9augustus08.html)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Is it still instant coffee? It would have to be if it's Nescafe, I suppose, but it would be odd to base such extravagant coffee drinks on instant coffee.

That silly sponsorship... If they didn't have that contract with Nestle, they could have easily bought an espresso machine -- even McDonald's restaurants have those nowadays.

Ah well, it certainly seems to be an improvement. Perhaps the Coffee Grinder will get a similar menu if it's a hit.

Japper

Ok , in the last 2 pictures it looks nice!

RnRCj

I think "Café Cafés" looks quite nice actually. I'm not a big fan of the canopy - It could look a lot better - but it needs to be there. I see the Rémy sign is gone too. :)

The Butlin Boy

I'm actually quite surprised at how well this has actually turned out, because it isn't actually that bad. I didn't think it'd be that good at first, but the look and the store itself aren't actually as bad as I thought they would be :)

MagicStar

Yeah - looks nice!  :mrgreen:

Thats one of those - "sit-down-and-relax" spots, WDS needs.  :D/
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Kuzco

Anyone already had a cup of coffee there? I'm curious about how it tastes.
No touchy!

Kuzco

Still no-one who had coffee there?
I'm just really curious  :P
No touchy!

never2old

I've been there two or three times now. Personally I like the coffee, I've tried a few different coffees and there were all good (much better than other coffees I've had in the park).

I also had a chocolate muffin (very very yummy), amd last time tried a chicken wrap, also nice.

Nice addition to the Studios, I'll definitely go back again!