Café Cafés coffee location in Production Courtyard

Started by Riebi, March 27, 2008, 03:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Construction fences have now fenced off the covered outdoor seating area of Rendez-Vous des Stars.

Anthony

Maybe it's not a separate food stand after all but a proper outdoor terrace? That'd instantly bring a lot more life the corner, and expand the capacity... They've got similar window coverings to the Café Mickey extension (god help us...).

Riebi

There are new pics ...

... at photosmagiques:

:arrow: //http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/news_updates/news_20-22_06_08.php

and at mousy.be:

:arrow: //http://www.mousy.be/

would be interesting how it looks inside RVdS. Could be a bit dark for the restaurant guests.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Maarten

Quote from: "Riebi"would be interesting how it looks inside RVdS. Could be a bit dark for the restaurant guests.

Exactly, thats what I was wondering to. I still think they should have build a food stand in the Beverly Court facade at the new Hollywood streetset.

Raptor, when is this new Nestlé food stand due to open?

Anthony

Have they ordered a job lot of these horrible metal terraces and plastic canopies?

It's hardly up to the standard of the amazing Hollywood & Lime. I guess it's better than another Studio Catering Co van, but it doesn't look like it'll do much for the restaurant. Will the serving counter take up the entire inside terrace there, or just a portion of it? It seems like a weird idea.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Baloo"Have they ordered a job lot of these horrible metal terraces and plastic canopies?
I guess you were kidding, but it's not even such an unlogical thinking. They probably got them cheap by making a big order. I just wonder if they're custom made or just off the shelf.

Anthony

Quote from: "Remco K."I guess you were kidding, but it's not even such an unlogical thinking. They probably got them cheap by making a big order. I just wonder if they're custom made or just off the shelf.
You're probably right!

It seems like they looked at how to increase dining capacity for the Summer and settled on these new terraces. Made to custom measurements, but I wouldn't go as far as saying custom "designs". :wink:

I like the idea of a terrace, but it looks like Nescafé aren't willing to spend as much as Coca-Cola do. The bare steel poles aren't exactly Art Deco, for a start...

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"I like the idea of a terrace, but it looks like Nescafé aren't willing to spend as much as Coca-Cola do.

Come on everbody, lets boycot Nestlé/Nescafé and it products from now on. At least Coca-Cola is willing to invest properly in our parks! (just don't look at how Cool Station turned out to be)...  :lol: :wink:

Offtopic: Great avatar Baloo! I like it very much!

Kristof

To clarify, the sponsors are paying for all of this.  All the new Coca-Cola stands (including the new one in Disney Village) are fully paid by that company.

Riebi

For me it looks a bit like the normal guests would think Roundez Vous des Stars is the café not the restaurant. Do they change the sign?

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"For me it looks a bit like the normal guests would think Roundez Vous des Stars is the café not the restaurant. Do they change the sign?
That's a good point, it's confusing from that angle with the letters above.

Also, the new park map lists this as officially called Café Cafés, by Nescafé. :sick: Coming soon, Hot Dogs Hot Dogs and a new merchandise store called Keyrings Keyrings.

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"Also, the new park map lists this as officially called Café Cafés, by Nescafé. :sick: Coming soon, Hot Dogs Hot Dogs and a new merchandise store called Keyrings Keyrings.

How inspiring  :mrgreen:  they should develope this in every corner of disneyland resort paris. :lol:

Caseys Corner = Hot Dog Hot Dog
Toad Hall = Fish/Chips Fish/Chips
The Boardwalk Candy Palace = simply: Candy Candy (and at Halloween Sweets Sweets)

even good for attractions:

Indiana Jones et le temple du péril = Indy Indy
Buzz Lightyear laser blast = Buzz Buzz
Phantom Manor = Ghosts Ghosts
The Twilight Zone - Tower of Terror = Drop Drop
and just simple changes for
Rock n Rollercoaster to Rock Rock or Rollercoaster Rollercoaster
 :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Riebi"For me it looks a bit like the normal guests would think Roundez Vous des Stars is the café not the restaurant. Do they change the sign?
That's a good point, it's confusing from that angle with the letters above.

Does this answer your questions?

Source: Disneytheque

Anthony

This was a little weird to see. You're suddenly struck by "whaaa? Do they read magicforum?".

It's not a bad sign to be honest. I'd have preferred they gave the place a bit more of a "story" like Hollywood & Lime or even Kool Zone, though. I mean, you mix Hollywood and Coffee... there's got to be a better pun in there than Café Cafés. It's very lazy. The colours and design match the building behind well enough.

It actually now clashes with the Chef Rémy sign... Unless he does coffee now too.

We've not mentioned here yet that the new park guide actually has a description for the place which mentions "delicious flavoured coffees and hot drinks", so that's new. Nescafé have finally come up with a variety that tastes of something.

Riebi

For me a bit sad that the RdS-signs is gone. I loved this sign. yes that sounds a bit silly  :mrgreen:  but it was one of my favorit signs there on the round roof. Very hollywood.

but ok now we have a coffee corner there. and the rds-sign would be a bit confusing there.