How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bettan

Thank you, hopefully it will be "empty" with no ques when we are in the parks!

Freddiesdad

6th - 8th April   :D
Just like we dreamed it

sarahH

we are going on the 19th and 20th march...hope its not too cold

castawayjp

We are planning our first trip to DLP April 18-21. I'm guessing that since it is Easter week it will be a mad house! But we were at WDW over Christmas last year and we did a good job of managing the crowds. Does anybody know how a busy day at DLP compares to a busy day at WDW?

gldc

Quote from: "castawayjp"We are planning our first trip to DLP April 18-21. I'm guessing that since it is Easter week it will be a mad house! But we were at WDW over Christmas last year and we did a good job of managing the crowds. Does anybody know how a busy day at DLP compares to a busy day at WDW?
Easter is very busy but if you've been before you'll know that with Fastpass you cna get most of what you want done in a day. :thumbs:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Bubbles

Hi this is my first post on here, but have been stalking the forum for a few weeks now  ;)  picking up lots of very useful information/tips.  Please could someone give us an idea of how busy it will be the last week in June?  I think I've seen somewhere that the European school hols start around the middle of June, now thinking that we've gone and booked at an awful time  :(

castawayjp

Quote from: "gldc"
Quote from: "castawayjp"We are planning our first trip to DLP April 18-21. I'm guessing that since it is Easter week it will be a mad house! But we were at WDW over Christmas last year and we did a good job of managing the crowds. Does anybody know how a busy day at DLP compares to a busy day at WDW?
Easter is very busy but if you've been before you'll know that with Fastpass you cna get most of what you want done in a day. :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply! We are Fastpass veterans!

steaphenroderick

Planning for trip in franc on 8th and 10th may it is best time to go there reason for that is it is summertime and in franc may month is busies month for tourism that time you can found many people whose come from different country for holiday in franc specially Paris because it is capital for franc and watch world famous eiffel tower .
seo

gldc

Just thought I'd re-quote this for anyone who's missed the last few pages:
Quote from: "gldc"There's actually a nice handy guide to all the busy/non-busy times here:

http://www.dlpsupersite.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=56

:thumbs:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

Dimi

I have a question about this guide when is the best time to visit.
I got really sad when i read that its so busy during the week before easter sunday - we are going 18th till 22nd - but on this site which u linked it says when to visit :" Second half of March - a week before Easter (April) - getting warmer and low crowds. " , and when not to visit if u want to avoid crowds : "Middle of April to Early May - Depending on where Easter Falls - 2 weeks from Easter Sunday"
I am a bit confused... i wanted to avoid huge, enormous crowds this year, thats why after reading "Inofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris " and this site here we booked 18th - 22nd of april ...

kmara

hi dimi

I am sorry that you seem to have booked a rather busy time! I can't find your actual question though; what you state from the list is in terms of 2011 the following:

" Second half of March - a week before Easter (April) - getting warmer and low crowds. " gives you  March 15th - April 17th (since Easter is April 24th)

to avoid crowds : "Middle of April to Early May - Depending on where Easter Falls - 2 weeks from Easter Sunday"
two weeks from Easter Sunday would be May 9th this year, since Easter is so late. maybe the week from the 9th - 16th would have been a good time to go to avoid crowds.

To me it's pretty clear that the guide from the page you quoted says, that the week before Easter will be busy, esp. since Easter is so late and the Easter Schoolholidased will this year probably start before Easter in many places.$

What I usually do before I book is to check the schoolholidays in all the European Countries, esp. France and all the different dates for special days off and bank holidays and then try to find a date between all these.

Hope you still have a good time at DLP! There will be some advantages too during these days with a big crowd: longer opening hours, less refurb. closures, more rides open (I think of casey junior and le pays de contes de fees), more shows and streetmosphere and so on.
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Dimi

Thanks for fast answer :)

" to avoid crowds : "Middle of April to Early May - Depending on where Easter Falls - 2 weeks from Easter Sunday" "

This more meant if u want to avoid crowds DONT GO in the middle of april to early may -easter sunday and two weeks following- thats why we booked week before actual Easter which is on 24th as u mentioned . Well already payed and we cant do anything about it - i am sure we will still have a lot of fun .
Just wanted to know how busy it will be - is it like in summer crazy busy or just busy ?

kmara

Quote from: "Dimi"" to avoid crowds : "Middle of April to Early May - Depending on where Easter Falls - 2 weeks from Easter Sunday" "

This more meant if u want to avoid crowds DONT GO in the middle of april to early may -easter sunday and two weeks following-

that's what I was trying to say, sorry if it didn't come across.
for me, the essence lies here, clearly saying don't go the week before Easter:

Quote from: "kmara"" Second half of March - a week before Easter (April) - getting warmer and low crowds. " gives you March 15th - April 17th (since Easter is April 24th)

anyway, I hope you'll manage your way around and enjoy it even among more people being there.
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

gldc

I'm afraid 18th-22th will be busy and Easter is usually one of the busier times of the year (Sorry  :( ) The good news is that with FASTPASS you'll be able to do all the major attractions. And you have 5 days - if your spending all those at DLP you'll have plenty of time to do everything several times and meet characters etc/ You'll still have a great trip plus as easter is so late this year you also should be getting some warmer weather than normal.

Dimi

You dont have to be sorry gldc :)
Well we booked we cant change it now- and the only thing left is to have fun and enjoy it even with the crowds - its just first trip there for my mum and my nephew so wanted them to enjoy it as much as possible and without huge crowds - we dont have any public holidays at this time ( poland/austria)  so i didnt think so much- also some strange confusing infos in the book i got .
Thanks for the answers :)