How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alicegwen

Hi
Does anyone know how busy it will be on 4th march til 6th march ???

rocklobster

20th - 23rd Feb.

I know it's UK school holidays - kinda hoping it's not French holidays (but have a horrible feeling it is...  :|  )

Cheers

kmara

april 4 - 7th? any holidays in this week? thanks for your replies!  :D

sorry, can't help on the other ones, but maybe this here will help a bit:

mid march 2010 was okay, not too big a crowd except on st. patrick's day; then there were many people in the parks, but the firework was wonderful!

beginning of may 2008: waiting times around  30 mins for btm and attractions like that. weather was wonderful though!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

princess173

Quote from: "rocklobster"20th - 23rd Feb.

I know it's UK school holidays - kinda hoping it's not French holidays (but have a horrible feeling it is...  :|  )

Cheers

We are also going around that time, and approximately half of France is on holiday at this time (including the Paris area) so it may be fairly busy. However we visited during the October half-term once (when France was on holiday) and we found the crowds very manageable, so hopefully it will be similar.

Quote from: "kmara"april 4 - 7th? any holidays in this week? thanks for your replies!  :D

I know some UK schools are on holiday then, but not all, and French schools should not be out until the 9th April, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure about other neighbouring countries though.

kmara

thanks, princess173! I checked on the other European countries and no one should be on Holiday then; only UK I counldnt check because all schools can make up their own plans (as much as I understand it).
DLP]

JoefromSingapore

Will the first week of October be a good time? :)
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

eduws

We are hoping to go May 2012 so planning is definitely in the very early stages at the moment. Just wondering if anyone is aware of any holidays that would impact on a stay between 21st and 25th May? I"m avoiding the following week as it will be a UK bank holiday and I suspect some schools may be on half her that week too although the schools round here are the first week of June...

benjylovesu2

hi all.

going to disney the 28th to the 31st august this year and was wondering how busy is it likely to be. As i know quite a few kids go back early september is it likely to be really busy or ok

thanks in adbance

xxxxx
Where dreams really do come true

FishyBoy15

Quote from: "benjylovesu2"hi all.

going to disney the 28th to the 31st august this year and was wondering how busy is it likely to be. As i know quite a few kids go back early september is it likely to be really busy or ok

thanks in adbance

xxxxx

Hi There,

I actually went myself at around that time in 2010 and I found it to be crazily packed. 90 Minute waits for Tower Of Terror were the minimum the whole week I was there. In comparison, I went late July the same year (when you work three and a half months straight, with no full days off without getting called in, for a rather large supermarket with a large red text based logo starting with T, you need a few weeks off!) and it was actually quieter then. Obviously, if you use your Extra magic time in the mornings and use the parade/firework showtimes to ride, you should still get everything done with time to spare!

Previous Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: April 2000
Cheyenne: April 2002
Cheyenne: July 2003
Sequoia Lodge: January 2004
Radisson Blu- Disneyland Paris: July 2010
Cheyenne: August 2010
Cheyenne: January 2011

Upcoming Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: July 2011

CyclingMinnie

Quote from: kmaraapril 4 - 7th? any holidays in this week? thanks for your replies!  :D

Most UK state schools either break up on Friday 8th April or have a week either side of Easter - this is set by the local county council as to what they do. You may find that private schools will break up early.
Disneyland Hotel 2006
Newport Bay Club 2007
New York Hotel 2008
Disney World Florida 2009
New York Hotel 2010

New York Hotel 2011

kmara

thanks, cyclingminnie! looks like we're lucky to be there before the big crowds!  :D  :thumbs:  :D/
DLP]

aliscrapper

We're going 5-9 September.  Does anyone know how busy it will be then and also if it will still be Summer opening times in the Parks?? Thanks.

morbiusdog

What about February half term week (UK) ? Its 21st - 25th this year and we will be there from 18th - 22nd. I am hoping that it will be fairly quiet but i am getting conflicting reports from people i know!
Chris.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "morbiusdog"What about February half term week (UK) ? Its 21st - 25th this year and we will be there from 18th - 22nd. I am hoping that it will be fairly quiet but i am getting conflicting reports from people i know!
Chris.
Weekends tend to be busy any time of the year! I would try and take advantage of EMH if you are staying in a Disney hotel and also make the most of fastpass, you will have an amazing time though x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

baldybeardy

hi all. i am new to all this and found this site so so useful and will be spreading the word to all my friends about the world of information contained within. i am off to disneyland paris in 4 weeks starting sunday 13th march till friday the 18th. is this a good time? i have taken the time to check school holidays out in various countries and it looks good. we are a family of 6, me and my wife and my 4 girls, 10,7,5 and 3. emma dee the 3 year old is celebrating her birthday there and is minnie mouse mad so i can`t wait. i think i am more excited than the kids to be honest. we have booked into the hotel new york and have booked 2 rooms. i requested interconnecting rooms at time of booking but should i contact them before hand to confirm. also she took details of my daughters birthday, will they do something special for her?? any answers very gratefully recieved. will be sure to tell everyone what my experiance was like and will post some links to my photos. cheers all.