How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmara

hi baldybeardy

st. patrick's day will probably be busier than the rest of your stay, but therefore you'll get to see the fireworks! were there last year and it was wonderful!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

baldybeardy

great news, i thought i read somewhere that the fireworks had been dropped which was a little bit sad but to be honest i have read so much now i forget half of it. i have my brit guide ready and will read it when the wife has done. i cannot believe how excited we are getting and we are 34!! the kids just don`t realise quite how much fun it will be. we only sold our caravan last november and this is the first proper holiday as a family of 6 and also our first as a family abroad. just can`t wait.

davewasbaloo

Actually, Easter is late jetnet. It falls on my wedding anniversary which we have only had Easter one other time - 11 years ago when we got married. That is why it is wierd. Usually the half term is this week, instead of next. And the Royal wedding is now really screwing with the calendar.
since 2001 (many before that)

kmara

davewasbaloo:
we got married on april 8, 2000, therefore we will be celebrating our 11th anniversary too, this year!  :D  :thumbs:

fireworks:
Oh, I don't know if they dropped them for this year or not!  :oops: I never bothered, because we're not going anyway then. I just had last year in my mind, when I answered.

Still wondering what the crowds are gonna be like during our stay (april 4 - 7); schools in other European countries aren't out yet, but the prices are already on the rise during our time....  we'll see. can't wait, only 47 sleeps!  :mrgreen:
DLP]

princessemily

Quote from: "baldybeardy"hi all. i am new to all this and found this site so so useful and will be spreading the word to all my friends about the world of information contained within. i am off to disneyland paris in 4 weeks starting sunday 13th march till friday the 18th. is this a good time? i have taken the time to check school holidays out in various countries and it looks good. we are a family of 6, me and my wife and my 4 girls, 10,7,5 and 3. emma dee the 3 year old is celebrating her birthday there and is minnie mouse mad so i can`t wait. i think i am more excited than the kids to be honest. we have booked into the hotel new york and have booked 2 rooms. i requested interconnecting rooms at time of booking but should i contact them before hand to confirm. also she took details of my daughters birthday, will they do something special for her?? any answers very gratefully recieved. will be sure to tell everyone what my experiance was like and will post some links to my photos. cheers all.
We are going with our 4 kids to New York too from March 15th to 20th.  We have been twice before for St Patricks Day and it is very well done.  All one year younger than yours!  You should give Disney a ring about a week beforehand to make sure they can get you interconnecting rooms and also tell them of your daughters birthday.  There is a girl on trip advisor who says that they normally put birthday balloons and a card in the room.
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

peter

How busy is it during February half term, Monday-thursday

dory17694

Does anyone no how busy it is from
 Thursday 2 Sunday end of Feb half term

meathjen

Quote from: "princessemily"
Quote from: "baldybeardy"hi all. i am new to all this and found this site so so useful and will be spreading the word to all my friends about the world of information contained within. i am off to disneyland paris in 4 weeks starting sunday 13th march till friday the 18th. is this a good time? i have taken the time to check school holidays out in various countries and it looks good. we are a family of 6, me and my wife and my 4 girls, 10,7,5 and 3. emma dee the 3 year old is celebrating her birthday there and is minnie mouse mad so i can`t wait. i think i am more excited than the kids to be honest. we have booked into the hotel new york and have booked 2 rooms. i requested interconnecting rooms at time of booking but should i contact them before hand to confirm. also she took details of my daughters birthday, will they do something special for her?? any answers very gratefully recieved. will be sure to tell everyone what my experiance was like and will post some links to my photos. cheers all.
We are going with our 4 kids to New York too from March 15th to 20th.  We have been twice before for St Patricks Day and it is very well done.  All one year younger than yours!  You should give Disney a ring about a week beforehand to make sure they can get you interconnecting rooms and also tell them of your daughters birthday.  There is a girl on trip advisor who says that they normally put birthday balloons and a card in the room.

We're going the 13th till the 18th too and friends there this time last yr said St Patricks Day was amazing!

Trip 1 March 2011 Santa Fe
Trip 2 Sept 2011 Sequoia Lodge

disneymad93

Im going from Wednesday 22nd June - Saturday 25th June, is it going to be really busy??? Or is it managble usng fastpass and EMH???
Any information would be greatly appreciated  :ears:
October 1997 - DLP (Very first Holiday!) Stayed off-site
May 2001 - WDW, 1 week, Stayed off-site
April 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
February 2006 - WDW, 1 week, Stayed off-site
February 2008 - WDW, 2 weeks, All Star Music
June 2011 - DLP, 4 days, Santa Fe

Bettan

15-17 of march?

kmara

we went last year March 15 - 18. It was not too busy, but St.Patrick's day was certainly busier than the rest of our stay. Enjoy it!
DLP]

Bettan

Thank you for your answer, have Ireland school-holiday at this time?

gldc

There's actually a nice handy guide to all the busy/non-busy times here:

http://www.dlpsupersite.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=56

:thumbs:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Bettan

Thank you for that link!!!

meathjen

Quote from: "Bettan"Thank you for your answer, have Ireland school-holiday at this time?

No school hols in Ireland at this time, next hol is half term in April.

Trip 1 March 2011 Santa Fe
Trip 2 Sept 2011 Sequoia Lodge