How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophie-th

Ive already booked for the 4th - 7th August. I know and i have read that it will be busy... but can anyone tell me how busy? Will there be really long queues for the rides?
Thank you
[size=150]"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy!"[/size]

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "sophie-th"Ive already booked for the 4th - 7th August. I know and i have read that it will be busy... but can anyone tell me how busy? Will there be really long queues for the rides?
Thank you

Hmmm, August is busy, but because of the long park hours, we find it far more manageable than Halloween, Christmas or Easter. The key is to use EMH and stay late (maybe taking a break in the middle of the day).

We went August weekend last year, and it was not as bad as other times of the year. Worst was Big Thunder at 2 hours (we used fast pass) and Crush at 90 minutes (we went the end of the day where the wait was 20). Most things were 25 minutes or so, and PotC, star Tours, Phantom Manor and It's a Small World were about 15. So it is manageable.

The other thing we do for sanity is we book lunch in a table service for about 2:30 - great break and great service.
since 2001 (many before that)

sophie-th

thank you very much for your advice... i was starting to worry that we wouldnt be able to get a lot of rides in!!!
:)
[size=150]"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy!"[/size]

fly_with_me_dumbo

the 18th july?? when does the uk break up for school holidays?

minimum77

Hi, Were arriving about 5pm on Tuesday 5th April so we should have about 3 hrs that day.  We then have 2 full days before going home.  Is it really busy then or quiet.  Do you think it will be enough time to do most of it.  Any answers very much appreciated.   Only 9 sleeps

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "minimum77"Hi, Were arriving about 5pm on Tuesday 5th April so we should have about 3 hrs that day.  We then have 2 full days before going home.  Is it really busy then or quiet.  Do you think it will be enough time to do most of it.  Any answers very much appreciated.   Only 9 sleeps

It should hopefully not be too bad. No schools are off as far as I am aware. Even the next week, only the UK, Paris schools (but not many others in France) and some Spanish and Italian schools are off. Not the others though!
since 2001 (many before that)

JoefromSingapore

Hello can anyone please tell me what it will be like first week mon-fri of October?  :D
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

gldc

Quote from: "JoefromSingapore"Hello can anyone please tell me what it will be like first week mon-fri of October?  :D
Take a look here>>> http://www.dlpsupersite.com/index.php/1 ... n-to-visit but that's a great time of the year.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

JoefromSingapore

Thanks for the link! I'm glad it's such an awesome time to visit.
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

BobbleBoo

We are going 29 May 2011 for 5 nights.  How busy is it likely to be as after we booked we realised it's a PH in France and also I think the English Half Term.

hootie

Going on 30th May for 3 nights-was sure the british school holidays was week before, as we normally go on holidays this week!! How wrong was I?? Think I remember that it was a holiday in France on the Thursday only though!

Spectrobelle

Monday June 13th?  We have the choice of going Sat, Sun, or Monday the 11-13.  The guide listed a ways back did not mention this as a holiday but my husband's German co-workers say it is a European holiday.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

buzz2801

What are the queues likely to be like in 2 weeks time, ie. Monday 16th - Wednesday 18th May? Eurostar is packed, which doesn't bode well.

stevenlatham01

As far as I know Monday 13th June is Whit Monday and is a holiday for most of Europe. We booked in Jan for June 9th to 14th. Does anyone have an idea of how busy it will be over Whit weekend for rides with a 3 year old?

msboardman

Hi

Does anyone know how busy it will be when we go on 30th May to 02nd June?
Also any idea on the weather? x
Thanks x