Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yiazoo

You mean it will not open on May 28th as they say? it will stay closed until August 31st? Shit, i already have 5 attractions closed during my trip
1998 Dec]

JelleP

Hopefully it's a sign of something more than just a refurbishment...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

DLP-Photos.com

Well let's all cross our fingers for this being a sign of more than just a refurbishment... If they could make this attraction as immersive as the first time you go into Catastrophe Canyon then it could be an amazing attraction. I know they won't be doing this now, but if they could just make the first steps towards this it would be huge in my opinion.

*Will be monitoring this topic*
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

bigrossco

Quote from: "Kristof"I tweeted this yesterday on the WDSfans Twitter:

QuoteDLP has send out a notice to travel agents informing Studio Tram Tour will be closed until August 31th. Typo or is there more to it

I'll try to get more information from my sources.  :)

very intresting since the source I use as a travel agent says
Backlot
Studio Tram Tour - Behind the Magic: Closed 1 March-29 May 2010

last updated yesterday hmm who knows
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Martyn

I noticed in a pic in the TSPL topic that they had taken up a lof of the tarmac around TSPL. It hadn't been there long so shouldn't need relaying already....

Edit: Here it be....

DopeyDad

he he, here it be! That's right Norwich that is :)

Martyn

Lol, ironically, I dont really have a 'Norfolk' accent, and that 'here it be' was mored aimed at a northeners accent! :lol:

Anywho, back to Tram Tour.... :P

yiazoo

Any news guys? I will there on May 30. Will it be open or what?
1998 Dec]

bigrossco

if I had thought and rememberd about it I would of asked Disney when I was on the phone to them on Monday but completely slipped my mind lol
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

yiazoo

Any news? Is it going to open tomorrow?
1998 Dec]

Festival Disney

Quote from: "yiazoo"Any news? Is it going to open tomorrow?

Juding by this image uploaded to DCP's facebook page earlier today that states a queue time of 25 minutes for the STT, I'd say it is back open  :?

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Kristof

It did open judging by photos on Disney Central Plaza.  Catastrophe Canyon has been refurbished and cleaned out, but no other changes.   :)

toritinker

i really enjoy this ride and can't wait to do it again in august!!! I had hoped there would be more changed though....
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

davewasbaloo

It is reopened, and although CC has been repainted, there were no earthquake effects on the tram really, and it was very disappointing. Also the screens were not used much, and 2 cars in each tram were left empty. Very disappointing after a 60 min wait. Hopefully it was just a fluke. You can see RC and the Zig Zag spin from it though :(
since 2001 (many before that)

never2old

We did it just over 10 days ago. As davewasbaloo says, other than the fresh coat of red paint in the truck, not much change.

The screens were working OK for us, though, and the earthquake was good. We were seated in the first car, and they had left the last row empty (I was sitting in the row before last). When the water came down, we understood why... It went straight through the last row, hit the wall behind and came back for us... It took my a few moments to understand  how I got so wet when I was sitting on the far right of the row (so not facing the earthquake scene). For us it was surprising, but I'm not sure what would have happenned to anyone sitting in that last row. That water cames down pretty fast  :shock: