Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Oh, the worst was though, when we started, they stopped us for about 20 minutes, no explanation given. We were just after the station, next to the Toy Story Playland (which was fun for the first 5 minutes, but with all the trees you can't see much anyway, and after a while, we all were bored of it...

Martyn

There must be something wrong with the car, if its letting in such a large amount of water?

never2old

I don't know if they've changed something with the pipes so that the water comes down differently, but they obviously knew it was coming since they left the row empty!! (despite the growing queue)

davewasbaloo

That's not as bad as when they were leaving 2 cars empty on the tram. It was running with 2 trains at 50% capacity.

And then they did not even shake when in the Canyon. Not a good show.
since 2001 (many before that)

DopeyDad

was all running properly last week, full cars and earthquake effect on

davewasbaloo

That is fantastic news!  What happened with the video? We only had the bit after Catastrophy Canyon. Did you have more on yours?

DopeyDad

I can't remember it well enough from before to know if there was any difference, the costume section still ran but of course you're nowhere near the building anymore but It didn't reference the building itself (I think it did before, is that right?) I think to someone who had not been on STT before they wouldn't think anything of it. I thought the Canyon sequence worked brilliantly, Reign of Fire and the props up to their usual, unspectacular standard. Saying that my 6yo Son loves the Reign sequence, but I think that's because he believes a dragon really does live at DLRP under the castle and thought the fire was from him.

davewasbaloo

That is fantastic news. Sounds like we just had a fluke bad ride then.

I think the RoF set is brilliant too. It is very realistic looking. I think that one is spot on too.

dagobert

Good to know that most of the things work. Although STT is not a "real" studio tour, like the one in Universal Studios Hollywood (have never experienced it), I still like the attraction, especially Catastrophe Canyon. I also think that the Reign of Fire set looks great. This set makes you feel like you are in a real studio.

I prefere the WDS version over the one in DHS. I think Disney could do so much more with STT, They just have to add more props from their movie productions. I can't imagine that this would be so expensive.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"I prefere the WDS version over the one in DHS. I think Disney could do so much more with STT, They just have to add more props from their movie productions. I can't imagine that this would be so expensive.

Agreed. The one in Florida used to be better before Motors Action knocked the golden girls house and other sets down, though if it means WDW has Motors Action, then it was worth it. I do think if they added a little more to WDSP tram tour it could be brilliant. It will never compete with Universal California, because that is a massive backlot with 80 years of real movie making history. But still, the one in Paris gives a nice glimpse at how movies are made.

JelleP

As posted on Disney Gazette:

New decorations

[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

_Natalie_x

I love the STT ! I go on it every time :)  I dont see how there can be much problem/expense in Disney sending small parts from old movie sets to Paris for the STT :D  Like in the Blockbuster Cafe in WDS there are high school musical stuff... just small things like that would be a nice sight to pass by on the STT, im sure they could do alot more with it xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

RnRCj

Why have they removed them from Fantasyland and put them here? Seems like a bit of a pointless move to me. Perhaps they're being stored on STT temporarily for some reason... :?:

-breeno-

Quote from: "RnRCj"Why have they removed them from Fantasyland and put them here? Seems like a bit of a pointless move to me. Perhaps they're being stored on STT temporarily for some reason... :?:
Fantastyland?  I thought they were from that area of grass which TSPL now lies on?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

tubbsy

I thought they were from near Alices labrynth-but its been a while since I've been. Still-unusual addition there.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club