Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Natalie_x

Ive been on the tram tour twice in the past year and have never noticed that its sponsored by anyone :lol:
isit not obvious or isit just me missing things?

i dont think its a bad ride, i like it as much everytime aslong as i leave a gap between how long I go onit :P

the mountain bit is my favourite.. love it when that truck sets on fire and you get a right warm blast ! Hahahah <3

Ahh memories :')
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Adam

I think it is a great ride. Of course, it could do with a little more and some new bits, but it is always great to go on.

Especially on a cold day - the fire always warms you up!

montaguewarner

I loved the Studio Tram Tour when I first rode it - second and third times, it quickly became boring and very predictable.

Is the costuming building gone for good? Or is it just temporarily skipped because of Construction? Also I think the real problem is the fact that they are still plugging it as a real working Studio? Being a DLP geek i wouldn't know but do you think people go there thinking that films are ACTUALLY produced there? I love the video at the end with the names of all the Disney Studios - Burbank, LA, then comes, Orlando and Paris! :) haha, Do people REALLY think they are studios and the Tram Tour is going to take them behind the scenes of a REAL studio.

Having been on DHS version i can say it isn't much better than WDS. The only tram tour worth going on is the one in Universal Studios Hollywood! 45 minutes of pure awe at ACTUAL sets, with a few catastrophe canyon style ad-ons chucked in to make the ride a little unpredictable!

As said earlier I hope when the attraction re-opens we are surprised with a new Video, even if Disney Animation Studios could knock something up like Mickey or Donald Duck being our guide! It would make the thing a LOT more interesting and friendly.

I reckon if they finally get rid of it (it's only a matter of time) then how feasible would it be to make Catastrophe Canyon a walk through? I think it would be Amazing! It would a lot scarier not being in a safe tram! Of course the moving earthquake effect would have to be removed but still Since its out of the way, Why not?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

CafeFantasia

QuoteThe only tram tour worth going on is the one in Universal Studios Hollywood!

You hit the nail on the head. The Studio Tram Tour at the Walt Disney Studios is a total waste of time. Really, it's a dreadful attraction. The only thing they have is the tram. There's no studio and there's no tour. It's just a tram ride through car parks in France.

Catastrophe Canyon is still impressive though. They should just trash everything but Catastrophe Canyon, and run Catastrophe Canyon as its own show, its own attraction.

andrewuk

Quote from: "montaguewarner"Is the costuming building gone for good? Or is it just temporarily skipped because of Construction?

The physical building remains, but you won't see it from STT again. Ratatouille will be built on the old tram route and that area of forest.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

dagobert

I've always enjoyed the Studio Tram Tour, especially Catastrophe Canyon, but without any new additions I think they should close it in the next years. If I'm not mistaken, Disney is already considering to close the Studio Tram Tour at DHS.

In my opinion the WDS version is better than the WDW counterpart. At least you do understand what the guide on the TV screens is saying. At DHS even the native speakers had problems to understand the "real" guide.

CafeFantasia

Disney should only keep the Studio Tram Tour if they're going to invest in it, and add innovative new technology to it, like Universal are doing.

At Universal, what you see on the Studio Tram Tour is King Kong surrounding you in 3D:

Whereas at WDS, what you see on the Studio Tram Tour is a fake plane:

RockNRoller

Quote from: "Alan"Disney should only keep the Studio Tram Tour if they're going to invest in it, and add innovative new technology to it, like Universal are doing.

At Universal, what you see on the Studio Tram Tour is King Kong surrounding you in 3D:

Whereas at WDS, what you see on the Studio Tram Tour is a fake plane:

Sorry but I'll take a genuine film prop over a fake 3D monkey any day
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

tubbsy

Combining the both might be an idea. I do think the plane and other props always looked so sad just festering in a wood. We really only ride it for Catastrophy Canyon and the Dragon in London.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

SM:M3

I think one of the reasons it not, well very good, is its almost in the wrong order; you go to Catastrophe Canyon and its like "whoah", and then the next 15 minutes is just "oh" and then you get off and its like, well that was a waste of time

CafeFantasia

QuoteSorry but I'll take a genuine film prop over a fake 3D monkey any day

I understand what you mean. The point I was trying to make is that Universal is really pushing the envelope and doing new things with their Tram Tour. Their King Kong show scene has been directed by Peter Jackson himself, and uses a lot of expensive new 3D technology. Whereas at the Walt Disney Studios, aside from Catastrophe Canyon, all you see are old props left outside. It's a slightly different quality of experience ;-)

luke85

I think that WDS should try and add new props every now and again to the tour to keep things fresh. STT could have been good if it was given more care and attention, like street sets, and more environments. Also I've never understood the point of the Dinotopia set. The Tram parks there and nothing happens, I remember when I first went on STT I was expecting something HUGE to happen and the Tram just sat there... :roll:

Hopefully if there is a masterplan for WDS (pleeeeease [-o< ) then STT will be relocated and majorly plussed to make it a must-do attraction on every visit!

Adam

Quote from: "SM:M3"I think one of the reasons it not, well very good, is its almost in the wrong order; you go to Catastrophe Canyon and its like "whoah", and then the next 15 minutes is just "oh" and then you get off and its like, well that was a waste of time

Good point - perhaps they could reverse the route?

Kristof

I tweeted this yesterday on the WDSfans Twitter:

QuoteDLP has send out a notice to travel agents informing Studio Tram Tour will be closed until August 31th. Typo or is there more to it

I'll try to get more information from my sources.  :)

Adam

August 31st? If TSPL opens on 17th, what are they doing with the rest of the time?