Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

That ride system looks great!

Timbo

Thanks for posting the videos , the Tokyo version does look amazing !! Would not object to a clone of that in the park !! And the sort of ride that would be incredibly popular !!

Anthony

Does anyone know what the capacity it like on Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo?

I mean, this is no Omnimover or Pirates of the Caribbean. There aren't many seats per car and it'll have a much larger audience than Crush's Coaster. What's to stop Ratatouille just joining Crush as yet another WDS ride with a horribly long queue? From what I've read about the ride in Tokyo, it's the first thing they run to when the gates open, with people camping out for 3hrs in line and Fastpasses like gold dust.

Tuvok

Thanks for posting! That looks so cool. Forget about Ratatouille. Give me that Pooh ride, please. I'm in love with that silly old bear. This would fit nicely in our Fantasyland. Preferrably alongside The Little Mermaid darkride... I'll keep on dreaming, though...
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

CafeFantasia

This is hardly new information, but I think the Ratatouille ride will be built next to the Costuming building, rather than replacing it:

dagobert

Does that mean that the STT will run between the costume building and the Ratatouille building? How will Ratatouille be connected to TSPL when the STT route runs in front of the building?

Soap

Quote from: "dagobert"Does that mean that the STT will run between the costume building and the Ratatouille building? How will Ratatouille be connected to TSPL when the STT route runs in front of the building?

A good question! Was thinking about that one myself...
How about a dark, secret tunnel like sewer????
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

CafeFantasia

Does the Studio Tram Tour even go past the costuming building any more? Is that still part of the tour? I haven't been on it in a few years.

Anthony

No, the Tram Tour now follows the same route to and from Catastrophe Canyon (past Dinotopia), with that extra curve to allow space for TSPL. Its days of showing us the wonders of the costuming building appear to be gone for good.

dagobert

It's off topic, but I will not miss the costume building on the STT route. In my opinion it was the worst part of the tour.

I really hope that Ratatouille will get built.

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "dagobert"Does that mean that the STT will run between the costume building and the Ratatouille building? How will Ratatouille be connected to TSPL when the STT route runs in front of the building?

So we now have the answer to your question.

The Studio Tram Tour WON'T run between the Costuming Building and the Ratatouille Building. Because of this, it will be quite easy to connect Ratatouille up with Toy Story Playland, via a path, because the Studio Tram Tour WON'T be running in front of the building.

Once the Ratatouille ride is built, I really hope they demolish the Costuming Building and replace it with either:

- Toy Story Mania
- Monsters, Inc. Ride n' Go Seek!
- Sci Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant (themed to Pixar's Cars)

dagobert

Is it already certain that Ratatouille will be built? Have you seen a plan that shows the Ratatouille building and the STT route?

Anthony

No, it's not certain at all as far as we know. And no-one has seen any plans.

This was requested a while ago, a plan of what everything will look like come 2010...

I'm not sure of the exact curve of the STT route between Dinotopia and the back of Toy Story Playland, but that's about right. I also didn't want to jinx Ratatouille by actually typing it on there -- for any newcomers, we're talking about the big green area to the right of what will be yet another temporary backstage gate.

Don't know about anyone else, but in my mind I'm imagining the corner of Gusteau's restaurant as seen in the film, with a fountain and some Parisian street dressing in front of it. But you never know... they could make it all giant, rat-sized, forced perspective, to follow on from TSPL.

This ride might be a badly kept secret, but for once we know virtually nothing about what to expect.

Owain

Offtopic; Wow, from this ive only just realised how HUGE the costume building is, imagine what attractions your could fit in there !

dagobert

Thanks for the map, Anthony!!

I really hope that WDS will get a Ratatouille based restaurant!!!