Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Yeah, it is very strange that they've taken away those Discoveryland decorations.  Maybe they're cleaning them up properly, or perhaps just altering the colours slightly, to fit with the new look of Le Visionarium?

Here's the Constellations sign Paddy mentioned:

I really like the Buzz graphic they've used, but it doesn't fit very well in that gap.  You can really obviously tell that it's just been stuck in as a replacement, which shows that it's a bad design.  They should have had Buzz in a horizontal flying pose... would have fit the space better.

I think the entrance is looking great though, all the colours look good together and I'm actually very happy with it all now, they've done a great design job, even if they won't get thanked much for it.

Photos are from here btw: http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20060228/

Kristof

Don't like the green letters...

God those murals...  :?

Small plants have been installed.

Best news so far: the return of the neons!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Anthony

Lol - you love those neons, don't you?  :lol:

I think the lime green Constellations sign/logo might look better when it's a bit less dusty.  I think it looks great at the moment though, since the Buzz silhouette actually fits well in that circle.  The main Constellations sign really is a mess though.

I like the plants they've chosen for the front of the attraction, they fit with the others around the land (like the ones next to Videopolis Theatre and in front of the Nautilus lagoon).  I can't explain why they're similar, they just look kinda miniature and oriental/foreign...  :?  :wink:

Anthony

There's a new video from Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters in California here: //http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/gallery/showimage.php?i=3575&c=

Thought it might be interesting.  :)

The Butlin Boy

Kris

Eeeeeew, what's DLRP's obsession with using that damn sign. The neon logo supported by all those poles is UGLY! It's nice that they want to make the advert so big and noticeable, but the location ruins the street and also makes DLRP seem really tacky.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

The actual billboard looks really good, but yeah - the logo looks awful.  They should have used the single-line logo, in white, at the top of the sign...

It's a good spot for the billboard though - apparently it's on the Périférique, so that should mean a lot of people will see it.  Can't wait to see Tower of Terror there in a few years...  8)

Dlrpfan

that logo looks awful! hope they replase it before i do!!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

Photo update:

Click the link for more: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=467

Anthony

:arrow: Laser Blast Email Advertisement

Shame it looks so... rubbish.  Kinda contradicts the upmarket, "chic" style they're trying to give the resort with their main advertising campaign.

kate

you beat me to it ant!!! :wink:

i received this today too!
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Anthony

Shareholders preview dates have been announced:

Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th March 2006!

Private Access on Saturday 25 OR Sunday 26 March 2006 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for:

* 2 Space Rangers per valid Shareholders Club card, after mandatory online registration until 22 March 2006 included, from the web site http://www.eurodisney.com

* Invite two extra earthlings to save the toys universe!
In order to discover the attraction with your family, you will be entitled to access the ride with a maximum of 2 extra guests, upon prior registration.

(Entrances to the Disney© Parks are not included in this offer: your earthlings guests will be able to benefit from your 15% discount at the time you retrieve your own entrance tickets).

Warning: the offer is limited and available according the principle of first come first served.

More info & to register: http://www.eurodisney.com/en/0325.php

The Butlin Boy

Found this whilst searching the internet:

Source: wicketnic, dlrp.fr forum

Anthony

Wow!  That looks brilliant!  I love the colours.  :)

I've been doing a bit of searching myself, and the great construction topic at Disney Magic Interactive has these brilliant photos:

You can see the attraction poster, the different coloured flooring, the new plants and also the new bronze areas they seem to have added to the building supports!  I think this corner really fits in well with Discoveryland.

Fastpass machines.

Fastpass entrance - what's that little room for, under the entrance canopy?  Is it some kind of break room or shelter for CMs?  Seems very strange...  Maybe the Fastpass computers are in there...

The very pretty new queue line barriers!

The Fastpass area.  Notice the silver metal "wires" going from the machines to the roof!  These are obviously just decoration, since the real wiring is in the ground, but they look pretty cool!

What's the guy doing carrying a logo for the ride around though?  LOL

Patrick

Oh my god *hyperventerlating* :lol:  I love it, right Buzz fits in now since those neons are so beautiful :D .  Now Discoveryland has its lights back again so nice to see, good one Disneyland Resort Paris :) .