Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Anthony

Wow, that poster is a bit extravagant isn't it?  :o  :D

The verticle neon tubes are really interesting too.  According to DLRP.fr, they're not really "neons" at all - they're actually some kind of plasma-ball effect, with small metal pellets inside creating little flashes of light that look like electrical current!

So not only will they bring back light to that area of Discoveryland, but they'll be "animated" too!  :o

The Butlin Boy

Here is a small video of the neons in action:
http://reslife.free.fr/11-03-2006/buzz_eclairage.wmv

Anthony

What is this, a disco?!  I hope they sort that out...  :(

flor

Now it fits in Discoland :d

The Butlin Boy

More photos:

Click here for more:
http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=478

Anthony

Wow!  I REALLY like that!  :o  :o

This looks so cool:

And I think all this really *does* fit in Discoveryland... it reminds me of the original Discoveryland concept arts, with all the bright greens, purples, etc. and all the neon lights.

When you look at that photo above, it most definitely doesn't say "tomorrowland" does it?  It looks so so good, and I'm really impressed how much they've spent on this ride.  When it was announced I thought they'd just kinda throw it into the building, but they've really spent a lot of time and money on it...

I still don't like the way they have them flashing though, it looks really cheap.  I just hope they were doing that to test them or something...

Kristof

I'm getting more and more impressed honestly.  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I'm getting more and more impressed honestly.  :wink:
Wow, they MUST be doing a good job!  :o

I'm still confused about the placing of those orange plasma "neon" tubes though... I thought all of the tubes were like that, but now it seems only a couple are, and the rest are blue...  It's really confusing me!  :lol:

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"I'm still confused about the placing of those orange plasma "neon" tubes though... I thought all of the tubes were like that, but now it seems only a couple are, and the rest are blue...  It's really confusing me!  :lol:

Well I'm sure you won't get too confused after you see it in person :wink: , but I'm quite impressed as well with the whole look of the attraction.  It definately does seem to look as though it belongs in the land, shame they could not have placed it anywhere else, oh well I'm still impressed and looking forward to Discoveryland all being open and lit up when I visit, now where has the Discoveryland logo and pillars gone :? .

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Well I'm sure you won't get too confused after you see it in person :wink:
I just mean the placing of the plasma-style tubes is a bit odd.  They seem to be in the bottom two slots of one of the antenna, but then used higher up in one of the others.  It all seems a bit random, I can't work out what kind of pattern/design they're going for.

I'm not sure if we'll get to see it all lit up, not in total darkness anyway, it might not be dark enough when the park closes in April...

Dlrpfan

I really like it
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Skellington

I've done this attraction in Tokyo Disneyland and it's UGLY!
It's ugly on the outside and doesn't fit in Discoveryland and it even more ugly inside!

I want TimekeepĂ©r back  :(
The Pumpkin King

Kristof

The Buzz Lightyear character will do sets in front of the attraction starting 8th April from 10h to 13h and 14h20 to 17h20.

Source: La Rouquine at DCP

Anthony

Do you reckon that's why the entrance is designed like it is?  There's obviously meant to be someone standing in the middle, in between the Fastpass and Regular queue entrances...

Would this explain that odd "room" they've built in the middle there, under the canopy, as well?

I hope having Buzz in front of the attraction doesn't make it too crowded.  They had to have a proper queue for Stitch last year, and I'm not sure where they could do that with Laser Blast, if he's right in front of the entrance...