Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Another construction update from DLRP.fr:

At the entrance to the land, the Discoveryland logo has now been removed.  The new Tomorrowland sign should be in place within the next week, and it's said to feature Buzz as the key mascot:

Haha!  Only joking!  :twisted: This is just the everlasting Discoveryland entrance project, which seems to finally be nearing completion.  It's made a big difference though, don't you think?  Look at Constellations now:

At Laser Blast itself, things seems to be almost done:

I like entrance there, it doesn't seem to stick out *too* much from the rest of Discoveryland.  Those gates they have around the queue with the symbol of a sun on them are really cool - VERY Discoveryland!  :D

It's a shame they've had to ruin it all with this:

I don't know whether they're temporary or not, but if they're still there on April 8th (or 9th), then I think DLRP fans should group together to get them removed...  :wink:

Photos from: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=435

Oh, but to end on a positive note, here's another photo of those nice queue line barriers:

Anthony

Oh, and another good thing - they put the final antenna in place!  (the one on the far left)  It's been missing for months...

Can't wait to see it all lit up at night...  8)

Kristof

QuoteHaha! Only joking!  This is just the everlasting Discoveryland entrance project, which seems to finally be nearing completion. It's made a big difference though, don't you think?

:o  :o  :o  :o   Please don't do that!  I really got scared!  :(

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982":o  :o  :o  :o   Please don't do that!  I really got scared!  :(
:lol:  :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist...  :P

I think those 2D Little Green Men are worse than them changing the name of the land, tbh...  :(

Kristof

QuoteI like entrance there, it doesn't seem to stick out *too* much from the rest of Discoveryland. Those gates they have around the queue with the symbol of a sun on them are really cool - VERY Discoveryland!  

I still dislike the fact that this facade has been put in Discoveryland.  It really does look great, the Imagineers did an excellent job and it's like you said before, one of the best facades for a Buzz ride in any park.
But I don't like the black and lime green mixed with the Discoveryland style.

On the other hand, I got used to the Village balloons too, so next time I'm in DLRP, I'll be having a laser in my hands blasting Zurg to infinity and beyond....

Kinou

The Aliens look better on the construction fences than those ones on the facade! YURK! Get'em OFF!
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Any signs of the neon lights?  :?:

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the pics, I think (and hope) that they take down the blue fencing in the next couple of days.What does everyone else think?

Anthony

Ok, now this looks pretty darn COOL!

Apparently the 4 tubes behind Buzz light up in 3 sections, giving the effect that Buzz is taking off!

They're also getting ready to light up the main logo:

An overview of the area:

I love the way they've coloured the ground, I just hope it doesn't wear off too easily.

More: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=443

The Butlin Boy

Wow it looks great :!:

Kristof

More importantly: they're working on the rigs for the neon lights on the antennas.  :D

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Ok, now this looks pretty darn COOL!

Yes, you're right. It looks really great and I guess it fits in with the neons on Space Mountain, Orbitron and Autopia. It's one of the first times I'm really excited about Buzz. By the way, the statue.. hopefully they will light him up better, because his eyes are freaking me out!  :D

Dlrpfan

I cant wait too see it in realife!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, the statue.. hopefully they will light him up better, because his eyes are freaking me out!  :D
Lol! Yeah, I've been wondering how they're going to light him.  It would have been cool to perhaps have lights inside the statue, lighting up the green areas of the suit, since they should glow in the dark, right?

Take a look at these new photos:
 :arrow: //http://membres.lycos.fr/julienjzr/dlrp/100_1675.JPG
 :arrow: //http://membres.lycos.fr/julienjzr/dlrp/100_1682.JPG
photos by Picsou on dlrp magazine forum

Buzz is lit really well there - you can see his body/suit and his face.  But where is that lighting coming from?  There's nowhere that I've seen lower down on the sign that has lights pointing upwards.  There could be lights in the ground (aerial shot here: //http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buzz29kv.jpg - can you see any?), but then this wouldn't work very well with people walking over them.    Maybe it's just a temporary construction light?

The photos also show that the jetstream from Buzz's wings lights up in green and red (as well as the blue seen yesterday).

Oh, and you can just about see that the logo is now lit up!

Patrick

OK now I'm kinda worried :?

Why has the entrance to Discoveryland decorations gone?

On a better note the neon loops around the antenna's are back :D

and also Buzz has come to Constellations instead of Mickey

I don't know what to think about the taking away of the Verne plaque, maybe it didn't fit, or has it AGAIN gone into rehab do you think?  Seems rather odd something so pinnacle to the land would disappear so close to the opening of Buzz Lightyear laser Blast and as for Buzz instead of Mickey on the constellations signs I'm sure we saw that coming.