Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoffD

this is going to be the true disney theming that the park has been missing. It'll feel like a 'true' disney park.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"Actually the security booth is already on place!!!  

It's true, you can see it in a photo taken by Scrooge on DMI:

:arrow: Link

The Butlin Boy

Dlrp.fr has a new photo in which you can see the new booth and goofy's silhouet at the end of the street:

I LOVE the amount of themeing!!! :lol:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_toon_town_walt_ ... _1133.html

Riebi

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I LOVE the amount of themeing!!! :lol:

Yes it looks realy great! Can´t wait see the finished backdrop and the nighttime version. Will the buildings have lights in the windows?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

shell_ely

can you walk through the gates ? is there anything behind them?  :ears:

Whoknew?

It looks really great, i thought it will be the same type like the backdrop for cars race ralley, but this is amazing. But there's one thing weird. the gate sign says "toon studio" but in the studios direction while on the artwork the letters are on the other side og the sign, wich is more logical of course. i hope they'll recognize the mistake before opening.

Maarten

Quote from: "Whoknew?"But there's one thing weird. the gate sign says "toon studio" but in the studios direction while on the artwork the letters are on the other side og the sign, wich is more logical of course. i hope they'll recognize the mistake before opening.

Indeed, I hope they will change that in time. Besides that, I'm quite curious to see if they will add some Hollywood styled lamps like at Frontlot at these gates. At this moment it looks great already, but not very Studios/Hollywood like. But I assume the Imagineers know what they are doing. I mean, look at what they've done so far!  :wink:

GeoffD

Quote from: "shell_ely"can you walk through the gates ? is there anything behind them?  :ears:

All fenced off still at the moment. Those pictures were taken over the wall.

Nala_84

Are there any news? What about the arrow with Mickey (sorcerer)? I'm so curious what it will look like  :lol:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

GeoffD

not sure, im sure that when something happens we'll see it. It's just a case of fencing thats stopping people from seeing things. Hopefully this will change in the next 2 months or so.

Anthony

Look at the colours!

from http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20070424/

They're painting the red bricks around the canopy purple! (see on the far right) And the nasty columns are getting a white primer too.  Animagique might actually look pretty good then... Only took 5 years... :P

Riebi

WOW!

It looks more and more impressive.

I´m happy that they now color up the columns. Know somebody wich color it will be? I hope for something really sparkling  :stitch_bounce:

The purple bricks looks very beaming! It´s so nice to see the toons enter the studios!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Some more Animagique photos, not much has changed:

More photos here

penfold12

Are we still getting the additions to the Soucerers Hat part of the Animation building?

Anthony

Yes, the entrance statue and sorcerer's hat additions are still planned. I think the spark from Mickey's wand will reach up to touch the top of the hat.

They are leaving it late - either they're slow at doing it, or they're leaving it till the very last minute to do a nice "unveiling" of the entire project.