Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinou

BTW, the old Backgroudn music is back :( !
I think it was a test with the new one and I hope it will return in May.
Hug it out bitch !

mousy.be

The new Animagique building, now in blue

Greetings from
mousy.be

Riebi

Nice to see!

Do they change the color of the red bricks too?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Alain Littaye managed to get his camera over the construction fences and snapped the Toon Town construction (notice the Toon Studio letters).  Great huh!!! :D  :D  :D

More and fullsized photos at Alain Littaye's blog here.

GeoffD

That looks awesome. I must go and visit that (after the initial rush)

Anthony

Whoaaa, so TOONy!!  I thought the wall would look ugly, but it looks so good, and the entrance gate, the backdrop, the lampposts... we're just being spoiled now! This is a million miles from anything else in WDS, bravo WDI!!

It confuses me slightly the "Toon Studio" letters point inwards, but whatever... :) I'm still amazed by how convincing that backdrop is - the design makes it look almost 3D, as if you could keep walking down that street.

The Butlin Boy

Briliant, WDS is finally starting to get some of that magical, disney themeing that it deserves! :)

penfold12

WOW! totaly not what I was expecting. I thought it would be a simple 2d backdrop against a wall. This looks great

Kristof

Look at this wonderful piece of concept art, posted by La Roquine on Disney Central Plaza past weekend.   :shock:

Dlrpfan

WOW!!! that looks great much better then DLC'S toontown
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Whoaaaa! They really know what they're doing!  And looks like another Jim Shull work eh? :wink:

The production schedule is cool, like the one they have at Universal Hollywood I think, showing what's being filmed and where.  And interesting the letters are the "wrong" way round... wonder what made them change their minds?

I really hope we get that security booth now... I can't quite tell if it's on Alain's photo above.  :-k

Kristof

Actually the security booth is already on place!!!  You can't see it on Alain's photos as the view is blocked by a crane or something.

The Butlin Boy

:o I have officially fallen in love with that drawing :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Actually the security booth is already on place!!!  You can't see it on Alain's photos as the view is blocked by a crane or something.
Really? Yes!!  Just the type of themeing WDS needs - where it doesn't have to be there for any real purpose, only to improve the theme.

And do you see the cracks in the wall on the left of the artwork?  Hopefully Goofy's Food Co. is still on the menu too... a nice break from boring old Studio Catering Co. :wink:

Kristof

Yes I did notice the cracks.  You can also see Goofy's silhouette going through the building in the middle.  (that's actually there).

I hope as well they'll include the Goofy car.  They have one at TDL Toon Town were Goofy crashed it against a lamppost or something.  :)