Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

The Nemo ride really does sound amazing!  And I love the name as well - Crush's Sea Turtle Spin.  :D

Even the Cars ride has got me a bit excited now too - the old abandoned petrol station could be a really interesting and spectacular area of Toon Studios, and is very different to Nemo and the Carpets.  I think the beauty of Toon Studios (and perhaps a Studio park in general) is that they can have all these wildly different themes right next door to each other... and it works!

Kristof

The name for the Finding Nemo ride will be Crush's Turtle Twister, at least according to the same Soundtracker on Micechat.  

What do you think of that name?   :?:

Kinou

page 4, already revealed the name back in June, remmeber?  :P
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Oh yeah, that's why it sounded so familiar.  :lol:

Kristof

FINALLY some real concept art!  Pictures are from the DLRP fan event on september 10.

Source M!ke on DLRPmagazine board

Kristof

M!ke has posted more concept art of Cars and Nemo:

It looks like the last one is the building with vehicles coming out!!  :D  :D  :D

Anthony

Whoooaaaaaa!!! Whooaaaa!!!! Seriously, Toon Studios is going to be .. SO ... AMAZING!!!!!!

I can't believe all that stuff about the Crush-shaped vehicles is true!  And the part where they come out of the building - wow!  And the submarine part - wow!  And I never thought I'd say this, but Cars looks pretty WOW too!  :lol:

*Baloo takes a few seconds to breathe and calm down from the excitement*

I can absolutely see WDS becoming a better park than MGM if they continue this way.  These concept arts really show that DLRP most definately are very interested in brand new, totally unique rides.  Well done to all the Imagineers working on this - DLRP's first chance for a cool new ride in years and years, and they've done us proud - like, totally dude!  :wink: (yes, be prepared for a lot of that Crush talk in this topic...)

I wonder who's making the ride though?  It's obviously an actual spinning coaster with dark ride sections rather than the other way round... The way the cars are designed with two people each side facing away from each other makes it look like a Maurer Sohne spinner, but then again it could be a new design from Reverchon or even a custom designed spinner by Vekoma, Disney's long-term coaster buddy.

I read over on MiceAge that they might actually postpone the Cars ride until the future.  At first this seems quite sad, but when you think about it, this unbelieveably amazing-looking Nemo ride would actually do better being advertised just on its own than as part of a wider "Toon Studios" new attraction, don't you think?  If they advertise the land as a whole then people might not get how much of a mini-E-Ticket this seems to be...

Kristof

I agree Baloo!  I'm soooooooooooo excited.  I knew this ride was going to be awesome.  Doesn't matter if it will be a wild mouse or not.  

But I keep on wondering if we'll get an animatronic in Toon Studios...

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"But I keep on wondering if we'll get an animatronic in Toon Studios...
Me too!  It does always feel really odd that there's no AA's in the studios, and I guess if they were going to add any then Toon Studios would be the best place for it.  Unfortunately Turtle Twisters will have projected characters, won't it?  I'm not sure if they could really fit an AA into the Cars ride, so let's keep on hoping they get one into Crush's ride!  It doesn't have to even be a big, complex one - just a small one in the queue line or something would instantly give the park (even more of) a Disney feeling.  :)

Does anyone have any ideas what films they could base future Toon Studios rides on?  They definately want to keep expanding it, and they can put any theme imaginable in there and it'll work...

The Incredibles is kinda inevitable, that Omnidroid-themed spinning ride sounds like it has already been designed even... What actual Disney films could they put in there?  

I'd like to see Mickey's Philharmagic added in a new building, and then the Animagique theatre can be themed into the land and used for big shows like LOTLK...

Anthony

Videos from the "Disney Celebration" event last weekend where the extensive concept art above was released during the "Toon Studios" presentation are now available:

Video 1 [50Mb]

Video 2 [25Mb]

Many many thanks to Kyoto!

The videos include all the concept art above plus some unseen things such as plans of how the rides will fit into the studios and an overview plan of Crush's Turtle Twister!!  It looks like there'll be a small dark ride section at the front before it goes into the spinning coaster "East Australian Current" current section.

I think it's safe to say that the next 3 years will probably be some of, if not *the* best in DLRP's history.

Anthony

Just a very small update (and not as exciting as yesterday's) - they've now got construction walls up around the ImagiNations Building car park, so I guess construction will indeed be starting later this month...

(source: Joel)

Anthony

Here are practically all of the sketches featured in the video...

WDS overview with Toon Studios:

Crush's Turtle Twister

Early attraction poster:

Ride layout plan:

Entrance:

Loading:

On-Ride:

Anthony

On-Ride (continued):

Unload:

Exit:

Cars

Layout plan:

Queue area:

On-Ride:

(source: caps from Zarniwoop on Dlp.info, taken from the videos by Kyoto)

Phew!  There you go!  I wonder if we'll ever see this much concept art released at the same time again?

Take a look up at the Turtle Twister concepts, and you can see the one of the submarine with Bruce, Chum and Anchor - could they be... Animatronics??!  :o

Jorien

Wow this attraction looks really good!!! :D
And indeed you might be right Baloo, they could be Animatronics. Would be nice if they were......

The only thing that really worries me is that i keep hearing the word "rollercoaster". Later on i hear it's a "dark ride", but then again that word "rollercoaster". I really hope it's not something like Space Mountain, but more like POTC. I'll never go in it if it's like SM:M2. :(
If there are a few drops or so, that i don't mind, like in POTC. I also think that if this attraction would go that fast as a rollercoaster would, you might miss a lot of detail of the attraction.

This attraction could be a real success!!

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"The only thing that really worries me is that i keep hearing the word "rollercoaster". Later on i hear it's a "dark ride", but then again that word "rollercoaster". I really hope it's not something like Space Mountain, but more like POTC. I'll never go in it if it's like SM:M2. :(
If there are a few drops or so, that i don't mind, like in POTC. I also think that if this attraction would go that fast as a rollercoaster would, you might miss a lot of detail of the attraction.
Don't worry - the ride will have a clear dark ride section and a fast and fun (but nowhere near as intense as SM) rollercoaster section.

It's looking increasingly likely that the ride will be a highly customised version of Maurer Sohne's SC3000 Extended Spinning Coaster.  If you want to have a look at what the rollercoaster part will therefore probably have in store, search Google for some of the existing examples of the coaster:  "Dragon's Fury, Chessington", "Spinball Whizzer, Alton Towers", "Winja's Fear & Winja's Force, Phantasialand".

I've been on Spinball Whizzer at Alton myself, and found it far from intense (the number of small kids you see riding them is proof of this).  It was actually probably one of the most enjoyable and unique coaster rides I've ever had, and with our ride being placed inside a building and having all the special effects you can expect from Disney, it's safe to say that this ride will be something for our resort to be VERY proud of.  :D