Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Maybe the Imaginations building is going to be used too...  :idea:   I wouldn't mind.  :D

Kristof

Yay!! More news!!  Alain Littaye has tell us something about the new additions to the resort!  Read the message board too, he's answering questions to miceage members!

http://www.miceage.com/guest/gu042105b.htm

Kristof

Look at the drawing on the left.  It's a rendering of the Finding Nemo ride queing line.  I think it looks AWESOME.  

Jorien

Hey that looks good, can't wait till the attraction is there.

Jorien  :D

Anthony

*realises that that's what that concept art is of after all*

*stunned silence*

Even though you can't make out *that* much, it looks amazing!  And so unlike everything else in WDS!  Finally - a queue line for an attraction there that doesn't just consist of a metal pen.

Are those people pointing at something in the concept art, or are my eyes deceiving me?  If so, they could be pointing at the ride itself - maybe you'll be able to see part of it from the queue line?!  :D

I almost forgot the mention the concept art in the bottom left aswell - the entrance arch of Toon Studios.  It's just like a mini version of the main WDS one that's been toon-ed up and painted bright and crazy colours!  Looks great!  :D

Kristof

I've had the chance to make close-ups of the first concept art.  

Notice the Toon Town backdrop behind the trailers.

Wave and surfplank: Stitch meet 'n greet?
The space ships look like the Buzz Lightyear boxes.
What would that sign be, behind the gates?

Notice the mines on the left and the turtle in the queing line of Finding Nemo.
The grey thing looks like the robots from The Incredibles?

Jorien

Quote from: "raptor1982"I've had the chance to make close-ups of the first concept art.  

Hey that looks great. You can see it all a lot better this way!  :D

Quote from: "raptor1982"What would that sign be, behind the gates?

It looks a bit like something for a restaurant, with the menu on it.  :? Or maybe it's something that tells you where to go?

Quote from: "raptor1982"Notice the mines on the left and the turtle in the queing line of Finding Nemo.
The grey thing looks like the robots from The Incredibles?[/i]

Yes it does look like that robot indeed.

Thanks for these pics!

Jorien  :D

Kristof

QuoteIt looks a bit like something for a restaurant, with the menu on it.  Or maybe it's something that tells you where to go?

Or maybe they'll have something like Cinéfolies going on over there with characters or so and this is the shedule for it??  

Anyone an idea??  :?:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteIt looks a bit like something for a restaurant, with the menu on it.  Or maybe it's something that tells you where to go?

Or maybe they'll have something like Cinéfolies going on over there with characters or so and this is the shedule for it??  

Anyone an idea??  :?:

Yeah, it's probably a listing of the times for the character meet n greets they'll have.  Like the Incredibles one we have already, it's very likely the new meet n greets in Toon Studios will only be at certain times.  Hopefully they'll be wise and schedule them all at around the same times, so you can hop from one to another, or maybe different times would be better, in case queues build up?  :?

Kristof

Yay!  Finally some news.  I was reading an article on Jim Hill Media this morning about a new technology that would prevent collisions in the Autopia attractions.  He mentiones that the Cars ride would be the first attraction to feature this.

"I'm told that the Imagineers are initially looking to have this system (or a system quite similar to this) placed in the ride vehicles that are being prepped for the "Cars" attraction which is supposed to go into Walt Disney Studios - Paris as part of that theme park's "Toon Studios" expansion project. Once that installation is complete (More importantly, once WDI gets the chance to see how this anti-collision technology actually works in the field), Hong Kong Disneyland -- which is supposed to have its own "Cars"-themed Autopia up & running before that theme park celebrates its second birthday -- should be the next "Magic Kingdom" to benefit from this brand-new system."

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles ... hp?ID=1470

Anthony

It's nice to get that mention of WDS in there, but this has only added yet another possibility for what this attraction will be.  There are now 4 options:

1. Autopia-style ride with the system Jim Hill mentions
2. Francis' Lady Bug Boogie style ride
3. Aquatopia-style GPS controlled ride
4. Bumper cars

So that narrows it down a bit...  :lol:   It really does seem like NO-ONE knows what it will be...

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

taken from a post by "tarzan" on dlp.info...

All I can tell you is what my guys in WDI are telling me. That -- in an effort of save on development money -- that the creation of the "Cars" attraction for Walt Disney Studios - Paris has been linked to the Hong Kong Disneyland Autopia project. So -- in essence -- the Walt Disney Company gets two attractions for the price of one. (This was why Disney was so quick to embrace the idea of cloning attractions a few years back. So that the corporation could get more bang for its buck.)

That said, one can't automatically discount Euro Disney SCA's input here. I'm told that there are officials within that company who think that's absolutely ludicrous for the Disneyland Paris Resort to have two virtually identical attractions (I.E. Disneyland Paris' "Autopia" and WDS's proposed "Cars" attraction). Which is why these folks are reportedly pushing for a rethemed version of the "Francis' Labybug Boogie" OR "Tuck & Roll's Dodge 'em Cars" instead. So that there can then be some real variety to the resort's line-up of rides, shows & attractions.

Obviously, the space available for these proposed additions does play a huge part in what attraction eventually gets placed where. But I've been told that -- with a not-traditional layout (As in: The "Autopia" load / unload would in one area, followed by a narrow transfer point, while the bulk of the track layout is located elsewhere) -- a "Cars" version of "Autopia" can be placed in this part of the studio theme park.

As to whether that actually happens ... Well, that pretty much depends on who winds up calling the shots here. The folks back in Burbank or the people in Paris. Either way, it's going to be interesting to see how this situation eventually plays out.

Here's hoping that the above note answers your question. Thanks for taking the time to write today. See you 'round the Web, okay?

Best Regards,

jrh

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

To be honest, I really don't think the space there in WDS is big enough for an autopia-style ride.  This means I'd bet on either the GPS cars ride or the Lady Bug Boogie ride.  The most likely, I think, being the Lady Bug Boogie.  It might have a slightly higher capacity/throughput and is smaller and cheaper...

Anthony

As I was replying the to the topic in Blue Lagoon about the"Monsters Inc: Mike & Sulley to the Rescue" ride in DCA, I started wondering what they might name our Toon Studios rides.  We've already got the rather nicely named "Flying Carpets Over Agrabah", so what could they call the Nemo and Cars rides?

For Cars, it might be something like "Driving School", though we'll need to know the names of the characters since one of them will probably feature in the name of the attraction.

Finding Nemo on the other hand could be named anything.  It will probably feature Crush in the title though, since you'll be riding on him through the EAC scene of the movie...

Any ideas?  :D

Kristof

I have to think about this.  Good question by the way!  :thumb:

Kinou

Crush's Turtle Twister

but ussh it's our little secret  :wink:
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

Quote from: "Kinou"Crush's Turtle Twister

That's a pretty good name.  :D

It's interesting that all the new attractions will have English names.  I suppose the American themes mean it fits more, but it's good DLRP aren't afraid to still use English!  I just hope none of the names turn out like weird Franglais crossovers like "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith" or "Armageddon: Les Effets Speciaux".  :roll:  :wink: