Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Woooooooow!!! :o

Now it's really taking shape! I'm getting so excited!

I've been trying to force my parents to take me there when it opens :lol:

Anthony

That's simply incredible.  Just... perfect.

I'm speechless.

I can't wait to be walking around down there amongst the coloured rocks and palm trees!  Image it with more details, bustling guests and area music! Wow.

The Butlin Boy

Grandmath on DCP has some new pics of the Toon Studio:

:arrow: Link

Anthony

Oooh interesting!

I'm surprised they took the construction wall down before adding a fence around the trees. And what kind of style is the oasis fence meant to be? It doesn't look arabian from that photo, it's hard to tell...

I read on DCP a while ago that the placemaking work should have taken just 1 month, but due to various reasons it all got pushed back.  Something to do with the new flooring not being good enough to cover the existing tarmac, so they're having to find some kind of Plan B.

The whole placemaking side of the project seems to have a very small budget.

RnRCj

I really don't think that fence fits the theme of the area...

Kristof

I'm sure they will be themed.  Don't panic... yet.  :wink:

Maarten

Here is a new photo, taken today by Kyoto at Disney Magic Interactive Forum. //http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2107&start=15

It looks like they are trying to make the Tower of Terror less obvious from an Animation Courtyard point of view. A small but good step in the right direction if you ask me. Although I am a little bit dissapointed that a few trees seems to be the only placemaking so far, lets wait and see for more to come... :roll:

RnRCj

Has that photo been photoshopped or something? Look at the shape of the tower in the background. It really thin!

Patrick

No it has not been photoshopped, it's simply covered in white tarps, which in the photo is the same colour as the sky.  But the trees strangely fit in nicely.

RnRCj

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"No it has not been photoshopped, it's simply covered in white tarps, which in the photo is the same colour as the sky.  But the trees strangely fit in nicely.

Oh, okay. I understand now.

This photo from dlrp.fr shows it a bit better:

//http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/toonstudios/221206/toon01.jpg

Dlrpfan

i also think the trees look good where they are
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

According to rocknroller on DCP, the new Oasis area in front of Flying Carpets is now open!  Also, some new conifer trees have appeared near the Willy's Butte rock of Cars Race Rally.

Samninetysix

We were in WDS yesterday 27th and the oasis area wasn't open at that time

Julien

Anthony

Thanks for the photos Julien!

Already I can't imagine the area without these plants.  It's such a small change in Disney terms but it seems to have made so much difference.  The dark red railings look nice too, fit with the gold lamps and give a more industrial look.

Now they need to do the rest of the courtyard... :wink: