Height Restrictions

Started by DisneyM79, February 01, 2016, 09:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy

Quote from: 15stitch on February 02, 2016, 10:22:00 AM
I took my 2 year old on Ratouille last year and he loved it!  I on the other hand came off feeling really quite sick! There are no drops or anything but it does spin a bit.

Crush is quite intense and does spin and drop.  I probably wouldn't take a 5 year old on it unless you were really confident that they like rollercoaster type rides and spinning fast!
When you say it spins do you mean like the giant tea cups or waltzers and we used to call them? lol

stifle

Yes, Crush's Coaster's cars spin freely (and sometimes very fast).

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: billy on February 02, 2016, 12:48:44 PM
I took my 2 year old on Ratouille last year and he loved it!  I on the other hand came off feeling really quite sick! There are no drops or anything but it does spin a bit.

Crush is quite intense and does spin and drop.  I probably wouldn't take a 5 year old on it unless you were really confident that they like rollercoaster type rides and spinning fast!
When you say it spins do you mean like the giant tea cups or waltzers and we used to call them? lol

Definitely more waltzer than tea cup!!

billy

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on February 02, 2016, 12:54:25 PM
Quote from: billy on February 02, 2016, 12:48:44 PM

Definitely more waltzer than tea cup!!

is this ratouille or crush we are talking about?

twentythingamabobs

Sorry Billy - I was referring to Crush. Ratatouille does a couple of quick spins but nothing to worry about.

DisneyM79

wow! thanks for all your great responses and advice, one thing I am sure of, my daughter will only be going on rides that she wants to go on.

I would give gentle encouragement for the smaller rides (but doubt she'll need it for dumbo etc as she enjoys rides like that, but she definitely wont be going on any of the larger ones, myself and my boyfriend don't like rides that spin a lot so Crush's coaster is out, i wish in a way if was more of just a cute ride through the ocean seeing the characters etc, she would love that!

Parachute drop is another no-go, i think she is way too small and i don't think i would feel safe, but the Ratatouille ride looks good! as does the slinky ride and I think she will absolutely love the Buzz Lightyear one where you shoot stuff!

I think me and my boyfriend will use the parent swap quite a bit, although i have been on the rides when i went to Florida 5 years ago so not too bothered about them personally but my boyfriend has never been so would really love him to experience them all!

'Have Courage and Be Kind'

billy

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on February 02, 2016, 04:36:22 PM
Sorry Billy - I was referring to Crush. Ratatouille does a couple of quick spins but nothing to worry about.

that's great thank you that means i can go on both ratouille and POTC.
You guys have been a great help! cheers

rebecca20

Ratatouille can easily be remedied by taking the 3d glasses of children if they get scared. Then its just like sitting in a rat for a little ride :)

Space Mountain is the worst (most painful) ride I have ever been on and I will try anything and usually enjoy it. Indiana is less stressful and scary in my opinion!!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

billy

Quote from: rebecca20 on February 03, 2016, 01:30:18 PM
Ratatouille can easily be remedied by taking the 3d glasses of children if they get scared. Then its just like sitting in a rat for a little ride :)

that is a great trick thank you Rebecca i did'nt realise it was 3d! fab advice

lovindisney87

Yep I agree with Rebecca20 my 21 month old went on last week and wore her glasses the first time and didnt like the look that makes you think your falling downwards however 2nd time she didn't have her glasses on and didnt have as much of a reaction to it, Ratatouille is a fantastic ride  :D My 21 month old was just tall enough for parachute drop and she absolutely loved that one, her dad however wasn't as keen on parachute drop lol  ;D ;D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

15stitch

Quote from: rebecca20 on February 03, 2016, 01:30:18 PM

This might explain why my 2 year old loved it and I felt really sick!   Next time - no glasses for me :-)
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

twentythingamabobs

I love Ratatouille - although the hand part makes me yelp every time even though I know it's coming  ;D

Parachute Drop is great, I've never seen a child coming off it upset. It is really gentle!