Transportation from CDG to DLP and back

Started by shiri, January 26, 2016, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiri

Hi everyone,

Our first trip as a family to DLP is coming up and we've booked everything except transportation to and from the airport. We'll be two adults traveling with a two year-old toddler, and would like to get from the airport to CDG as quickly as possibly, mainly to avoid boredom for the two year-old.

I know we have the choice between the VEA shuttle, a pre-booked private transport, taxi at the airport and the TGV. Could any of you let me know from personal experience which is the best option here with regards to time traveled and whether you need to take your own car seat for the VEA shuttle/private transport/taxi? Also, if you've used a private transportation company before, which ones are reputable? I've googled and come across one or two that seem a little shady.

Edit: Forgot to mention we'll be staying at the Newport Bay, if that makes any difference.  :)

Thanks!

Slimy yet satisfying

We've used Prestige Private Transfer a number of times and always arrived quickly. Driver is waiting for you with name card in arrivals. Helps with luggage and buggy. Pay driver in euros each way. We were 125€ return for 2 plus 2 in a newish merc minivan with dvd player and cartoons. Dropped at hotel foyer and then at correct departure terminal.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

stifle

I usually use the TGV because I fly into terminal 2C which is quite near the TGV station, I don't mind walking a little to the airport station or from Marne-la-Vallée station to my hotel, and I can usually time things well enough to arrive in line with TGV departures. And it can't get stuck in traffic. It does need a lot of things to line up but when it does it's fantastic. You don't need to worry about or pay supplements for child seats, or that your driver won't speak English, or that your kid will be sick. And it's usually way cheaper than taxis/private transfer and moderately cheaper than the Magic Shuttle.

Aside from the walking as already mentioned, other drawbacks of the TGV are that if you book in advance to get the best fares and your flight is late, you may have quite a wait and/or an argument with the SNCF agent about amending your ticket. If your flight is to terminal 1, 2G, or 3 you will need to get an inter-terminal bus or train to the TGV station which will erode time savings. And actually getting a TGV ticket from CDG to MLV isn't straightforward as the SNCF doesn't want to sell them because they take up seats on a long-distance train.

Someone will probably be along shortly to point out how horrid the TGV is and how you should never use it, but I think the above is balanced.

billy

we were recommended iris shuttle, they are much cheaper than disney and supply car seats if needed.
So far all my correspondence has been great with them, we are going out in feb so i can let you know when we get back. friends of mine used them a couple of years ago and said they were great.

Disneylove

I would recommend ezyshuttle, it's €70 each way, and they supply car seats for the appropriate age. Their communication is amazing, they're a local family run business and do many many trips to Disneyland.

shiri

Thanks everyone, you've been a lot of help. One week left to go!   :)

justlikeidreamedit

Ezy Shuttle for us too. Especially with little ones. Service is excellent and all drivers really friendly. Over the years have used all the other methods for getting from airport to hotel including other taxi companies. This is the one we will continue to use and recommend.

caspdex

I'm the one who can't stand the TGV. You should be aware that their can be nearly two hours between trains. I have never known a private shuttle service to charge for car seats. All the drivers we've had have spoken excellent English and have given us a hand with our luggage. The biggest plus is that they will take you straight to where you want to be, not to a station where you have to walk, or get a bus to your hotel.

stifle

Quote from: caspdex on January 27, 2016, 05:29:04 PM
I'm the one who can't stand the TGV. You should be aware that their can be nearly two hours between trains. I have never known a private shuttle service to charge for car seats. All the drivers we've had have spoken excellent English and have given us a hand with our luggage. The biggest plus is that they will take you straight to where you want to be, not to a station where you have to walk, or get a bus to your hotel.
Well, thanks for doing your disagreeing in a polite and civilized manner this time. It is always a case of weighing up the costs and benefits and as I tend to travel alone or with my wife, there's a very substantial price difference (€90 each way on average for a transfer against €18 per guest on TGV when booking ahead).

caspdex

Quote from: stifle on January 27, 2016, 06:33:21 PM
Quote from: caspdex on January 27, 2016, 05:29:04 PM
Well, thanks for doing your disagreeing in a polite and civilized manner this time. It is always a case of weighing up the costs and benefits and as I tend to travel alone or with my wife, there's a very substantial price difference (€90 each way on average for a transfer against €18 per guest on TGV when booking ahead).
I'm just glad that you pointed out that their are drawbacks with the TGV, which is all I really want instead of a blanket statement that it is the best way of transferring.

rocker

I concur with Slimy. I used Prestige & they were excellent, exactly as he described & the driver spoke perfect English.
http://www.isprestige.com
Great for going from CDG to DLP. 

On the way back, you have the TGV option.  I'd never use the TGV from the airport to the parks because flight delays, immigration queues & luggage retrieval make it hard to predict timings & you can be left with a long wait or a missed train  >:(

On the way back to the airport, TGV makes perfect sense as you can get yourself to the station without the above mentioned time variance factors & be at the airport on 10 minutes & for less money  :)