Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao

Ahh guys this sounds so frustrating ):
Just to specify though, what exactly is their "summer season" does it only go from june-september? Because I'm going to re-audition (well, hopefully) in June for character/performing roles and I can work till like november do you think they will give me a chance at all? It seems rather like they have so many people on waiting lists I kind of expect them to say "sorry no auditions any more" or something which would be the most devastating thing for me ): . I feel so sad for everyone who can't get a summer contract. I hope to at least have somewhat of a chance in the character department but these messages make me quite down-hearted.
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

adam3

In the same situation as many others, talent pool since jan and applied for ride operator job with a pretty good standard of French (the interviewer actually commented my level of french..) I am also still to receive any email.It seems strange though that some people were told to ring up whilst others weren't. I would've accepted losing out on a job to better/more suitable candidates or even on a first come first served basis of those who applied first, but from what I've read they just seem to have sporadically sorted it out..I literally don't understand how the recruitment people have made such a mess of things. The application form said for summer contracts July and August are obligatory so why did they not mention anything about september at the start, so people could've known. If I did get a contract for september, I'd be tempted to accept it and risk leaving when you want. They've messed you around for long enough..
My only  hope is that people who haven't received any email are still being considered, reading through this forum, not many people seem to have said anything about operator jobs?
Love the magic of Disney, always keeping you in suspense..

sineadlemonade

@mackattack and @Deirdre, do you think this means everyone who hasn't heard anything will automatically be kept on the database, or do you think I need to email them to let them know I'm still interested? I just don't want to annoy them haha.

congratulations everyone who heard, you'll all be starting so soon ahh! :)

chlodog91

I am going slightly crazy, I've heard nothing. I put ticketing as my preference though, and I've not seen anyone on here who has a contract for ticketing? I have fairly advanced French (I'm coming to the end of my year abroad, I spent 5 months studying in Strasbourg) so I'd have thought I would be in a fairly good position. But maybe not :( I've sent them another email...but not holding out much hope now.

Cendrillon

@mackattack, what address did you send the email to?

Does anyone know how long you stay in the talent pool for? I originally only said I was available for summer, but now that those contracts have been and gone, I'm considering letting them know I would be available for Halloween/Christmas/Easter. Does anyone know if it's just a matter of emailing, or do you need to go through the whole process again?!

WendyDarling

@Cendrillon I would say you just need to email them :)

DisneyHolli

Quote from: "hadarw"
Quotehey , um not really.. ( its all how they feel on the day, iv been to 4 auditions, once i was ignored the other 3 times i was looked at/ put into makeup) >_< are you a dancer? x just work on technique , perfecting ! make sure when you go through the routine, you are doing it as well as you possibly can. I am not a dancer, so i really cant help you :( just remember to smile ! ^^ just enjoy your self!  and dont fall at the animation stage! "THINK BIG MOMENTS" .. just be your self! but dnt annoy people ^^ its a difficult situation really, iv never been to an audition in Pairs. BUT good luck! x

hey, so yes i'm a dancer :-) I've been dancing and performing for a long time..
Thank you so much for helping! i'm really trying to prepare myself well cause i won't be able to fly again to another audition, it's to expensive...
I hope you don't mind if i'll ask you some more questions :-)
*when you said "work on your technique", did you mean classical technique like ballet or some thing else?
*what are like the people who come to the audition? are they good dancers?
*Did you do something different at the last 3 auditions then the first one, so they won't ignore you?
*and what did you mean by "put into makeup"? is that another stage at the audition?
that's it for now... i hope it's not to much :oops:
 and thank you again :-)

Hello, i mean work on "perfecting" the way you dance.. the dance i learnt was VERY "technical" ..but for a dancer, with a movement memory it would be natural to pick up the dance! just remember its all about smiling too x  Some of the dancers  are good yes! if you are not a suitable " face character" your dancing MUST be perfect.. they are looking for all the dancers to dance the same, THEY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR SOLO ARTISTS X so just try to express your determination in your smile. Um i think the casting director wasnt interested, i smile alot so this is how he noticed me, and the other times i was very tired ( as i work late hours) so when it came to the dance section, i was very slow. When i say "put into makeu - up " i mean that i passed the dance and animation section, and then was considered as a "face character" ( cinderella ) so they took me and 20 others into a room and put makeup on me , and decided if i looked like a princess... sadly i didnt look like what they were looking for, BUT not many people get this opportunity to get this far in the audition, only about 20-30 people. This is the stage where they hand out contracts on the day, all the other dancers that pass the audition will be PUT ON TO A WAITING LIST, and contacted when a position is perfect for them, I am currently on the waiting list now x Still waiting :( Also another thing about the audition,there is a section called " animation" .. it is before the dance section..this is where they figure out whether you are " Disney worthy" .. they will ask you to improvise as different characters for a set amount of counts. In this section they are really looking how you express the characters physically, be big with your movements,  they are also looking for experimental facial expressions... make sure all the characters you are asked to portray look different from each other.. this is how you will be noticed.  REMEMBER INDIVIDUALITY WITH YOUR CHARACTER IMPROVISATIONS ! : IF YOU THINK SOMEONE IS COPYING YOU.. CHANGE WHAT YOU ARE DOING X ALSO HAVE BIG , CLEAR MOVEMENTS,  AND SMILE ! X They will ask you to improvise as a cow boy, a pirate,, one of the seven dwarfs as villain , a princess, and finally to exit the space as your self. This is the movement and acting styled section of the audition ( called animation IT WILL HAPPEN BEFORE THE DANCE, SO DONT FALL DOWN ! JUST REMEMBERED BIG, CLEAR MOVEMENTS) , being a dancer will help, as you will be able to stay to a beat with the music.. and use your physicality to its maximum ability !

Some more tips -
Most people at the audition are going to be bitchy - just rise above it ! . be polite, and talk to people ^^ ! remember what disney are looking for ... NEVER BE SCARED TO LOOK STUPID WHEN DANCING OR IMPROVISING... THE MORE STUPID YOU LOOK... the clearer and funnier your performance is !
SMILE SMILE SMILE !
Hope this helps xxx <3
Good Luck with everything x <3 please tell me how its goes ! x
Hopefully one day il get my call x :( x

mackattack

@Cendrillon I emailed them at mailto:dlp.casting@disney.com">dlp.casting@disney.com. They are very good to reply, both times I emailed them they replied the next day before 2pm. I would say just email them to say that you are disappointed about summer but you'd still like to be considered for xmas! :D

Hope this answers your question too @sineadlemonade

sineadlemonade

@mackattack yes it does thankyou :) just sent off my email earlier this evening! fingers crossed!

Tiffanyfinsy

Waiting............waiting...waiting......... [-o<
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

hadarw

QuoteHello, i mean work on "perfecting" the way you dance.. the dance i learnt was VERY "technical" ..but for a dancer, with a movement memory it would be natural to pick up the dance! just remember its all about smiling too x  Some of the dancers  are good yes! if you are not a suitable " face character" your dancing MUST be perfect.. they are looking for all the dancers to dance the same, THEY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR SOLO ARTISTS X so just try to express your determination in your smile. Um i think the casting director wasnt interested, i smile alot so this is how he noticed me, and the other times i was very tired ( as i work late hours) so when it came to the dance section, i was very slow. When i say "put into makeu - up " i mean that i passed the dance and animation section, and then was considered as a "face character" ( cinderella ) so they took me and 20 others into a room and put makeup on me , and decided if i looked like a princess... sadly i didnt look like what they were looking for, BUT not many people get this opportunity to get this far in the audition, only about 20-30 people. This is the stage where they hand out contracts on the day, all the other dancers that pass the audition will be PUT ON TO A WAITING LIST, and contacted when a position is perfect for them, I am currently on the waiting list now x Still waiting :( Also another thing about the audition,there is a section called " animation" .. it is before the dance section..this is where they figure out whether you are " Disney worthy" .. they will ask you to improvise as different characters for a set amount of counts. In this section they are really looking how you express the characters physically, be big with your movements,  they are also looking for experimental facial expressions... make sure all the characters you are asked to portray look different from each other.. this is how you will be noticed.  REMEMBER INDIVIDUALITY WITH YOUR CHARACTER IMPROVISATIONS ! : IF YOU THINK SOMEONE IS COPYING YOU.. CHANGE WHAT YOU ARE DOING X ALSO HAVE BIG , CLEAR MOVEMENTS,  AND SMILE ! X They will ask you to improvise as a cow boy, a pirate,, one of the seven dwarfs as villain , a princess, and finally to exit the space as your self. This is the movement and acting styled section of the audition ( called animation IT WILL HAPPEN BEFORE THE DANCE, SO DONT FALL DOWN ! JUST REMEMBERED BIG, CLEAR MOVEMENTS) , being a dancer will help, as you will be able to stay to a beat with the music.. and use your physicality to its maximum ability !

Some more tips -
Most people at the audition are going to be bitchy - just rise above it ! . be polite, and talk to people ^^ ! remember what disney are looking for ... NEVER BE SCARED TO LOOK STUPID WHEN DANCING OR IMPROVISING... THE MORE STUPID YOU LOOK... the clearer and funnier your performance is !
SMILE SMILE SMILE !
Hope this helps xxx <3
Good Luck with everything x <3 please tell me how its goes ! x
Hopefully one day il get my call x :

Wow! Thank you again! Really i mean it! It's so helpful to know ahead what the auditions are going to look like:-)
It's so great that you got to go to make up, it's such an amazing experience! I hope they'll call you soon!!!
I'm going to keep practicing for the animation part. I'm watching all the videos of the parades at YouTube so i could learn the movements of the characters... I hope that would help a little bit...
Good luck and keep me posted!

Cendrillon

@mackattack: Awesome, thanks for that! Haha, I guess we just have to sit back and play the waiting game all over again now!

Did you email them in English?

Same question for you, @sineadlemonade!

sineadlemonade

@cendrillon i emailed them in french, and got the exact same reply as mackattack! they asked me whether i'd be interested in Halloween or Christmas, and i sent back my reply yesterday evening, however who knows if/when they'll read it as it's now the weekend!
i think i'll wait til around September time then email them if i haven't heard anything by then :) and so it begins again!

LanaL

Hi! :)
Does anybody know travel costs between home country and France only one way will be reimbursed or both ways? "Reimbursement will be a maximum of 152.44 euros at the end of the seasonal contract."

mackattack

@Cendrillon The first time I emailed them in English but when I got a french reply, I emailed them back in French! :D