Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadarw

Hi:-)
I have a question...
If i want to go to the audition in London, do i have to apply online or can i just come?
Cause i just notice that the audition in Paris will be conducted in French with some English translation...
and i don't know French...
so i really considering switching to England but i don't know how to do it...

gldc

Quote from: "LanaL"Hi! :)
Does anybody know travel costs between home country and France only one way will be reimbursed or both ways? "Reimbursement will be a maximum of 152.44 euros at the end of the seasonal contract."

152.44 in total for the return,
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

assinistra

Quote from: "phoebe1"Retry! I've just called them and it worked! I start on the 23rd June! Congrats to everyone!

Hey. Me too, I called them on 14th of May, and I got a CDI contract from 23th of June but I haven't got my contract yet by mail... what about you and the others who's the same situation? I just started being worried about that!:S

stephaniedisney

Quote from: "hadarw"Hi:-)
I have a question...
If i want to go to the audition in London, do i have to apply online or can i just come?
Cause i just notice that the audition in Paris will be conducted in French with some English translation...

All the auditions and interviews (even on the phone) are conducted in French anyway, at least in Spain they are. But you shouldn's be scared, most of the people I know who auditioned where not that good in French and they managed to understand.

morjen

Quote from: "assinistra"
Quote from: "phoebe1"Retry! I've just called them and it worked! I start on the 23rd June! Congrats to everyone!

Hey. Me too, I called them on 14th of May, and I got a CDI contract from 23th of June but I haven't got my contract yet by mail... what about you and the others who's the same situation? I just started being worried about that!:S

Hey well on the email doesnt it say contracts will be sent out next week? and she said that on the phone to me...so if you dont get them this week THEN panick! :)

morjen

*panic

Tink_22

Quote from: "hadarw"Hi:-)
I have a question...

it's an open audition call so you just turn up, you don't have to apply. Don't forget to take your cv though  ;)

Nao

So guys I was turned down when I sent them my CV. They say they don't have positions that fit my profile at this time. Also they said something about if you're interested to work here in the future upload your CV and pictures when you can work for 6 or more months which I thought was a bit confusing, I might mail them back just to ask what they meant. I don't think I will go to the London auditions or anything, I feel like if they turned me down both at the audition and with the application for the Paris audition they probably don't have roles that they see me in so I don't feel any need to try to push my way in or anything haha. I think they've got loads of people for the summer and I could only work until like the end of November so I kind of understand. Plus I have a generic Disney-fur character-height I THINK haha so I bet they have too many people my size on the waiting list and in the parks already ^^""

I'm really sad because I don't know when in my life I will get the chance to have so many months off so I can work there, but I think I will try again next year if I don't get into my school(s) of choice so... Who knows, who knows. But my 2012 plan has come to an end, which is sad beyond words for me, I really had hoped it would work out. I guess "work as a performer in Disneyland" will have to stay un-ticked on my bucket-list for some time now, although it will remain a dream of mine.

But now I don't have any idea what to do in the first half of my gap year, I'm slightly panicking haha.

Good luck to everyone, I'll still check back here now and then haha to see how everyone's getting on :)
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

adunne5

Hey, just wondering does anyone know what the story with pay is? Is it monthly or a lump sum when you finish your contract? I'm leaving tomorrow and just heard from someone that they think we only get paid at the end of December! My contract ends september 30. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

Tink_22

Quote from: "adunne5"Hey, just wondering does anyone know what the story with pay is? Is it monthly or a lump sum when you finish your contract? I'm leaving tomorrow and just heard from someone that they think we only get paid at the end of December! My contract ends september 30. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

it's monthly from what I understand. At least that's how it usually works when you get a job in France. If I am wrong, someone please correct me...

gldc

Quote from: "Nao"I guess "work as a performer in Disneyland" will have to stay un-ticked on my bucket-list for some time now, although it will remain a dream of mine.
I met a 60/65 year old lady who said it had been her dream to work at Disneyland since it opened in California in 1955, almost 60 years later there she was working for 2 weeks at Disneyland Paris alongside the other cast members... there's always some time - if you're meant to do it, it'll happen.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Bee_26

Hey Everyone :)
Just been reading all the pages on this forum (took a very long time!!!) and I am auditioning for DLP on 16th July in London, and just wondered if anyone else was going to these auditions? :)

MJLiisu

Quote from: "Tink_22"
Quote from: "adunne5"Hey, just wondering does anyone know what the story with pay is? Is it monthly or a lump sum when you finish your contract? I'm leaving tomorrow and just heard from someone that they think we only get paid at the end of December! My contract ends september 30. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

it's monthly from what I understand. At least that's how it usually works when you get a job in France. If I am wrong, someone please correct me...

Yup, u r right! That's how it works in Disney also. While u work there, they should always pay u in the beginning of a new month ( last time I started working there in the middle of June so I got my first paycheck after two weeks in the beginning of July). Although after u leave Disney it can take them some months to send all  the checks for refunds( like 152 euros for tickets plus last month's bus refund) and also the check for the extra hours u did during ur last month.

Tink_22

thanks for confirming ;)

Nao

Quote from: "gldc"
Quote from: "Nao"I guess "work as a performer in Disneyland" will have to stay un-ticked on my bucket-list for some time now, although it will remain a dream of mine.
I met a 60/65 year old lady who said it had been her dream to work at Disneyland since it opened in California in 1955, almost 60 years later there she was working for 2 weeks at Disneyland Paris alongside the other cast members... there's always some time - if you're meant to do it, it'll happen.

Thank you for the motivational words. I really do want to work there one day, in fact I almost feel like I might go to the London auditions just to see if there is any way I can change their mind although I doubt it haha. But there is a super high chance I won't get into my school of choice next year anyway so then there will be another chance for me to work in Disney as well (if they let me that is, of course).
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]