Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renado

But you know, this is awful, there are HUNDREDS in our situation and they shouldn't have treated people like this... were we naive ? During my interview the recruiter was so positive, saying that of course we would get jobs... aha !

Xenia

I am extremely angry, they are unprofessional.

wano

just rang again no jobs available! am so disappointed! I am on a waiting list but doesnt look hopefully don't really understand why we all got contracts if they couldn't hire us all?

ilovedisney123

Really really angry- I've been waiting for them to contact me since bloody November when I did the interview and got accepted into the talent pool! And now I phone up to be told there are no jobs left! It's ridiculous.

Cendrillon

Quote from: "NaeBad"I've not actually received an email about a contract.  I was hoping that they'd be sending out more contracts by email today or tomorrow, possibly for restuarants?  Does this mean that all jobs are taken completely?  I have retail and bar experience and my French is reasonably good, I don't understand how they are selecting people for jobs?

I'm in the same position - retail experience, good French, decent Italian, and been in the pool since November - but I didn't get an email either. I just wonder how they've selected candidates, because if I apply again I'd love to be able to improve my application and stand a better chance. It's so disappointing.

Everyone who got the email on Friday, did you all say you were available throughout September?

Deirdre

Must we reapply next year if we want for next Summer or does or application stand?

morjen

Quote from: "Cendrillon"
Quote from: "NaeBad"I've not actually received an email about a contract.  I was hoping that they'd be sending out more contracts by email today or tomorrow, possibly for restuarants?  Does this mean that all jobs are taken completely?  I have retail and bar experience and my French is reasonably good, I don't understand how they are selecting people for jobs?

I'm in the same position - retail experience, good French, decent Italian, and been in the pool since November - but I didn't get an email either. I just wonder how they've selected candidates, because if I apply again I'd love to be able to improve my application and stand a better chance. It's so disappointing.

Everyone who got the email on Friday, did you all say you were available throughout September?

To be honest I think they must have done it at random, I didnt say I was free throughout September but when I got the email was definatley willing to stay until September. Im on waiting list now but Im sure that thats basically a no

AbiMarsh

Quote from: "Cendrillon"

I got an email on Friday for work in the boutique and at my interview I said I could only work til the end of august and when I phoned she said there were no jobs to fit my dates so I'm not sure why they sent me a contract in the first place/why they didn't tell us at the interviews that we'd have to work til september 30th!

Cendrillon

Fair enough! Well, congratulations to everyone for being offered something in the first place, and for everyone who didn't manage to get something - our time will come eventually, I'm sure!

ilovedisney123

The guy I spoke to earlier just called me and offered me a job in what sounded like 'stock'- so i guess working in a stockroom in a boutique. The job starts on the 15th June!!!

chachaaa

Quote from: "ilovedisney123"The guy I spoke to earlier just called me and offered me a job in what sounded like 'stock'- so i guess working in a stockroom in a boutique. The job starts on the 15th June!!!
Congrats! did you just call earlier and did they say no? SOOO JEALOUS! you'll be starting a month tommorow  :D

AbiMarsh

Quote from: "ilovedisney123"The guy I spoke to earlier just called me and offered me a job in what sounded like 'stock'- so i guess working in a stockroom in a boutique. The job starts on the 15th June!!!

Thats great! Congrats! Are you working til the 30th September?

gldc

Quote from: "adunne5"I got through after trying about 20 times. They said there was no boutique jobs left so I got offered a waitressing job at the Wild West restaurant! Did anybody else get offered that place? I leave next week, so soon!
This is a fun job! Waitressing and animating the crowd. All my friends did this and for the most part they loved it! Only evening work as well so good for morning lie ins.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

morjen

Congrats! also very jealous! can I ask you though, when I got through earlier, they said they would email me but they seem to be doing it all by phone, should I ring back and give my phone number just in case?

hadarw

Quotehey ^^ yeh i really do think there are ALOT of people waiting.... think.. there all on the waiting list for 6 months.. theres   been about 5 auditions since i did mine! and there was people before me , who were waiting :( x they just know what there looking for, and i really think there looking for face characters... obvs they have to dance .
hopefully one day <3 this is my second time on the waiting list
good luck with your Paris audition. are u from the uk?

I'm from Israel...
It's really expensive to come to paris for the audition, but i'm going to do it anyway... it's my dream...
so i have just one shot and to be good. I can't afford another audition...
That's way i have to come prepared, and i would really appreciate any info about what's going on inside the audition? what are they looking for? is there anything i can do in order to prepare myself for the audition?