Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luxray

Congrats to everyone that's got an interview & good luck! :)

mackattack

Quote from: "luxray"Congrats to everyone that's got an interview & good luck! :)
Thanks Luxray! So exciting..:)

evie1234

Quote from: "tanya13"
Quote from: "evie1234"Would anyone who has already been through an interview please be able to tell me a little bit about what to expect? I have a Skype interview later this month...I'm so nervous as I've never even had a proper interview before! How good will my French have to be? And what are they likely to ask me? Any advice would be a massive help :) Thank you in advance! Also, good luck to everyone waiting to hear about Easter contracts :) xxx

Hello, this isn't really much help, but just thought I'd post anyway...I have a skype interview next week and I have absolutely no idea what to expect! I don't know whether it will all be in French/English - or how good they will expect our French to be? And I have no idea on questions! I've never known anyone work for disneyland paris or have a skype interview! xx

We're both in the same situation then! My interview is Wednesday :S I'm really nervous! What level of French do you have? I'm doing Advanced Higher French in Scotland, so like A2 level, but I'm not a very confident speaker :/ Which job would you most like (presuming you got that list of jobs they attached?)? I'd love to work in the boutiques or as a receptionist in a hotel...I have experience in both of these areas, so I hope that will be a plus... There are some ideas in this forum, further back, about questions they might ask...I'm just going to use that as a base and revise some answers in French, and useful phrases, just to make sure. I think it's stuff like what job do you want to do, why do you want to work at disney, when can you work, etc etc...

Good luck!

tanya13

Quote from: "evie1234"quote="evie1234"]

We're both in the same situation then! My interview is Wednesday :S I'm really nervous! What level of French do you have? I'm doing Advanced Higher French in Scotland, so like A2 level, but I'm not a very confident speaker :/ Which job would you most like (presuming you got that list of jobs they attached?)? I'd love to work in the boutiques or as a receptionist in a hotel...I have experience in both of these areas, so I hope that will be a plus... There are some ideas in this forum, further back, about questions they might ask...I'm just going to use that as a base and revise some answers in French, and useful phrases, just to make sure. I think it's stuff like what job do you want to do, why do you want to work at disney, when can you work, etc etc...

Good luck!

Yeah! My interview is on Wednesday too, at half past four! Me too! Well I'm in my second year at University (in England) and I do French and Translation Studies, but I'm not a very confident speaker either. But I've heard that you can do these jobs with GCSE French so we should be fine :) and yeah I'd like to work in the boutiques or as a receptionist too! But I think the receptionists need another language as well as French and English and I don't have one, I've done a bit of Spanish but not much at all! Yeah I have experience working in a shop too :) ohh really?! I couldn't find those! ah that should be okay then :)

gldc

Quote from: "Flounder042"
Quote from: "gldc"I know two people who've had offers for easter contracts - one on rides and one in restaurants.

Eagerly waiting for mine, cant live without being there for the 20th - need to go back!

hey :) do you know when these people were offered the contracts and when they auditioned/went to a casting??

I'm going out of my mindddd waiting... my uni's soooo not happy either :( :(

One is french so just before christmas the other was interviewed ages ago. No one else has a contract that i know of though and theres a good dozen of us waiting! So there's still lots of time.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Nao"@Tiffanyfinsy Ohh I see, that's how it is then. Well I'll be grateful if you would let me know yes :) in the mean-time I'll just send my CV off to Paris. I'm in my final year of high school which means loadssss of exams and dates that are impossible for me so just imagine the Dutch audition being in a week of exams and me not having sent a CV in time to Paris to apply for the March or April auditions that would be awful haha. It's so hard for me to plan around the auditions because the dates are usually not public unless it's in London (or a "Talent Casting"-type audition) for some reason haha. But there's a lot of important stuff coming up so I just have to pray that the auditions won't all be on dates that won't work for me ugh..

Also, best of luck to everyone waiting for Easter contracts <3 !!

I'm Sorry for my late answer, really busy with a lot of stuff! But I just send the email to the dutch castingdirector, so hopefully I get an answer soon. (UPDATE: She's out of the office till 4 march, so we need to wait :() Good luck with all the stuff for you exams. Luckily I'm all done with it haha, I got a free year now!
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Nao

@Tiffanyfinsy

I think I have news. I sent my CV and such off for the auditions in Paris and they replied that since they were planning an audition in my home country it would be "more beneficial" to me to look out for the audition here. They said the date and location would be up "shortly" well that was three days ago but still. I don't think they would tell me this if the audition wasn't sure to happen so I think we can expect it to. Still, fingers crossed that they won't be in my finals week..
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

LydiaSophia

sorry it took me so long to reply but I just received a reply to my email and they've offered me a contract working in one of the shops for this easter :)) only problem is the dates they've offered me are later than what i asked for so I've asked if i can make my contract earlier because it clashes with my uni term so hopefully that won't be a problem :/

Kayleighmplatt

hello everyone :) I am turning 18 in a couple of months and really want to audition to become a character for either the summer season or a few weeks at Christmas as I am studying at college. I study acting and have started jazz lessons so I have experience in performing. apparently I am also a good height for a character as I am 5'1. does anyone know the email address for the Disney casting as i have looked and can't seem to find it :( if anyone else knows anything about auditions in Leeds that would be a great help too :) thank you xx

rebecca

Quote from: "LydiaSophia"sorry it took me so long to reply but I just received a reply to my email and they've offered me a contract working in one of the shops for this easter :)) only problem is the dates they've offered me are later than what i asked for so I've asked if i can make my contract earlier because it clashes with my uni term so hopefully that won't be a problem :/

congrats! what date do you leave? x

Flounder042

Quote from: "LydiaSophia"sorry it took me so long to reply but I just received a reply to my email and they've offered me a contract working in one of the shops for this easter :)) only problem is the dates they've offered me are later than what i asked for so I've asked if i can make my contract earlier because it clashes with my uni term so hopefully that won't be a problem :/

congratulations!! When did you apply?

lauralouisemidwinter

Okay so I have appliesd many, many times and it has always been a no sorry but I recently applied and got htis back in an email.

Dear Laura,
Thank you for your interest you have shown in auditioning for the Character and Parade Department here at Disneyland Paris.
Unfortunately it is too early for our next season's auditions.
If you are interested in working as a skin character or a parade performer, with in the Character and Parade Department, we need you to re-register 2 months before your availability start date on: www.disneylandparis-casting.com/en
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

So I think that's sorry but you can have one later :)
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Tink_22

Hey guys ! my skype interview for a summer job is Thursday morning.  :)
Do you have any advice to give ? anyone had a Skype interview before ?

rosietinkerbell1

Sorry a few questions about general jobs (shops, rides etc.)
I'm 16 at the moment turning 17 in July so obviously not next year but i really want to work here when I'm 18. However my parents are a little unsupportive of me taking a year out to work there and would rather me do holiday work during uni, which i guess is a good compromise. (So earliest contract would be Summer 2013).
When should i go to a recruitment session, can i go when I'm 17 providing i'll be 18 when i start? and can i sign up to multiple contracts at once (summer, christmas, easter etc.?) ?
Also my french is AS level standard and A* at GCSE, will this be okay?

Thanks!

tanya13

Quote from: "Tink_22"Hey guys ! my skype interview for a summer job is Thursday morning.  :)
Do you have any advice to give ? anyone had a Skype interview before ?

Hello, my skype interview is this afternoon so I will let you know how it is/what they ask etc :) x